The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

Crappy DriveSafe.ly Pro $19.99 value offered as a free gift. Doesn't do BBM. Runs in the background even when I exit the program. Thus drains the battery. I unistalled it.

Come on RIM...do better than that.

Ahh, I was going to get that, but now it doesn't seem worth it. Thanks for the heads up.

Is there a complete list of the free apps?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else's Facebook app not give up on a notifying icon on the homescreen.

There is nothing new, why is this icon not going away :frantic:

I have clicked everything, notifications, friend requests, groups, etc... and the icon won't disappear.

Does anyone else's Facebook app not give up on a notifying icon on the homescreen.

I have clicked everything, notifications, friend requests, groups, etc... and the icon won't disappear.

So you'll get a FB notification and it will show the 'new notification' icon on the home screen?

Then you'll read the meassage or what have you and then it shows the FB 'notification' (not new) icon on the home screen after that, and that doesn't go away. Right?

So you'll get a FB notification and it will show the 'new notification' icon on the home screen?

Then you'll read the meassage or what have you and then it shows the FB 'notification' (not new) icon on the home screen after that, and that doesn't go away. Right?

Correct, I've scoured my mobile facebook and nothing is getting rid of it.

Correct, I've scoured my mobile facebook and nothing is getting rid of it.

I had the same problem and hated it.

What you have to do when you open a message is let it load 100%. If you don't open it all the way, it's like the app thinks it hasn't been opened.

You will need to go back a ways and open a few because you probably don't know which messages are 'not yet opened'.

Obviously to prevent this in the future, let all messages load all the way before exting..

Make sense?

I had the same problem and hated it.

What you have to do when you open a message is let it load 100%. If you don't open it all the way, it's like the app thinks it hasn't been opened.

You will need to go back a ways and open a few because you probably don't know which messages are 'not yet opened'.

Obviously to prevent this in the future, let all messages load all the way before exting..

Make sense?

Yeah, it does the same thing with emails sometimes.

Things like one-word replies, I see and then close right away... that's what did me in.

No you don't need to go all the way back and re-open all your messages. If the notification is still there after you opened the message just restart your phone by taking out the battery and it will disappear

Try this tip out. Worked for me - so glad I finally got rid of the FB notifications: Crackberry

So all of a sudden your BlackBerry is being bombarded with Facebook notifications like "so and so has posted a link" or "so and so updated their status". You login and make sure all your notifications are turned off yet they still keep coming! I pulled my 9930 off the charger at 6:30 am and by noon, my battery was down to 32% all in thanks to my Facebook app going off every two or three minutes with these silly notifications. After wracking my brain trying to figure out why I was still receiving them when all the settings were set to off, I do what we all should do when faced with a BlackBerry problem...I logged on to CrackBerry and went straight to the forums. The amount of knowledge all of us can gain from each other is astounding. Within two minutes, I had searched, found my answer & solved the problem all thanks to this forum.

Here's how to solve the issue:

Login to Facebook (on your pc)

Find and select your "Close Friends" group on the left hand side

In the top right hand corner, select notifications, then off or on

Ta-da! Problem solved. Thanks again to all of you in the forum who helped those of us who just couldn't figure it out.

Quick question.

I don't have a data plan, but I have wi-fi at my house. So can I check my hotmail, and send e-mails from my wi-fi for free? Or am I gonna get charged for that? :huh: I know you can get e-mails sent to your phone, but I don't have that so that's why I'm asking. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

If you are surfing to hotmail through the browser then yes, it's free. If you wanted mail to come through the Messaging application on the phone, you'll need at least a BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) plan.

Archived