The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Friesen | C

b3.

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

^^ Sweet. It is nice to see him maintain his better than a point a game pace this season.

The things I really like about Friesen's stats the past 2 years is that they get better in the playoffs and have increased over time. His ppg in 08/09 increased from 0.52 in the regular season to 0.83 in the playoffs. In 09-10, his ppg increased from 1 in the regular season to 1.4 in the playoffs. As you can see, he has also bettered his ppg over the past 2 seasons both in the regular season and playoffs. It looks like he will improve on those stats again.

Is there a possibility that he could make team Canada for juniors, its most likely not going to happen but with the way he is playing he looks like he could sure add some much needed grit, speed and skill, something lots of players lack.

It would be quite an accomplishment. Like it or not (I do not), the WJCs tend to select based on pedigree and often draft position. It would be against the odds for a 6th round pick to make it, but not impossible. Jamie Benn made it as a 5th round pick, Della Rovere as a 7th. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be a tad out of the ordinary.

That said, I agree with what you're saying and would love to see him there.

• 3 weeks later...

2 goals for Friesen and a Goal and an Assist for Archibald in a 10-0 thumping by the Ice Dogs on Darren's old team the Colts.

and now we know why Darren was a -8 with his old team, despite him more than a PPG pace :P The colts are dead last in the OHL and only have 11 points, or some ungodly amount.

Archived