The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Friesen | C

b3.

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is the kind of thing I like to see. Finding late round gems with some future potential. It may not happen often, but good teams find guys like that. I wonder if next season Chicago will have more Canuck prospects than free agents signed by the club?

They're already there. Jensen, Matson, Corrado are all playing. Parent is back playing.

In fact last game 12/19 of the dressed players (not including the backup) were of Canucks property.

Thanks for the updates, Hansen 36. I imagine that Friesen will start cooling off offensively. He had a great series against Brampton but even junior he's a defensive player. As long as he's playing a key defensive role for the IceDogs and putting up decent points, I'm happy.

Like I said before, I think we can expect Friesen to play for the Wolves next year. The Canucks don't have many strong centre prospects so unless the Canucks or Wolves sign other centres next year, I think Friesen has a good chance of making the roster full time.

Thanks for the updates, Hansen 36. I imagine that Friesen will start cooling off offensively. He had a great series against Brampton but even junior he's a defensive player. As long as he's playing a key defensive role for the IceDogs and putting up decent points, I'm happy.

Like I said before, I think we can expect Friesen to play for the Wolves next year. The Canucks don't have many strong centre prospects so unless the Canucks or Wolves sign other centres next year, I think Friesen has a good chance of making the roster full time.

At Freezer's age he has to be putting up a pretty good point clip. He is definitely putting up a few more points than expected though, which is great.

Another cool thing to note is that he only has 8 PIMs, whereas in the season he had 106 in 62 games. Looks like he understands when to play disciplined.

Only seems natural that he & Archie will play together next year.

Friesen scored the eventual series clinching goal on a deflection vs Ottawa tonight.

http://www.ontarioho...b456f954b0e4376

After that game, Friesen is 4th in OHL playoff scoring with 8 goals, 13 assists, 21 points in 15 games and is in a 3 way tie for the team scoring lead with Ryan Strome and Freddie Hamilton. Pretty impressive considering the vast amount of talent on that IceDogs squad.

Friesen and the IceDogs will now play the London Knights for the OHL championship and a trip to the Memorial Cup playoffs.

Guest Dasein

From the way he's playing, we will make room to sign him a contract.

Friesen is the only player in the franchise that is having any playoff success this season, and he's having a major role and impact for his team. If they go on to win the OHL championship and possibly the Memorial Cup, and Friesen is doing major work as the shutdown guy, then we need to give him a long look.

This guy is could be our 3rd line center in Chicago next season doing major shutdown work.

From the way he's playing, we will make room to sign him a contract.

Friesen is the only player in the franchise that is having any playoff success this season, and he's having a major role and impact for his team. If they go on to win the OHL championship and possibly the Memorial Cup, and Friesen is doing major work as the shutdown guy, then we need to give him a long look.

This guy is could be our 3rd line center in Chicago next season doing major shutdown work.

This kid's hockey IQ is through the roof. He has a serious grasp of where other skater's momentum is taking them and where best to move the puck. He is really reminding me of Dave Bolland during this run.

Archived