The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Unofficial Golf Thread**

Are you a golfer?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just played putrid this morning and have done for a month. Lost all rhythm and borderline putting yips. To make matters worse got thunderstormed off for an hour, to just sit and ponder only 9 freakin points at the turn. At least you guys get winter to ski and forget about the stupid game. #ventover

• 4 weeks later...

Abbostford's Adam Hadwin just shot a 59!!!!!!!!!

Elliotte FriedmanVerified account ‏@FriedgeHNIC  26m26 minutes ago

Adam Hadwin just shot 59 at La Quinta

Adam Hadwin has joined the exclusive "59 Club" on the PGA Tour.

The Canadian parred his final hole for a 13 under par in the third round of the CareerBuilder Challenge on Saturday in La Quinta, California, becoming the eighth different player to shoot 59 or better in PGA Tour history.

Hadwin had 13 birdies Saturday to tie the all-time PGA Tour record. He became the first Canadian with a 59 on the PGA Tour, and he is the first player without a tour win to shoot that number.

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Abbostford's Adam Hadwin just shot a 59!!!!!!!!!

Elliotte FriedmanVerified account ‏@FriedgeHNIC  26m26 minutes ago

Adam Hadwin just shot 59 at La Quinta

Adam Hadwin has joined the exclusive "59 Club" on the PGA Tour.

The Canadian parred his final hole for a 13 under par in the third round of the CareerBuilder Challenge on Saturday in La Quinta, California, becoming the eighth different player to shoot 59 or better in PGA Tour history.

Hadwin had 13 birdies Saturday to tie the all-time PGA Tour record. He became the first Canadian with a 59 on the PGA Tour, and he is the first player without a tour win to shoot that number.

I have been watching Hadwin since he turned pro...he has come close..maybe this is the year or possibly weekend where he wins his first...I really like this guy.

30 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Close but no cigar..bogeys hurt him today..he finished 2nd however for a nice payday but has to wait for his first win...he moved up the overall list 38 spots..he is now number 10 this season.

2nd place paid $626,400 US and 300 Fedex points, sinking that last putt was worth an extra $290K.  ::D

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

2nd place paid $626,400 US and 300 Fedex points, sinking that last putt was worth an extra $290K.  ::D

i WAS WORRIED THAT HE WOULD MISS AND SETTLE FOR A 2ND PLACE SPLIT..if he had started out a little better...who know..today he was even after 5 holes...yesterday he was -4 after 5

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

i WAS WORRIED THAT HE WOULD MISS AND SETTLE FOR A 2ND PLACE SPLIT..if he had started out a little better...who know..today he was even after 5 holes...yesterday he was -4 after 5

If he put that 2nd shot on the green there instead of the 3rd, he would have had the birdie and the tie. Outstanding tournament for him!

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

If he put that 2nd shot on the green there instead of the 3rd, he would have had the birdie and the tie. Outstanding tournament for him!

draining that putt on 17 really helped too..yes..really good result...I think he will break through this season..his putting is killer right now.

Edited by ShakyWalton

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Once again, the archaic rules of golf strike, this time on the LPGA side.

Apparently on Saturday, Lexi Thompson marked her ball, before making a 1 foot tap-in. Some Dickhead was watching on TV and called in to report that when she re-placed her ball, it was an inch away from where she had marked it. No-one actually believes that 1 inch makes a difference on any putt, let alone a tap-in and no-one believes the infraction was deliberate.

However, that did not stop the tournament rules committee from imposing a 4 shot penalty, (2 for the infraction and 2 for signing an incorrect scorecard) costing here a two-stroke lead in the tournament, which she ultimately lost in a playoff to Soyeon Ryu.

It's hard enough to watch golf on TV and episodes like this are why it will likely remain the province of well-to-do jerkoffs, like the one who called in and made this report.

So we are in for quite the Sunday. Who takes the Green Jacket? Does Sergio get his 1st major or does he choke again? Will Speith get another one after closing the gap on Saturday? Will Charlie Hoffman, the guy no one cares about win it? 

Personally I would like to see Justin Rose win it as I put money down on him to win at the start of the tournament. Also put money on Lee Westwood so seeing him have a huge Sunday and winning would be even better

• 2 weeks later...