The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Unofficial Golf Thread**

Are you a golfer?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm always amazed that John Daly is still alive. What a rough lifestyle.

I go golfing when I can (which isn't too often) but usually score in the 90's. I don't consider myself terrible for someone that never goes out regularly. I could probably break 90 often if I actually focused on it more often, but I don't have the time!

And pitch and putt is a great way to work on your short game. Kensington in Burnaby is a nice little course.

I love to get out there when I can. I have John Daly clubs in my bag with a Callaway sand wedge, a Ping Lob Wedge, and an extra Dunlop putter and 6 Iron. Also have a Chipping Iron and a 7 Wood from Spalding. I play at Big Sky's Academy course. I suck but did get my first birdie last year on the hardest hole. I am certain that it was a fluke though.

Golf Enthusiasts, this is your place!

Do you golf? How often?

What is your handicap?

What clubs do you play?

Need help with your swing, or advice on equipment?

What courses do you play?

I'll start.

I work at a golf course. I love it. Free golf is a nice perk. I have been as low as a 15 handicap, but hover around 18 right now. I haven't had a lot of time to play yet this year, this is the biggest reason why my game is so inconsistent. In my bag, I have an R7 Superquad Driver, Adams Idea woods, R7 Draw hybrid, Srixon 1-503 irons, old mizuno wedges (about 10 years old, love 'em) and an Odessyy White Steel putter.

Worked at Surrey Golf Course for years. I play regularly in the Team 1040 Golf Series this year. My cap is down to about a 5 if we're using the RCGA system but I went down to a 2 using the TEAM Radio Cap System after I shot 73 at Redwoods at that event about a month ago. I play for Kwantlen University as well.

TaylorMade Burner Tour Driver

TaylorMade Burner 3W, 5W

Cheap Callaway Fusion Knock-off Irons from 3-PW (Sad I know)

Titlist Vokey Wedges 52 and 56 degree

Ping Putter

And I will only ever play ProV1's from now on. Love that golf ball.

Golf Enthusiasts, this is your place!

Do you golf? How often?

What is your handicap?

What clubs do you play?

Need help with your swing, or advice on equipment?

What courses do you play?

I'll start.

I work at a golf course. I love it. Free golf is a nice perk. I have been as low as a 15 handicap, but hover around 18 right now. I haven't had a lot of time to play yet this year, this is the biggest reason why my game is so inconsistent. In my bag, I have an R7 Superquad Driver, Adams Idea woods, R7 Draw hybrid, Srixon 1-503 irons, old mizuno wedges (about 10 years old, love 'em) and an Odessyy White Steel putter.

• Yes
  • Usually 3-5 times a month
  • Roughly a 15 handicap (usually shoot single digits when my short game doesn't completely suck).
  • Cobra (D, 3-SW), Alien (3W, 5W), Odyssey (P)
  • No advice needed.  My short game sucks simply because I don't practice (that life thing and living in an apartment both get in the way).
  • Cowichan and Mt. Brenton mainly, but I'm not opposed to going w/ friends or my dad to other courses if they want.

What balls do you guys play ?  I use one of:  Maxfli Revolution, Top Flite Strata Tour, or Titleist Pro Wound.  All are pretty old (I won a 12-pack of each for finishing 1st net in a tournament about a decade ago), I seem to play better with them than the strays I pick up in the forest helping my dad look for his ball :P

Love golfing.I have an old Wilson Deep Red D, and an Adams golf Speedline 3W and Adams golf Tight lies iron set 3-LW. I try and get out at least 2 or 3 times a week if I can get it out of work. I live in Kamloops so there's a plethora of good courses to play. Shot an 86 out at The Dunes last weekend and have a tee time at Rivershore in a couple hours :D

So I really suck at golf - still looking to 'honestly' break 100. But I love it.

One thing I have really gotten good at is remembering the good shots. (probably because it is such a short list:lol: :( )

Tried a new course this weekend. Beautiful course. My best shot was after a reasonable drive on a par 5. I drove the ball over 200 but the ball landed with some trees in the way for my next shot. They were about 40 yards in front of me. I was able to shape the ball (or just use my natural slice) to get the ball around the trees and advance it about another 200 yards with my 3 fairway metal.

:towel:

I won't say how I finished the hole because, like I said, I really suck at golf. :(

I have never really golfed before. I have been to a driving range, but pretty much don't know what I am doing. Anyone have any suggestions on how to learn/where to start? (i don't have any family or friends near me that golf)

I have never really golfed before. I have been to a driving range, but pretty much don't know what I am doing. Anyone have any suggestions on how to learn/where to start? (i don't have any family or friends near me that golf)

If you want to be serious about it - get lessons.

Big win by Oosthuizen at St.Andrews yesterday. Another name to add to the list of top-notch South African players.

I feel pretty good about my pre-tourney prediction though. ;)

my pre tourney predictions (I always take 3 guys): Westwood, McDowell, and Rose

Crazy how Westwood is 3rd in the world now, if he made some more putts in round 3, I think he would've at least challenged Oosthuizen a bit

• 1 month later...

Never golfed and it shows.

Played a 18 hole game (work sponsered) last week. Didn't know all the etiquette and stuff. I probably had about maybe 5-6 good swings/puts the entire time. It was a fun 5 hrs. I think I'll take it up since my bro gave me his old set of clubs. Maybe take some lessons so I won't suck as much.