Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Patrick McNally Talk

• Please log in to reply
786 replies to this topic

Poll: Patrick McNally Talk (182 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you happy we drafted Patrick?

1. Yes (157 votes [86.26%])

Percentage of vote: 86.26%

2. No (25 votes [13.74%])

Percentage of vote: 13.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#481 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Jeff Angus@anguscertified

Interesting situation out of Harvard - #canucks prospect Patrick McNally has been removed from the roster due to an unknown violation.

Joe Meloni@CHNJoeMeloni

Four Players Removed From Harvard's Roster - http://www.collegeho...om.php …

RT @smclaughlin9: In today's Harvard Crimson, Raphael Girard hints that some of the team's recent departures are due to the cheating scandal

Max Everson, Patrick McNally and Mark Luzar have all been removed from the Harvard roster.

Edited by RunningWild, 10 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#482 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

https://twitter.com/...271240920260608

Looks like he's been removed from the roster entirely. Meloni is saying it could be related to academic dishonesty and he's not the only one. Pretty curious case and where does that lead them for the rest of the season? I'm sure you can't transfer to another university without being redshirted for at least the rest of the season. Juniors, maybe?

Whoa, that's pretty serious then. Looks like he's done at harvard.

So he just turned 21, I don't think he can play in the CHL can he? That would be sweet to get him on the Giants or the Rockets though.

If not he has to either find another college that will take him, or come play for the wolves.

Edited by DeNiro, 10 December 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#483 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Wowsa, if it is some sort of cheating situation - he can kiss his academic career goodbye. No Uni will touch him. Would be go back to Jrs or is he AHL eligible?

#484 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Wowsa, if it is some sort of cheating situation - he can kiss his academic career goodbye. No Uni will touch him. Would be go back to Jrs or is he AHL eligible?

He's 21 so he's definitely AHL eligible.

But I'm not sure if he's ready for the AHL. If not, I don't know how the overager rule works in the CHL in terms of when a player turns 21. That would be awesome to get him playing in the WHL though.

Posted Image

#485 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,143 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Whoa, that's pretty serious then. Looks like he's done at harvard.

So he just turned 21, I don't think he can play in the CHL can he? That would be sweet to get him on the Giants or the Rockets though.

If not he has to either find another college that will take him, or come play for the wolves.

The Canucks cannot sign him right now due to the lockout - so he would need to sign a AHL contract.

He could sign with any team he wanted right now - But I assume the Canucks will expect and talk him into another school or AHL contract with the Wolves.

Edited by Squeak, 10 December 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image

#486 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,143 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

He's 21 so he's definitely AHL eligible.

But I'm not sure if he's ready for the AHL. If not, I don't know how the overager rule works in the CHL in terms of when a player turns 21. That would be awesome to get him playing in the WHL though.

From what I have found - no CHL team has his rights.
Posted Image

#487 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

From what I have found - no CHL team has his rights.

So that means he could choose any CHL team he wants. The only question is whether or not he is eligible to play in the CHL.

He can always sign a PTO with the Wolves if he wants to play in the AHL. If he plans on signing with the Canucks, it would make sense for him to play on their farm team. We all know they could use the help on D.

Posted Image

#488 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,143 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

So that means he could choose any CHL team he wants. The only question is whether or not he is eligible to play in the CHL.

He can always sign a PTO with the Wolves if he wants to play in the AHL. If he plans on signing with the Canucks, it would make sense for him to play on their farm team. We all know they could use the help on D.

I am not very well versed in the CHL rules, rights.... etc.

My gut tells me - that he *could* sign with any CHL team, but I don't think he will, nor will any team want to bring an overager who has only played 7 games.

Also I have no idea about NCAA rights - but I assume he couldn't be able to sign a PTO with the Wolves (or the CHL for that matter), if he intends on returning to school next year (which is hinted as a possibility in the article)

Either he is going to go play somewhere for 'free' and go back to Harvard... or he is turning Pro.

Edited by Squeak, 10 December 2012 - 04:41 PM.

Posted Image

#489 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Either he is going to go play somewhere for 'free' and go back to Harvard... or he is turning Pro.

I doubt that Harvard would even take him back if he was caught for cheating. Something tells me that they have a 1 strike policy with stuff like that. And I would imagine this is on his permanent school record now. So it would be unlikely any other Ivy League school would take him.

His best bet might be to turn pro now.

Posted Image

#490 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,143 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

I doubt that Harvard would even take him back if he was caught for cheating. Something tells me that they have a 1 strike policy with stuff like that. And I would imagine this is on his permanent school record now. So it would be unlikely any other Ivy League school would take him.

His best bet might be to turn pro now.

The article posted above - says that they can 'take the year off' and then return next year.

I do agree - turning pro may be best at this point.
Posted Image

#491 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Wow, this might just mess up his development, I think it would have been best for him to spend at least three years in Harvard's system, but now he'll have to go pro if he's kicked out of school. He is excellent offensively so he might just be able to take a spot on the Wolve's blueline to quarterback the PP.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#492 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

The article posted above - says that they can 'take the year off' and then return next year.

I do agree - turning pro may be best at this point.

Taking a year off now might be career suicide for him. This is one of his most crucial years of development.

And would he really want to go back to that school after being labelled a cheater?

Posted Image

#493 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

In before he signs with EC Redbull Salzburg

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#494 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,143 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Taking a year off now might be career suicide for him. This is one of his most crucial years of development.

And would he really want to go back to that school after being labelled a cheater?

I agree.

Edited by Squeak, 10 December 2012 - 05:03 PM.

Posted Image

#495 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,143 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Mcnally is ineligible for the CHL as he turned 21 last week
Posted Image

#496 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Joe Meloni ‏@CHNJoeMeloni

McNally has the option to turn pro, but his defensive game isn't exactly ready for the leap yet, in my opinion.

Edited by RunningWild, 10 December 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#497 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Doubt he's good enough for the Wolves. His cheating will have him in Kalamazoo in not time. What a fool.

#498 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Damn, I didn't think he could. That's too bad, because if he could play a year in the CHL, and then a year in the AHL, that would be a good career route IMO.

It will be interesting to see what course he takes.

I feel bad for him. I mean cheating is obviously wrong, but I can't imagine the pressure on these young guys. Imagine trying to balance a hockey career, while trying to take a full course load at Harvard? It's hard enough for people there without playing hockey. At least he's got a good shot at a hockey career.

Connauton's defensive game was very raw when he came into the AHL. It shouldn't hold McNally back. That's what the AHL is for. He can learn to round out his game there.

Edited by DeNiro, 10 December 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image

#499 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Haha, what a moron.

#500 RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

He cant be any worse than Joslin could he? I say throw him to the wolves and see how it plays out. besides we could use help on the D and does he really have any other choices to where he can play this year. I dont think he does

#501 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Disappointing for sure. I feel bad for the kid more than anything, if it's a plagiarism thing for not citing sources then I'm fully in his corner. If he stole the answer sheet to an MC exam then that's a different story. Regardless, I hope he can rebound from this and get a pro deal somewhere. Beyond the Canucks' affiliates I find it hard to believe any European league would know about him. Even if it's just the K-wings, at least he's playing. Something tells me the prep school background might make him more inclined to take the Harvard suspension and come back next year.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#502 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Well sounds like he might have blew it.
Pretty stupid if he did cheat. If he couldn't handle Harvard, he shouldn't have gone to Harvard. He had a lot riding on being there.

Edited by Jägermeister, 10 December 2012 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image

#503 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,362 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

POPULAR

Haha, what a moron.

You don't even have the full story and you're willing to call him a moron? You've got to be one of the more ignorant posters on CDC.

Posted Image

#504 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Wow!Gonna be interesting to see how this pans out.
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#505 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

https://twitter.com/CHNJoeMeloni/status/278271240920260608

Looks like he's been removed from the roster entirely. Meloni is saying it could be related to academic dishonesty and he's not the only one. Pretty curious case and where does that lead them for the rest of the season? I'm sure you can't transfer to another university without being redshirted for at least the rest of the season. Juniors, maybe?

Yeah I would agree with juniors if he feels his hockey career is more important than education. I'd imagine he'd play in the USHL however as opposed to the CHL. I know the USHL has some amazing developmental programs, particularly Dubuqe. Just speculation.

Posted Image

#506 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Well sounds like he blew it.
Pretty stupid if he did cheat. If he couldn't handle Harvard, he shouldn't have gone to Harvard.

Yea cause he should have turned down a scholarship to Harvard. What a dummy that he accepted it.

Posted Image

#507 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Yea cause he should have turned down a scholarship to Harvard. What a dummy that he accepted it.

Well I'm not going to pretend like I know exactly what happened, but if he did have to resort to cheating, then he might have bit off a bit more then he could chew by deciding to go there.
Its one of the worlds most prestigious schools, if you're going there then you know what you're getting in to.

Edited by Jägermeister, 10 December 2012 - 06:12 PM.

Posted Image

#508 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

F???

Well lets get him an AHL contract (2-way with the Wings) and he can get a chance to see what he has got in the AHL then send him down to the K-Wings for futher development.

zackass.png

#509 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Disappointing for sure. I feel bad for the kid more than anything, if it's a plagiarism thing for not citing sources then I'm fully in his corner. If he stole the answer sheet to an MC exam then that's a different story. Regardless, I hope he can rebound from this and get a pro deal somewhere. Beyond the Canucks' affiliates I find it hard to believe any European league would know about him. Even if it's just the K-wings, at least he's playing. Something tells me the prep school background might make him more inclined to take the Harvard suspension and come back next year.

Huh?

You have very few responsibilities as a student, even less as a student/athlete. Plagiarism is pretty cut and dry. They would not be kicking him and 3 others off of the hockey team without a pretty egregious and blatant ploy on their part. Get serious.

#510 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

You don't even have the full story and you're willing to call him a moron? You've got to be one of the more ignorant posters on CDC.

The only story that you need to acknowledge is the fact that he and 3 other cheaters on the hockey team were kicked off the hockey team for cheating.

Harvard University would not do something like this unless it was very, very clear about what took place. Remove Canuck blinders and step into reality for a minute. Patrick McNally royally screwed up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.