The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Friesen | C

b3.

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 months later...

After struggling to find his game at the AHL level, Friesen has really started to pick things up.

He has put up 9 points in his last 12 games (3G, 6A).

If he can continue to play like this next season, we may see this guy get some call ups in a couple years.

Thanks for the update and bump, DeNiro. Kinda forgot about Friesen and its good to hear he appears to be getting his pro game on track.

I always liked his attitude and compete level. Needs that edge to makeup for his size.

I still love that he was cheeky enough to wear #99 during his ECHL stint with the K-Wings (he's back to wearing #8 with the Comets, IIRC).

He has really picked up his play as of late and is now +3 on the season. Did he move up a line?

He is already 23 in his second pro season, chances of making the NHL are nil to slim but he could become a good minor league player/call-up next season if he keeps his game at this level.

Interesting comment about Andrew Shaw, never knew that. As 18 year olds Shaw only scored 11 to Freisen's 23 on the same team, only 6 months apart. Funny how Shaw has maintained very similar numbers in the OHL to AHL and then to the NHL. Tom Sestito score 42 goals in 60 games his last season in the OHL lol.

• 2 weeks later...

there has been so little to be excited about when it comes to young players and the canucks - lets just hope something works out.

I have seen so few young players come in and make an impact within their first few years, that it just feels like it will never happen for us.

Naslund, Bertuzzi, the sedins, keeler, burrows - it felt like an ice age had gone by before they became impact players

even chicago has guys that are not even drafted that high come in and make an impact - shaw, saad

for the love of God would it be the worst thing if the canucks won the cup? please!!!!

there has been so little to be excited about when it comes to young players and the canucks - lets just hope something works out.

I have seen so few young players come in and make an impact within their first few years, that it just feels like it will never happen for us.

Naslund, Bertuzzi, the sedins, keeler, burrows - it felt like an ice age had gone by before they became impact players

even chicago has guys that are not even drafted that high come in and make an impact - shaw, saad

for the love of God would it be the worst thing if the canucks won the cup? please!!!!

Dude, what?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can we show some love for the forgotten one?

I thought Friesen played really well yesterday. Great on the forecheck and very physical for his size.

I think he had a tough time last year adjusting to the pros as a little guy but got better in the latter half - maybe something clicked for him and he figured it out. I'm hoping to see him play well in Utica. A long shot because of his size, but liking his compete a lot.

Archived