The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Unofficial Golf Thread**

Are you a golfer?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 months later...

Anyone watching PGA championship?

It is pretty wide open. I will probably watch more tomorrow. Too much yard/house work today. :(

Go Furyk!!!

Wow. Tiger is done. I'm newbie to golf pretty much and kept thinking I could nail that shot/putt. Of course this is patently untrue but he is just sucking the big one.

Just started really. Played scramble/best ball about 10 times back in 2000 and of course a par 3 here and there.

Picked up some irons on sale a while back (prices in the middle east are double what they are in the US/Canada).

Wife just paid for a family/couple academy membership to the club that our house comple is part of for my Bday. About $1300/year unlimited use of the par 3 and driving range which is great for me to work on my short game which is my goal for this year.

Tools of the trade:

4-SW Callaway X-22 with graphite shafts.

Nike Sumo 10.5degree driver

Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 driver

Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 3&5 woods

Callaway 3 hybrid

Oddessey XG #1 (blade) and #7 (fang) putters.

60 and 52 degree Titliest Vokey Spin milled wedges.

As with anything golf consistency is the key.

My short game is actually very good for a beginner and my wedge play with my 60 is something I'm happy with. Want to get deadly with my wedges.

I'm a naturally good putter and I have a different style where I look at the hole and not the ball when putting.

Played the 1st 9 on the Yas links in abushabi as my first big course play in 10 years and shot 54 minus my mulligan drives. Not bad for 1st time on a big course, a links at that with very brisk winds.

Drives are about 230. Consistency is definitely needed though. With a bit of practice I expect to have this under control.

Played a total of 2 1/2 rounds at the local course and shot 54,56,55,58 and 68 each 9 holes.

Playing about 4-7 times a week in 40 degree heat with tons of humidity. So it kinds sucks but you get used to it.

Had to regrip my clubs with midsized lamkim full cords as the stock callaway grips were too slippery for my sweat levels ( which are completely drench level).

Haven't seen these ones but he's completely off his game.

His drive went straight into the bunker, his bunker shot went into the bunker on the left side of the green. He tried to make a magical shot out of the bunker onto the green, while a simple chip would have done the trick, the ball rocketed right of the green into the drink. So he had to drop it.

Next hole, his tee shot went straight left, he punched it out of the trees into the bermuda, then his club caught the bermuda which caused the ball to go flying into the trees again. It was just an absolute nightmare.

• 3 weeks later...

Where do you guys golf? I go to pitch and putt in central park, and Riverway Golf Course and the Driving Range.

I live in the middle east so golf course out this way. My wife bought us a family membership to our local golf course for the academy (driving range and par 3) as I plan to work in my short game for the next year.

• 4 weeks later...