The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hamhuis or Weber

shazzam

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You'd have to overpay for Weber in terms of trading assets, and you might have to overpay Hamhuis (dollar-wise) because he's an UFA. BUT, since he's from Smithers, and he MIGHT want to play here... he may take less than market value to play for the nucks. But that all depends on what people are willing to pay him on the market, and what we are willing to pay for him as well. If the market doesn't match our price (lets say ppl over 5 yr/30 million), I think that's an overpayment and then we wouldn't get him. But if the market's around 5-ish/year, we can probably get him for 4-4.5. Weber... we gotta wait til he's an UFA I think... by then, I'd think we'd be paying 6-7 for him

Weber, easily. A stud defenseman like Weber is what this team needs to be a topflight contender. Say we had to give up Edler, Hodgson and a 1st; I'd still do it. In fact, trade anyone other than the Sedins and Kesler, and this team would immediately become the favourite to come out of the west (assuming Chicago isn't the same team next year). Conversely, if you add Hamhuis without subtracting anyone, we would look good but we still wouldn't have improved much. We'd still be missing that #1 defenseman.

Archived