The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Getting benched in pro hockey because he can't play defense is going to hurt his game, you need confidence to play your best

who the hell said he can't play defence anyway? just because he's a offensive defenceman? the kid was +2 this year before he was booted (+3 if you count his game against McGill)

who the hell said he can't play defence anyway? just because he's a offensive defenceman? the kid was +2 this year before he was booted (+3 if you count his game against McGill)

-7 last year even while playing with the team's best defensive defenseman, and being one of the top scorers http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/82159/crimsons-mcnally-two-way-defenseman-seeking-one-way-ticket-to-nhl/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=crimsons-mcnally-two-way-defenseman-seeking-one-way-ticket-to-nhl

Every article I've found about him all say the same thing, great offensive skills and skating, needs to focus on defense though.

Also, both hockeydb and eliteprospects have him as a 0 not a +2

-7 last year even while playing with the team's best defensive defenseman, and being one of the top scorers http://www.hockeysfu...y-ticket-to-nhl

Every article I've found about him all say the same thing, great offensive skills and skating, needs to focus on defense though.

Also, both hockeydb and eliteprospects have him as a 0 not a +2

well they are incorrect:

http://www.gocrimson...rickmcnallyxo41

and he was -6 as a freshman

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mice/2011-12/teams/harvard?sort=plusminus&view=lineup&pos=sk&r=0

and he didn't play on the same pairing as Biega except on the PP, which is where the majority of his points came from.

echl isn't ideal, but neither was him getting the boot from harvard. If he wants to be a pro hockey player, hes gonna have to go unconventional route because of his situation. I would rather see him go international, maybe allsvenskan?

ECHL isn't necessarily a prospect graveyard. If you put a good prospect down there it doesn't change the fact that he's a good prospect - he's still going to dominate given opportunity and some linemates to work with. Archibald really improved after his year down there.

Actually yeah I agree, I saw a number somewhere that 490 Players in the NHL have played in the ECHL.

Yea, cause 19 and 20 year old kids never make mistakes.

I don't think they're going to avoid players cause they made a mistake in their life. As long as it's not a pattern, they realize that they're human.

That is not the issue.Of course,everybody makes mistakes.

However,Gillis is the 'character' GM and this event took place on his watch.

Kassian's dust up was a matter of testosterone or alcohol or bad judgement or whatever.

This was dishonesty.

So,you have no idea how the organisation views it.

Found this tweet re: McNally

Farhan Devji @farhandevji 11m

I'm told #Canucks prospect Pat McNally has been skating with an Eastern Junior Hockey League team. Was removed from Harvard's roster in Dec.

Retweeted by passittobulis

View details ·

Found this tweet re: McNally

Farhan Devji @farhandevji 11m

I'm told #Canucks prospect Pat McNally has been skating with an Eastern Junior Hockey League team. Was removed from Harvard's roster in Dec.

Retweeted by passittobulis

View details ·

Jeremie Blain just got recalled from the Idaho Steelheads to the Chicago Wolves. I wonder if it is Idaho or Kalamazoo he is skating with?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't cheat at UBC... The only thing I have cheated on are the little problems worth 0.25% of your mark, and I think I learn better that way. Then again, my average is in the 60's so maybe I should cheat (kidding).

.... "I don't do A. I only do A a little bit when it has little effect..."

If this had been a test and he had cheated in some way it would be a different story, but generally speaking take home exams are a bit of a joke, especially if they are not essay's. I am under the opinion that the only take home exams should be essays, and complex problems (ie problems that require many hours of work, like many programming assignments).

Also PS. If you are seriously worried about your average, most graduate schools in Canada are only/mainly concerned with your upper year (300 and 400 level) courses.

I know for Math/Mathematical finance that none of the graduate schools I have looked at have CGPA requirements other then really low ones like 2.0-2.5, just make sure your GPA on major courses and your last four semester is good (assuming graduate school is a goal).

Yea, cause 19 and 20 year old kids never make mistakes.

I don't think they're going to avoid players cause they made a mistake in their life. As long as it's not a pattern, they realize that they're human.

I think he was just guilty of following the herd and he got caught in a dragnet.

Archived