The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess our need for a PMD is kind of filled now. Hutton, Subban, McNally

"Turn pro" doesn't mean that he signs with us 100% though. Look at Justin Schultz when he bolted from Anaheim, Kevin Hayes from Chicago to the Rangers, Mike Reilly now... I'm hoping he doesn't go down the same route.

"Turn pro" doesn't mean that he signs with us 100% though. Look at Justin Schultz when he bolted from Anaheim, Kevin Hayes from Chicago to the Rangers, Mike Reilly now... I'm hoping he doesn't go down the same route.

He doesn't have enough hype to.

I think he'll be signed. Can't have too much defensive depth, really. And at 23 years old, he could make a push to be one of the first call-ups late into this coming season if he plays well. It seems like it would be silly to give up on him after what he's accomplished at Harvard (aside from being a part of that cheating scandal). His arrival in Utica likely means that one of Ashton Sautner, Evan McEneny, and Jermaine Blain will start in Kalamazoo next year instead of in Utica.

Utica next season:

Pedan

Hutton

McNally

Subban

Sautner

Cederholm

McEneny

Nice mix of puck movers and stay at home guys. Still need an elite D-man, but hopefully at least one emerges as a legit NHLer.

Is it scary that Andrey Pedan is the most grey-bearded out of those?

Is it scary that Andrey Pedan is the most grey-bearded out of those?

They'll obviously sign at least a couple vets, those are just our guys.

And as far as being green, McNally and Hutton are both older than Pedan and are coming from college leagues, so the transition shouldn't be as tough as it is for the junior guys.

On a side note, Cameron Gaunce will be a free agent this summer. I'd like to see us sign him to add experience. He brings Calder cup experience with him and is familiar with Willie's system.

Have I missed some thing. I thought McNally was awaiting the NCAA decission if he's elgible to play at Harvard next season ???

He was denied, he'll turn pro now.

Whether we sign him or not remains to be seen. But I would imagine Benning will try to sign him.

Utica next season:

Pedan

Hutton

McNally

Subban

Sautner

Cederholm

McEneny

Nice mix of puck movers and stay at home guys. Still need an elite D-man, but hopefully at least one emerges as a legit NHLer.

I would expect at least two veterans to be signed to work with this group of young dmen. Biega and Huskins all year was given the assignment of being paired with a young guy to help mentor them. I see Biega being resigned and either Huskins brought back or another veteran to replace him. I don't see the Comets going with six young defensemen. Some of these kids will start out in the ECHL.

They'll obviously sign at least a couple vets, those are just our guys.

And as far as being green, McNally and Hutton are both older than Pedan and are coming from college leagues, so the transition shouldn't be as tough as it is for the junior guys.

On a side note, Cameron Gaunce will be a free agent this summer. I'd like to see us sign him to add experience. He brings Calder cup experience with him and is familiar with Willie's system.

And a family connection.

Archived