The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Unofficial Golf Thread**

Are you a golfer?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Golf Enthusiasts, this is your place!

Do you golf? How often?

What is your handicap?

What clubs do you play?

Need help with your swing, or advice on equipment?

What courses do you play?

I'll start.

I work at a golf course. I love it. Free golf is a nice perk. I have been as low as a 15 handicap, but hover around 18 right now. I haven't had a lot of time to play yet this year, this is the biggest reason why my game is so inconsistent. In my bag, I have an R7 Superquad Driver, Adams Idea woods, R7 Draw hybrid, Srixon 1-503 irons, old mizuno wedges (about 10 years old, love 'em) and an Odessyy White Steel putter.

Guest AriGold

Golf every Monday and Thursday usually double twilight which starts at 6pm. Easy to get 18 holes in and it usually costs around 25$. Golfing Northview tomorrow for 25$.

Nike Dyno Driver, Nike Ignite Irons, Cleveland sand wedge, Nike Putter. Ball of choice is Titleist NXT Tour , 2 1/2 inch Wood Tees.

Usually play from the White's but do the blues come into play now and then.

I Golf in a usual rotation of The Falls, Northview ( Ridge and Canal ), Hazelmere, Peace Portal.

I will be golfing Kapalua September 20th this year which is 258$ but definatly worth it.

I tell people my handicap is 13 but its really 14. But i do like the sound of a 85 alot more than a 86.

Also i shot a 76 at Hazelmere last year.

Edited by AriGold

Golf every Monday and Thursday usually double twilight which starts at 6pm. Easy to get 18 holes in and it usually costs around 25$. Golfing Northview tomorrow for 25$.

Nike Dyno Driver, Nike Ignite Irons, Cleveland sand wedge, Nike Putter. Ball of choice is Titleist NXT Tour , 2 1/2 inch Wood Tees.

Usually play from the White's but do the blues come into play now and then.

I Golf in a usual rotation of The Falls, Northview ( Ridge and Canal ), Hazelmere, Peace Portal.

I will be golfing Kapalua September 20th this year which is 258$ but definatly worth it.

I tell people my handicap is 13 but its really 14. But i do like the sound of a 85 alot more than a 86.

Also i shot a 76 at Hazelmere last year.

I am still waiting for the day I can break 80. But I seem to be going backwards. :(

Golf Enthusiasts, this is your place!

Do you golf? How often?

What is your handicap?

What clubs do you play?

Need help with your swing, or advice on equipment?

What courses do you play?

I'll start.

I work at a golf course. I love it. Free golf is a nice perk. I have been as low as a 15 handicap, but hover around 18 right now. I haven't had a lot of time to play yet this year, this is the biggest reason why my game is so inconsistent. In my bag, I have an R7 Superquad Driver, Adams Idea woods, R7 Draw hybrid, Srixon 1-503 irons, old mizuno wedges (about 10 years old, love 'em) and an Odessyy White Steel putter.

Nice, I also work at a golf course and try to play once a week. Been difficult though with school and the crapty weather lately. Currently using a generic set of clubs with an Odessy putter, can't afford new clubs yet :P

I play 3-4, sometimes 5 times a week in the summer. 16 Index, 18 Cap in most courses. I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO SHORTGAME :P I can drive it around 270-280 but my iron game has been really off lately.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2

5 Wood: Callaway X - steel shaft

Irons: 4-S R7TP

Wedge: 60 degree Cleveland CG 14 with canada flag :)

Putter: Odyssey XG #9

On another note, anybody here try the Supertri? It is the BEST DRIVER EVER!!! It is next to impossible to miss if you have a consistent swing, and it is a powerful driver. I want it SOOO BAD

Usually golf 3 rounds of 18 a week during the summer. I haven't calculated my actual handicap, but I usually shoot mid 80's on a par 72 and 74.

Finally got my driver figured out only took me 3 years. I can now say that I can drive 220+ consistent. :D

I play 3-4, sometimes 5 times a week in the summer. 16 Index, 18 Cap in most courses. I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO SHORTGAME :P I can drive it around 270-280 but my iron game has been really off lately.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2

5 Wood: Callaway X - steel shaft

Irons: 4-S R7TP

Wedge: 60 degree Cleveland CG 14 with canada flag :)

Putter: Odyssey XG #9

On another note, anybody here try the Supertri? It is the BEST DRIVER EVER!!! It is next to impossible to miss if you have a consistent swing, and it is a powerful driver. I want it SOOO BAD

Yeah, I hit our Demo of it. It is brilliant. I've got the Superquad, can't wait to upgrade to it's newer version.

I am just starting to golf. I love it. Im not that good but im working on my swing. I am planning on going golfing a lot this summer with my dad. So hopefully I can get better.

Also, are we gonna be talking PGA tour here. I follow it and I would love to talk about it on CDC.

First off I'm a Lefty.

Taylor Made Burner '07 Driver, '09 3 Wood

Adams 3 & 4 Hybrids

Taylor Made R7 Irons

Titleist Vokey 50 & 60 degree wedges (awesome clubs BTW)

Rife Putter

My handicap is my Driver. If I'm hitting Driver, I can be absolutely anywhere from the far left/right trees and anywhere in between and I play like a 20 handicap.

However, if I only hit 3 wood or an Iron off the tee, I can play around a 10-12 Handicap. My Driver kills me but it's still fun to try and bomb away.

In the summer (cuz the air is dry) I can hit 270 pretty consistently. However I have this crappy fade right now that I'm trying to get rid of cuz it's killing my distance when I start pushing it too much. I have a killer swing speed on my driver (105-106mph av) but I haven't been converting my driver swing to my iron/short game. By the time I'm on the green, I'm already scrambling to putt for par/bogey usually, so I can't really say if my putting is clutch or not. @Teebolio - I'm a lefty too!

• 2 weeks later...