The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...

I was just looking on-line at how our prospects are doing this year in their leagues. I haven't been able to find any information about our top pick last year, Patrick McNally. This kid was the prep defensemen of the year; and was committed to attending Harvard by many, many sources.

Looking at Harvards roster; and on hockeydb.com, he hasn't played a game, and doesn't look like he even is on the team. And obviously; he isn't on his high-school team anymore either. From what I can tell, it seems he isn't even in hockey anymore as there is no trace of him playing anywhere on-line.

Did I miss something; maybe he has somehow been injured or something, or wasn't able to play this year? He apparently had quite solid scouting reports, and Harvard was supposedly excited to have him as a freshman this year. Just wondering what in the hell happened to him.

Sorry, I know this should go in the prospects page, but nobody ever reads those and thought somebody in this forum may know...

"I'm really excited to play for Coach [Ted] Donato, Coach [Patrick] Foley and Coach [bobby] Jay: that's why I chose Harvard, because I really felt comfortable with the coaching staff. I liked each of them a lot, and I'm getting real excited to play for them."

I made a topic about him when the Canucks drafted him. He is a student of Harvard University and supposedly, is going to study there and then join the team.

Realistically, this guy was a steal for the Canucks! He was supposed to get picked in the range of 16-22 and the Canucks got him later! No teams wanted him because they didn't want to wait for him to go to school and then join the team.

So I'm guessing he's studying at the moment. smile.gif We as fans and the whole Canucks organization should be glad we got McNally. He is very talented, has lots of potential and will likely be a future star for us!wink.gif

"2009-10: Played for Milton Academy in Massachusetts. In 28 games, McNally scored 14 goals and added 21 assists for 35 points. McNally was named to the All New England First Team, and he was voted Prep Defenseman of the Year by U.S. Hockey Report."

(http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/patrick_mcnally)

Also, heres his stats ----- http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.cgi?7887

The most impressive thing about him is that he's a d-man!mellow.gif A d-man that is averaging 1 point a game! I can't wait to see this guy in a Moose/Canucks jersey! smile.gif

McNally is still playing for his Prep Team and isn't joining Harvard till 2011. His team's season just recently started, but you likely won't find any updates on him at eliteprospects.com until after the season is completed.

and as another pointed out McNally was ranked much higher then the Canucks drafted him and fell due to his commitment to school. That said, I think McNally will do 2 years at Harvard and turn Pro or the 2013/2014 season. In the final NHL CSS Rankings, McNally was ranked 40th. (He was drafted 115th)

McNally is still playing for his Prep Team and isn't joining Harvard till 2011. His team's season just recently started, but you likely won't find any updates on him at eliteprospects.com until after the season is completed.

and as another pointed out McNally was ranked much higher then the Canucks drafted him and fell due to his commitment to school. That said, I think McNally will do 2 years at Harvard and turn Pro or the 2013/2014 season. In the final NHL CSS Rankings, McNally was ranked 40th. (He was drafted 115th)

Beat me to it. You can get a bit of information on how McNally's doing with Milton here: http://calendar.milt...t_sched_res.asp

The team has played 3 games so far this season and McNally scored a goal in the first game (Nov. 21st). Can't verify whether or not he's scored again and can't find anywhere that's keeping detailed stats.

EDIT: that first game was an exhibition contest

EDIT: Milton Academy's hockey page: http://www.milton.edu/athletics/boyshockey.cfm

I was just looking on-line at how our prospects are doing this year in their leagues. I haven't been able to find any information about our top pick last year, Patrick McNally. This kid was the prep defensemen of the year; and was committed to attending Harvard by many, many sources.

Looking at Harvards roster; and on hockeydb.com, he hasn't played a game, and doesn't look like he even is on the team. And obviously; he isn't on his high-school team anymore either. From what I can tell, it seems he isn't even in hockey anymore as there is no trace of him playing anywhere on-line.

Did I miss something; maybe he has somehow been injured or something, or wasn't able to play this year? He apparently had quite solid scouting reports, and Harvard was supposedly excited to have him as a freshman this year. Just wondering what in the hell happened to him.

WHO?!?!

Sorry, I know this should go in the prospects page, but nobody ever reads those and thought somebody in this forum may know...

"I'm really excited to play for Coach [Ted] Donato, Coach [Patrick] Foley and Coach [bobby] Jay: that's why I chose Harvard, because I really felt comfortable with the coaching staff. I liked each of them a lot, and I'm getting real excited to play for them."

That's the key to where you went wrong. There are many people here that have no clue, and at least in the Prospects forum, you have a better chance of finding someone who has more than a 2-digit IQ. :P

There's a prospects stats thread there that has details on all our players, and it lists him in the USHS, where he had some recent updates on the outcome of the games but no real stats reporting.

That's the key to where you went wrong. There are many people here that have no clue, and at least in the Prospects forum, you have a better chance of finding someone who has more than a 2-digit IQ. :P

There's a prospects stats thread there that has details on all our players, and it lists him in the USHS, where he had some recent updates on the outcome of the games but no real stats reporting.

So let me get this straight:

Followers of obscure high-round draft picks in Prospects Forum = High IQ

People killing a few minutes by browsing CDC's Main Forum because they have higher goals in life than talking about Prab Rai = Low IQ?

I had no idea. I guess I'm in the wrong forum.

People killing a few minutes by browsing CDC's Main Forum because they have higher goals in life than talking about Prab Rai = Low IQ?

yeee boi

lol...nicely done...

What a silly comment!

When looking for info on prospects, generally a prospects page is where you would go.

It is too bad that the mods created a junior hockey page instead of allowing all that kind of talk to occur in this page....it was way better the way it was before mods....way more threads where legitimate discussions took place rather than all these "official" threads.

Just venting about that subject, as I really liked the old set up better.

The IQ comment was silly, but its true if you are looking for prospects info....people who post in here are generally more informed(the whole point of this forum is to share information)about prospects than "people killing a few minutes on CDC's main forum".

Following prospects is a hobby, IQ has nothing to do with it.

On the topic of McNally....google is a really easy way to track down info, for the guy who created the new thread about Pat.

in his last game he had 2 goals and an assist. the brief writeup also mentioned he was a senior captain, but previously mentioned another player as a senior captain in the other game writeups, so either this means the captain rotates, or he's an assistant, or all of the seniors are referred to as captains...

Ok so I figured out the captains situation:

Captains

Jake Turrin

Pat McNally

Aaron Deutsch

apparently they don't differentiate between C and A's (I'm guessing 3 C's?)

No update on this weekend's games yet. other than they split the series, a 6-3 win on the 10th, a 3-2 loss on the 11th.

No info on any points for McNally yet, as the Milton site has not updated yet. The Governor's Academy site berely even mentions their own players, nevermind the other team's players. it's frustrating how they don't give proper stats.

Archived