The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He should join Weise in the Netherlands, enjoy being a fan favourite for a while and get his confidence back up. :P

Weise will be way way better then anyone on cdc thinks...he is not a 4th line player..he will be a good player in the NHL (not a good fighter but a good player)

So what happened? Why did he leave the team.

his answers to a take home exam last semester were found to be eerily similar to about 126 other student's tests... apparently they were not supposed to use books or corroborate with eachother and harvard cracked down. the scandal/investigation is ongoing and has been in progress since the summer, but Mcnally decided to leave before any judgement came down... and yes, he was named in it.

his answers to a take home exam last semester were found to be eerily similar to about 126 other student's tests... apparently they were not supposed to use books or corroborate with eachother and harvard cracked down. the scandal/investigation is ongoing and has been in progress since the summer, but Mcnally decided to leave before any judgement came down... and yes, he was named in it.

Oh damn, so what happens now? Can he play in the CHL or AHL or anything?

Anyone worried that he values his education much more than his hockey career at this point, and is actually willing to sit out a whole year just so he can be reinstated to Harvard next year?

harvard will not reinstate him. it violates their code of ethics, and this scandal is all about them trying to save face and "keep their integrity"

he could transfer to another school, but then he can't play next season either. it's best for him to just go pro, and finish his degree in the summer/online instead.

Anyone worried that he values his education much more than his hockey career at this point, and is actually willing to sit out a whole year just so he can be reinstated to Harvard next year?

Why would you be worried about this? He is in no way a can't miss prospect so why shouldn't he be concerned for his education. He more than likely would make more money from a Harvard degree than he ever will playing pro hockey. That degree is both prestigious and worth some serious dollars.

Why would you be worried about this? He is in no way a can't miss prospect so why shouldn't he be concerned for his education. He more than likely would make more money from a Harvard degree than he ever will playing pro hockey. That degree is both prestigious and worth some serious dollars.

think the canucks are even interested in him after this stunt. we all know how much leadership is valued in this organization. cheating doesn't usually pan out to make the greatest leaders.

think the canucks are even interested in him after this stunt. we all know how much leadership is valued in this organization. cheating doesn't usually pan out to make the greatest leaders.

kid made a single mistake, they are not going to throw away a promising offensive defenceman prospect just because he used a book on a take home test like 150+ other students did in the same class and Harvard suddenly decided to crack down.

kid made a single mistake, they are not going to throw away a promising offensive defenceman prospect just because he used a book on a take home test like 150+ other students did in the same class and Harvard suddenly decided to crack down.

oh I know I see it both ways. like this kid isn't putting up schultz numbers and he may try and take more of a career path now, but like you said it was a take home test and its not like he did something inhumane... I was just analyzing the situation and presenting the idea that the canucks may have lost interest in Patrick.

oh I know I see it both ways. like this kid isn't putting up schultz numbers and he may try and take more of a career path now, but like you said it was a take home test and its not like he did something inhumane... I was just analyzing the situation and presenting the idea that the canucks may have lost interest in Patrick.

I agree tbh I wasn't very fond of the picking of McNally in the first place. By now if the Canucks really cared a whole lot for McNally's development as a player you would think they would have pressured at least the Chicago Wolves or The Kalamazoo Wings to sign him to a ATO conract. But this has gone on for a while also makes me think that the Canuck brass are starting to see the reason why the other 29 teams passed him because he was overly commited to Harvard University.

Too bad for McNally - although, this could turn out a good lesson for him.

And from a purely selfish standpoint, if he goes pro, I think it is more likely that he develops into a real player than if he stayed in the NCAA. A lot less chance of not being able to sign him too (because of that loophole with college players that allows them to go UFA - like Schultz took advantage of).

I agree tbh I wasn't very fond of the picking of McNally in the first place. By now if the Canucks really cared a whole lot for McNally's development as a player you would think they would have pressured at least the Chicago Wolves or The Kalamazoo Wings to sign him to a ATO conract. But this has gone on for a while also makes me think that the Canuck brass are starting to see the reason why the other 29 teams passed him because he was overly commited to Harvard University.

where the heck did you pull that stinker out of?

I still think he will sign a professional contract somewhere. I think he's just taking the holiday season off, like he would have if he was in school. Wolves should give him an ATO if only out of respect for the Canucks. If he doesn't impress enough to make the roster, then hopefully they can use him as a call up from the Mavericks (Wolves affiliate), as I don't think the K-wings and the Wolves have an agreement beyond Canucks signed players.

@D-Money: I think the ideal time for him to play at Harvard would be two years. Two years to work out and bulk up and get ready physically for the pros, though it'll still be quite a jump. Schroeder, I think, had to go through the same adjustment.

harvard will not reinstate him. it violates their code of ethics, and this scandal is all about them trying to save face and "keep their integrity"

he could transfer to another school, but then he can't play next season either. it's best for him to just go pro, and finish his degree in the summer/online instead.

I thought if he withdrew and waited out a year he could come back to Harvard after that? Isn't that in the rules? Which is why I wondered if he valued his degree enough to be willing to wait out a year... which would be bad for his development.

Archived