Sign in to follow this  
b3.

Adam Polasek | D

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And weren't there something about the Czech WJC team not picking players from the CHL because of hockey politics or something?

That was the Swedish Federation and they have already given up on that idea.

Polášek has been banned from playing in the World Junior Championships, his mother club has refused the right for him to play and has been replaced on the camp roster.

WOW, dick move by his parent club. wasn't there something about legal battles going on with them?

WOW, dick move by his parent club. wasn't there something about legal battles going on with them?

Yeah and I dont know the whole mess with this situation, but HC Vítkovice is upset over the fact they have a standing contract and wants their money for training Polášek. There is more to it then just contract and money but these things I dont know or been released.

Well that just sucks for Adam, would he be able to come over to NA next season (that's if he wishes to)?

Well that just sucks for Adam, would he be able to come over to NA next season (that's if he wishes to)?

He currently plays for the PEI Rocket. I suppose that is the root of the issue.

He currently plays for the PEI Rocket. I suppose that is the root of the issue.

crap, I forgot all about that. duh, i shoulda known that, as I do the prospects stats update every wednesday.

Don't mind me guys.

2 assists for Polasek in a 3-1 Rockets win last night.

He now has 14 points in 26 games.

Polasek had a goal, 3 hits (game high) and was +2 tonight in a 5-6 loss against Lewiston.

He reminds me Edler and Salo as big two way defenders. More so Edler because of his hitting ability and heavy shot plus good defense. I was thrilled with this pick at the draft ad well and I am optimistic.

Just signed an amateur tryout with the Moose acorrding to Twitter

RT @WiebeSunSports: Moose just sent out a release saying that the AHL team has signed D-man Adam Polasek to an amateur tryout offer

Born July 12, 1991 so turning 20 this July.

Drafted by Canucks in 2010.

Link to Hockeys Future page

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11139/2009_prospects_adam_polasek/

Anyone want to add how his season went this year?

Edited by RogersArena

Just signed an amateur tryout with the Moose acorrding to Twitter

RT @WiebeSunSports: Moose just sent out a release saying that the AHL team has signed D-man Adam Polasek to an amateur tryout offer

Born July 12, 1991 so turning 20 this July.

Drafted by Canucks in 2010.

Link to Hockeys Future page

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11139/2009_prospects_adam_polasek/

Anyone want to add how his season went this year?

We're discussing it in the moose thread here:

basically he had a decent season on a less than stellar team that really shouldn't have made the playoffs if the QMJHL didn't take 16 of 18 teams into the playoffs for some idiotic reason.

Polasek, 19, just completed his second season of junior hockey with the P.E.I. Rocket where he finished second amongst defencemen on the team in scoring with 39 points (7g, 32a) in 61 games. In two seasons with the Rocket, Polasek scored 80 points (20g, 60a) and recorded 150 penalty minutes in 127 games.

He had a good regular season with the Rocket, started off a little slow but turned on the jets after that. He didn't have a very good playoff series, he was shutout in five games against the Lewiston MAINEiacs. So this could end up being a chance to end things this year a little better, than a 4:1 series loss in the first round.

Canucks have signed him to a three year entry level deal.

http://m.capgeek.com/player.php?id=1968

Well deserved. I hope he makes it into the winnipeg d-corps this weekend. he should have enough practices with the team under his belt by then, but Sauve should be back as well (Edler plays tomorrow, no?).

The Moose D corps (right now) sits at:

Ramsey-Baumgartner

Connauton-Flood

McGinnis-Polasek

Parent is injured and Seabrook is not on the clear day list and can only play if the team doesn't have enough healthy d-men available to ice 3 full pairings (he's on the reserve, just like Rypien).

Does Sauve being back mean that McGinnis or Polasek drop off? Connauton-Flood have been one of the most productive d-pairings as of late and I doubt Noel would want to split them up right now, and Ramsey or Baumer are pretty much guaranteed spots.

I'd wager McGinnis drops off, but you never know. I'd think Polasek gets at least these last 2 games to prove himself. Noel needs to know what he has before entering the playoffs.

Edited by avelanch

Or he could just hang around the team to experience the pro game, the atmosphere, etc... much like Sauve did last year.

Or he could just hang around the team to experience the pro game, the atmosphere, etc... much like Sauve did last year.

different situation. Polasek is coing in before the playoffs start, Sauve came in during the playoffs.

Plus the moose dropped a PTO they signed to add Polasek to an ATO. clearly they have the intention of playing him.

Edited by avelanch

Well deserved. I hope he makes it into the winnipeg d-corps this weekend. he should have enough practices with the team under his belt by then, but Sauve should be back as well (Edler plays tomorrow, no?).

The Moose D corps (right now) sits at:

Ramsey-Baumgartner

Connauton-Flood

McGinnis-Polasek

Parent is injured and Seabrook is not on the clear day list and can only play if the team doesn't have enough healthy d-men available to ice 3 full pairings (he's on the reserve, just like Rypien).

Does Sauve being back mean that McGinnis or Polasek drop off? Connauton-Flood have been one of the most productive d-pairings as of late and I doubt Noel would want to split them up right now, and Ramsey or Baumer are pretty much guaranteed spots.

I'd wager McGinnis drops off, but you never know. I'd think Polasek gets at least these last 2 games to prove himself. Noel needs to know what he has before entering the playoffs.

Tanev is on his way down.

I would expect Sauve to follow shortly.