The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Based on... what you had for lunch?

Not at all, I always base it off patterns in my cheerios. I find that much more accurate!

I tried basing it on which way the water turns in the bowl, but then I realized that only changes if I'm either standing on my head or in Australia (or the southern hemisphere in general)

Now, I'm not completely definitive on the whole Cheerios method, I'm thinking of testing based on which way the nose of certain road kill is pointing. I have high hopes for this, will update you with results!!! Regardless, it couldn't be worse than most of the methods used on this board!!! ::D

Not at all, I always base it off patterns in my cheerios. I find that much more accurate!

I tried basing it on which way the water turns in the bowl, but then I realized that only changes if I'm either standing on my head or in Australia (or the southern hemisphere in general)

Now, I'm not completely definitive on the whole Cheerios method, I'm thinking of testing based on which way the nose of certain road kill is pointing. I have high hopes for this, will update you with results!!! Regardless, it couldn't be worse than most of the methods used on this board!!! : :D

Such rational and objective hypothecating is always appreciated. Breakfast readings -- always go with that first impression.

@GradySas:

Latest on #Canucks defensive prospect Patrick McNally. Pending UFA if he's not signed by August 15th deadline.

Hope they sign Patrick. Been behind him since we drafted him and even after that school mess up and suspension, he's came back even stronger. It'd be a mistake not to sign him imo but no worrying yet as there's lots of time remaining to ink him.

it would be a giant disappointment if he were not signed.

I was thinking if he does do one more year of collage that means he will be 25 by the time he plays an AHL game and 26+ if he plays an NHL game. If he comes out this year he will most likely 25/26 when he plays his first NHL game. Not sure if he is ready to make the jump to the NHL right out of Collage but i've heard he is more of a "finished" product then Hutton is, can anyone verify this

from what i've seen, he is definitely more ready than hutton, and i'm extremely high on hutton. the only problem i see, is that we don't have room for him with all our currently signed nhl d-men. perhaps JB is waiting to see if he can move a d-man or 2 at/before the draft to make some room before signing him. but i dont know why he wouldn't just sign him and send him to utica if they don't have room for him on the nux.

Final exams for Harvard are done by the middle of may, we should find out more with regards to Pat's extension to play next season at that time.

Was on a flight with a couple Crimson players the other day. Exams are done and everyone's heading home. Biggest thing that stuck out is that they view hockey as an amazing way to make contacts and get internships through their alumni. You could just tell it was more about career advancement than anything else.

Not at all a bad thing (why grind in the AHL when you can be making close to league minimum in a few years at a New York office?). But that's the atmosphere McNally's in for what it's worth.

To me he may be just one more reason to wonder how JB looks at players, Such as Sbisa, Clendening, SAUTNER, STEWART and Sadly Corrado. His image of players seems to be different. McNally seemed to be the offensive type D the team was purportedly looking for and yet when puch come to shove they back off ? I have to think McNally's agent has some thing better up his sleeve and won't push Vcr

To me he may be just one more reason to wonder how JB looks at players, Such as Sbisa, Clendening, SAUTNER, STEWART and Sadly Corrado. His image of players seems to be different. McNally seemed to be the offensive type D the team was purportedly looking for and yet when puch come to shove they back off ? I have to think McNally's agent has some thing better up his sleeve and won't push Vcr

When has either of those happened?

it would be a giant disappointment if he were not signed.

Agreed. It's one thing to pass on someone like Liberati, but another to pass on McNally and his high end offensive skill.

Benning says he'll be talking to McNally's agent next week, so we'll see from there. They have until Aug 15 so it's not a massive rush and the Subban situation should (I repeat, should) calm people down about the Canucks taking their time and getting close to the wire.

Can't sign guys like Sautner and Stewart and pass on guys like McNally.

McNally respresents something alot harder to find than those other two.

+1. If they believe he is committed to a career in hockey, then they have to sign him. Tough to find wheels like his; not to mention his ability to drive offence.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived