The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would expect at least two veterans to be signed to work with this group of young dmen. Biega and Huskins all year was given the assignment of being paired with a young guy to help mentor them. I see Biega being resigned and either Huskins brought back or another veteran to replace him. I don't see the Comets going with six young defensemen. Some of these kids will start out in the ECHL.

Biega lives in the area, no? Thought I had read that somewhere. He got some NHL games this year and I

wonder if he still thinks he can make it. IMHO he was the most impressive callup the Canucks had on

defense this year. If he signs with Utica realizing that it will be a AHL career he might look elsewhere. He has the skills to think about coaching down the road as well. I am sure that he and Baumgartner have had some interesting talks.

Biega lives in the area, no? Thought I had read that somewhere. He got some NHL games this year and I

wonder if he still thinks he can make it. IMHO he was the most impressive callup the Canucks had on

defense this year. If he signs with Utica realizing that it will be a AHL career he might look elsewhere. He has the skills to think about coaching down the road as well. I am sure that he and Baumgartner have had some interesting talks.

Biega lives in the Boston area during the off season. Probably because he like McNally went to Harvard. His wife moved to Utica with him the past two seasons something she didn't do during his time with the Rochester Americans. The Biega's had their first child here in Utica about two months ago.

Biega lives in the Boston area during the off season. Probably because he like McNally went to Harvard. His wife moved to Utica with him the past two seasons something she didn't do during his time with the Rochester Americans. The Biega's had their first child here in Utica about two months ago.

I kind of hope Benning keeps Biega around as a 8th defenceman or an injury call up. He did well in the 5 games he played

So funny that McNally is the young age of 23 and hopefully he can develop but sbisa at 24 was supposedly topped out according to cdc.

McNally hasn't played 342 NHL games.

Nor will McNally's elc, wherever he signs one, be for an AAV of $3,6 million.

btw, as one of the fiercer critics of the Sbisa signing, I don't take the position he's necessarily topped out, as coryberg puts it, but am very critical of paying someone who's had 7 seasons in the NHL $3.6 million annually in the hope that he will be far, far more effective than he has been.

I think McNally will be given a chance to make the team during trainning camp. That being said he will probably spend at least half a season in Utica before getting a call up

As of Now the Pecking order in Utica is

Pedan

Hutton/Mcnally

Subban

I thought the plan was he attends our Junior Orientation camps, and the Canucks go from there, no? this kid has elite puck handling / end to end skating abilities, something no defencemens in our system has. Sure we have a few guys that have elite offensive skills, (Subban, Maybe Hutton) but someone that has a deadly snap shot like he does, and not chicken sh!t and not afraid to take the puck from one end to another and actually be scared to do so, while not causing much turn overs... we need this kid in our system. 6'3 205 lb defender, that can skate end to end with offensive abilities?? i'm down for a guy like that.

Nor will McNally's elc, wherever he signs one, be for an AAV of $3,6 million.

btw, as one of the fiercer critics of the Sbisa signing, I don't take the position he's necessarily topped out, as coryberg puts it, but am very critical of paying someone who's had 7 seasons in the NHL $3.6 million annually in the hope that he will be far, far more effective than he has been.

Sbisa's contract isn't overpriced imo. Hamhuis would be making north of $5.5M in today's market.

Sbisa will take Bieksa's spot eventually for a mill cheaper.

I'm wondering if he'll just be cut loose. Or if any of the Gillis college picks will work out. We signed Cannata though. And Benning said Hutton was 'really good.'

After reading about his run in Boston this spring playing on a torn up knee and still leading his team...I hope we don't cut him loose.

I'd like to see where he can get too with that much drive.

Hm.... seems like McNally is going to turn Pro.

@mdledecky

Breaking: Harvard hockey standouts Patrick McNally, Steve Michalek, and Max Everson denied NCAA eligibility waivers @THCSports @thecrimson

@mdledecky

McNally, Michalek, and Everson will enter pro pool. @baskincase

Thanks for the report; I imagine Benning is on this!

Any news on his knee anybody?

Sbisa's contract isn't overpriced imo. Hamhuis would be making north of $5.5M in today's market.

Sbisa will take Bieksa's spot eventually for a mill cheaper.

On half the teams in the league, Hamhuis is not worth what we are paying him. Bieksa is a broken down hulk of what he was, so comparing Sbisa to him is comparing him to someone who can barely stay in the league - then there is the problem that Sbisa is a left D and Bieksa a right so he will never be 'replacing' him.

On half the teams in the league, Hamhuis is not worth what we are paying him. Bieksa is a broken down hulk of what he was, so comparing Sbisa to him is comparing him to someone who can barely stay in the league - then there is the problem that Sbisa is a left D and Bieksa a right so he will never be 'replacing' him.

Hamhuis is and has always been a steal at 4.5M.

Bieksa's getting up there in age and should be moved for a chance at a cup.

Sbisa will replace Bieksa in monetary terms not in the exact side of the position.

Interesting tidbit from Benning: #Canucks will not sign D-man Patrick McNally, who just finished at Harvard. He was a 4th-rnd pick in 2010.

McNally becomes a free agent Aug. 15. Benning says #Canucks have other young offensive D-men like Subban and Hutton who are ahead of him.

I always thought he wasn't signing here because of his preference, but it's Benning who doesn't want to sign him. That's really interesting. Hope he is right

Archived