The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So where the goat is this guy? No one in the Canucks org has said a peep about this guys cheating accusations after the lockout e ended - and no one in the media has asked? The media around here is losing their touch.

He just lost 1 year of hockey development I guess. But he must be planning on returning to Harvard next yr - I guess he's eligible to after a yr right?

Yea, his plan is to return to Harvard in the fall.

Hopefully it hasn't derailed his development too much. We really need this guy to reach his potential, since we don't have enough elite puck movers like him in the system. Before the suspension I would have had him up there in the top 3 for our D prospects. But now it looks like guys like Price, Tommernes, and Andersson have passed him for now.

I'm hoping he took this time off to bulk up and work on his skating at least.

I imagine he'll return - if he was going to turn pro, he probably would've done so already (like Myron did). It doesn't seem like the kind of incident the Canucks would want to publicly discuss. And the lack of media attention, I'm not surprised by... unless your name's Jensen, Gaunce, or Schroeder, or you suddenly crack the lineup (ie. Corrado) they generally don't care. Its pretty disappointing, I think some on CDC are even more aware of what's going on with our secondary prospects sometimes.

Lol, it's definitely true, the media tends to be clueless unless it's a juice story. Which is why I'm surprised no ones jumped on this story which could be pretty juicy "Canucks prospect cheats his way out of Harvard". Lol.

Yea, his plan is to return to Harvard in the fall.

Hopefully it hasn't derailed his development too much. We really need this guy to reach his potential, since we don't have enough elite puck movers like him in the system. Before the suspension I would have had him up there in the top 3 for our D prospects. But now it looks like guys like Price, Tommernes, and Andersson have passed him for now.

I'm hoping he took this time off to bulk up and work on his skating at least.

Ya, him and Price are pretty intriguing to me. Hopefully we get to see Price next yr, and hopefully McNally didn't decide to spend his off time eating cheeseburgers. It's weird we don't even know what he's doing. No hockey, no school, presumably no job - what's this chap doing with his time? Is he at least practicing with a team? It's also pretty weird no one in Canucks org have said a peep about him.

How was McNally doing before he got into trouble? Can he actually be one of the best d-men in the NCAA next year?

As a Freshman, McNally had 28 points in 34 games. That was good for a 0.82 point-per-game clip, which ranked #8 in the country among d-men. The guys in front of him included Justin Schultz, Danny Biega, Torey Krug, and Adam Clendening. Now, he is two years older, and he was already 6'2-190. He certainly is capable of showing a lot next year and being among the best d-men in the country. Imo, it all depends on if he uses this negative situation as motivation to get even better (yes please), or if he lets it drag him down.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know he'll be allowed to resume playing mid-season next year. A New Jersey Devils defense prospect named Jon Merrill went through the same ordeal at U of Michigan and came through it fine. Players miss a calendar year with serious injuries and bounce back to previous form; in this case at least there c is no health concern. As far as I'm concerned he's still a really interesting prospect,

As far as I know he'll be allowed to resume playing mid-season next year. A New Jersey Devils defense prospect named Jon Merrill went through the same ordeal at U of Michigan and came through it fine. Players miss a calendar year with serious injuries and bounce back to previous form; in this case at least there c is no health concern. As far as I'm concerned he's still a really interesting prospect,

I don't believe any details regarding the length of the suspension have been published. It is possible that he will be free to play the entire season next year and also possible that it may be a full calendar year suspension, as you alluded to. I'm hoping for the former, but fair is fair if it is the calender year.

I don't believe any details regarding the length of the suspension have been published. It is possible that he will be free to play the entire season next year and also possible that it may be a full calendar year suspension, as you alluded to. I'm hoping for the former, but fair is fair if it is the calender year.

odds are good that he'll be back to start the season. Remember, he dropped out mid semester, he wasn't suspended. This was most likely a plea deal type of thing. So they wouldn't let him back mid semester, they'd do it at the beginning

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda pumped to see what this guy does this year. If he turns into another gem I'll really start having faith in our defense picks

looking at his play at the highest level he's reached so far, no reason to think he wont be a gem. a lot like torey krug. if he can transcend the set backs and get back to it, we'll definitely have a good one on our hands.

• 1 month later...

Good to hear.

Hopefully he took advantage of his time off by getting bigger and stronger, and working on some of his puck skills.

only saw one report randomly during his suspension that he was practicing with an EJHL team. we have to hope he worked out hard, and the next two seasons at harvard are enough to keep his developement on track. would like to see his offensive flare on the back end to be around for awhile.

Archived