The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really won't be overly surprised if he chooses not to sign with Vancouver.

I think JB has been targeting defense depth all this year because he's not sure about McNally and I don't think he's sure that he should sign Subban either.

Didn't I just see you in the Subban thread saying something similar? Why do you think that will be the case (or that your wouldn't be surprised by it at least)?

Maybe he just wants lots of defensive depth since we don't have top end prospects that are a higher percentage to make the NHL like we do with the forwards. If one of the extra signings turns out, then great, if not then he's likely at least given our draft picks a chance to try out at the pro level at least and see if they can fit the bill before he goes out and acquires one.

trade him to oilers for a 3rd hey can offer him a schultz like offer he can't refuse benign can steal a gem with a early 3rd or van can sign him 3 yrs with a 100k signing bonus in all reality he can take summer school to finish a degree you'd think a 100k would persuade someone

What's the deal with namecalling Benning? How is he "benign"? The guy signed an all star out of free agency for a damn good price, a great goalie in Miller and made enough moves to rebuild in a matter of months.

You just come off as an ass.

Didn't I just see you in the Subban thread saying something similar? Why do you think that will be the case (or that your wouldn't be surprised by it at least)?

Maybe he just wants lots of defensive depth since we don't have top end prospects that are a higher percentage to make the NHL like we do with the forwards. If one of the extra signings turns out, then great, if not then he's likely at least given our draft picks a chance to try out at the pro level at least and see if they can fit the bill before he goes out and acquires one.

Just let it go Elvis, deep breaths. McNally chose school like a smart man would.

I just get the feeling he doesn't care particularly about signing with the Canucks, seems to be a big USA guy. Nice kid tho!

My daughter attended a USA University and frequently when it got around to International topics the Prof apprently used to ask .... where's my Cdn student ...I have a question LOL

The USA does tend to view the world some thing like the flat earth society LOL

Just let it go Elvis, deep breaths. McNally chose school like a smart man would.

Did I miss something in this thread where he made the decision so it's already a done deal that he's never going to play for us and only wants to finish his degree rather than play pro hockey? Did you ever reply to my earlier post asking you specifically where the magical deadline was that had somehow passed without me knowing? Did he get multiple opportunities with the Canucks sometime in his career already and fail miserably so that we should just close this thread and forget he ever existed?

And yes, I am waiting for an actual answer despite the facetiousness of the above.

See my reply in the Subban thread. I'm not saying it won't happen, I would love to see both these guys under contract. That doesn't necessarily mean that it Will happen. There's a lot of factors to consider from management standpoint.

Well, I think we all know there's a possibility, but there are plenty in here suggesting it's not going to happen and your post wasn't exactly on the positive or hopeful side. No need to sell the horse to the glue factory before it's run the race, especially without anything factual to say it won't happen when teams usually sign their draft picks.

he remains our property until aug 15 following his graduation from school, whenever that may be. if he goes back to harvard and doesn't play hockey, he's still ours until he graduates, though we'd have less incentive to sign him if he just takes off a year of hockey for no reason.

Harvard isn't no reason haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I could be completely wrong, but I have this feeling that McNally won't be back at Harvard next year, and that he will wait out his option to sign with the Canucks and sign a entry contract with the team he chooses.

Just a feeling....hope I'm wrong.

I could be completely wrong, but I have this feeling that McNally won't be back at Harvard next year, and that he will wait out his option to sign with the Canucks and sign a entry contract with the team he chooses.

Just a feeling....hope I'm wrong.

Based on... what you had for lunch?

Archived