The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Too bad that Benning's not signing him. However, I see it. He's 23. There's a lot of players of his mold already in the prospect pipeline here and he wasn't a huge standout in the NCAA compared to other players of his type. I wouldn't be shocked if his rights are thrown in as part of a bigger deal, could yield a slightly higher return from a team who is looking for defensive prospect depth. Columbus, Carolina, and Edmonton come to mind...

I disagree on Benning point of view about McNally being behind Hutton and Subban. But McNally is 23 is i guess there is that. I wonder what team takes a flyer on him, i'm sure he will be looking for a one way deal with a NHL spot in the near future.

I disagree on Benning point of view about McNally being behind Hutton and Subban. But McNally is 23 is i guess there is that. I wonder what team takes a flyer on him, i'm sure he will be looking for a one way deal with a NHL spot in the near future.

It's hard enough to get a two-way deal to a team.

I guess Benning knows what he's doing...

Wasn't McNally one of our supposed franchise defensemen at some point? Now it's all on Hutton and Subban. I mean it's all on Hutton. No I mean what? These guys aren't franchise defensemen!

Well it also gives us an idea of who Benning believes will be able to land a regular gig in Utica. Hutton and Subban seem to fill out Benning's Utica line up, in addition to Pedan and 2 vets, then I think it tells us who will be in Utica and who lands on the K-Wings.

Pedan - Huskins

Hutton - Biega

Andersson - Subban

Cederholm, McEneny, Sautner ??

Benning is right though, we have enough defensemen to develop.

Not like I'm going to mourn the loss or anything, but I can't say I understand it either. Seems to be a character kid apart from the cheating scandal, and definitely is a player we're missing from our prospect pool style-wise.

Trade his rights?

For what? We don't pick in the 10th plus round anymore.

What a bad decision...

We throw around contracts to long shots like Sautner, but can't even spare one for a 4th round pick who is exactly what we need in our system?

Sure we might not end up regreting this, but I don't understand not seeing what the kid has at least. Now the 2010 draft is officially a write off for us.

Granted, we traded our top three picks away in the 2010 draft.

2010 wasn't a particularly strong draft anyway, so the Canucks likely didn't miss out on much. Perhaps a player like Bjugstad, Toffoli, Etem, or Coyle.

Oh...

Granted, we traded our top three picks away in the 2010 draft.

2010 wasn't a particularly strong draft anyway, so the Canucks likely didn't miss out on much. Perhaps a player like Bjugstad, Toffoli, Etem, or Coyle.

Oh...

To be fair... we didn't have a shot at Bjugstad since he was drafted 19th overall, and our (traded) pick was the 25th overall.

However, I do agree that we missed out on Kuznetsov (right below Howden...), Etem, Coyle, and Toffoli - if you want to stretch it that we would take a projected 2nd rounder in the 1st. All of this is a moot point now...

Here's to hoping that Benning has a replacement college free agent on his radar as DeNiro mentioned...

I hope Benning has another college free agent prospect he's looking at, because we really don't have the depth to be passing on guys like McNally.

Archived