The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

tried the search feature in this thread but didn't seem to find anything so I'm sorry if it's already been answered.

But anyone experience delays when sending messages on bbm? Sometimes it'll get delayed by 15-60 minutes before it actually shows the D next to the check mark. This happens to me maybe once or twice every 30-40 messages I send. On extremely rare circumstances the message won't ever get sent.

Bold 9700 btw and using software version 6.0

The PlayBook is awesome! I got one last month from the US because the Staples had a $100 off coupon for any in-store tablet. It cost me $412 CDN, taxes included (and exchange taken into account).

Yeah I played with it in the store and I really liked it. Looking forward to it as soon as I can justify it :)

Love my bold.

I'm so happy I got it instead of the Iphone. I just love the keyboard :)

which bold did you get?

I need a new blackberry, my keyboard is so broken and since there's some physical damage to my phone rogers won't give me another one so looks like I need to buy a new one. May just look on craigslist, don't wanna spend too much on it.

which bold did you get?

I need a new blackberry, my keyboard is so broken and since there's some physical damage to my phone rogers won't give me another one so looks like I need to buy a new one. May just look on craigslist, don't wanna spend too much on it.

Rogers told me the same thing, I asked them how much to buy out my contract, and just complained about how much my bills were. They gave 2x $50 gift cards to put against a new bold 9900 and $25 a month cheaper plan. Phones cost me $150, complaints it does everything really good.

how much you get it for? i see its like 170$ in stores with the plan or whatever

and it is pretty sick

I paid $249.99 with a $50 mail-in rebate, so $199.99. Anything lower is on a new activation since that's the only way they can control the price; Rogers bills the customer directly. Dealers can lower the price on new activations because they use the money generated by commission to lower it, thus attracting more customers.

how much you get it for? i see its like 170$ in stores with the plan or whatever

and it is pretty sick

I paid $249.99 with a $50 mail-in rebate, so $199.99. Anything lower is on a new activation since that's the only way they can control the price; Rogers bills the customer directly. Dealers can lower the price on new activations because they use the money generated by commission to lower it, thus attracting more customers.

which bold did you get?

I got the 9780. I could have waited but I didn't want too. :lol:

Can you get the canucks app yet for the new bold 9900? I can't seem to get it yet, anyone know when it will?

A lot of apps aren't OS7 supported yet. I lost about 12 apps when I upgraded from the Bold 9000 to Torch 9810. =(

The one I'm most bummed out about is the Canucks app. I hope it'll be available soon.

Im going to be buying the Torch 9810. Any thoughts on it? Do you guys like it. Im switching from my outdated iphone which is horrible!

I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. Only thing I don't like is the lack of apps for OS7 (I miss my Canucks and Tumblr apps).

So i purchased the Torch 9810. WOW! You guys are right, I have never loved a phone as much as I do this one.

I've had all of the iphones, couple high end androids, but this blackberry is perfect for those who want a RESPONSIVE, FLAWLESS, touchscreen with great controls, along with a simple, elegant OS.

Also, the web browser works wonders! I really recommend to anyone!

I got one on Saturday. I love it.

The only things I caution: app selection, case selection and lack of themes currently available.

That changes within a few weeks of each new phone coming out, more themes are slowly developed.

Anyways, my "6 month period" with Telus is in play now, can't decide if I want to stay with BB and go with the Torch/Bold or wait till QNX software comes out in Q1 next year, go with Android and get the SGS2 when it comes out in October (that phones an absolute beast) or see what the new Iphone is only because my clock radio and such are all ipod adaptors so it would be convenient to charge always.

I have a question here

So i have a Bold 9000 for a year now September 17th this year will be a year, and I was wondering if Rogers would allow me to switch my BOLD 9000 for a BOLD 9900 ? I have 2 years left on my plan and I was wondering if they would allow me to do it ?

My bold has some physical damages, Deep scratches on my screen, and some scratches around the phone.

Will they allow me to switch ?

Archived