The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

What I think is going to be awesome is that Blackberry is considered secure enough it looks like you will be able to use it as a visa card. Rather than pulling your card out of your wallet and tapping it will have a way to accept payments by tapping your phone.

I recomend everyone go out and buy one!

Pre-order! Heck, get one of each kind that way you can experience them both!

What I think is going to be awesome is that Blackberry is considered secure enough it looks like you will be able to use it as a visa card. Rather than pulling your card out of your wallet and tapping it will have a way to accept payments by tapping your phone.

I recomend everyone go out and buy one!

Spoken like a true RIM shareholder

Spoken like a true RIM shareholder

With the gains today I am really in black now. Never been so excited for a product launch in my life!

BTW, when I mentioned the payment system I actually do think it's awesome. Making a smartphone that has a chance of replacing my wallet would be the first thing I ever heard that would motivate me to buy one.

Load up the credit cards!

Just maxed out my credit card putting tuition on it! I'm getting the n-series for free regardless, I've been with telus for 12 years (took over my dad's contract when he got a work phone) and have gotten stellar perks for being with them for so long!

Damn...I almost bought when the shares dipped to $6. Had been watching them for months. But chickened out.

Have been kicking myself ever since.

I know! Was watching them since about July. I was going to as well, but as I stated earlier I had no idea how to get into the whole stock business. I really wish I did some research now.

Damn...I almost bought when the shares dipped to $6. Had been watching them for months. But chickened out.

Have been kicking myself ever since.

They may still be a good buy because they are still way below what their high was. and it looks like the new phone is good and people are excited about it, they could go up and up...

They may still be a good buy because they are still way below what their high was. and it looks like the new phone is good and people are excited about it, they could go up and up...

Yup.

I could sell for profit right now but if I do am I simply being fearful of loosing the gains I have (after suffering a year of being in the red!) by selling or am I being greedy for trying to hope for massive gains by holding on?

I personally think I am being logical since the reason I bought it in the first place is I know technophiles are fickle and it doesn't take much to make everyone suddenly decide that the latest gadget is the next great thing. Especially if it can do something really cool like act as a secure payment system.

Just maxed out my credit card putting tuition on it! I'm getting the n-series for free regardless, I've been with telus for 12 years (took over my dad's contract when he got a work phone) and have gotten stellar perks for being with them for so long!

I've been with Telus for 12 years and I've seen no such perks :(

I've been with Telus for 12 years and I've seen no such perks :(

Talked to the loyalty services lately? I have a My5 with 500mbs data (costs 50 a month) with all the normal things. I still pay that, but now I get 500LD, unlimited local anytime, caller ID, Voicemail 10, voicemail to text, unlimited text, etc. I'm not talking they'll just give me the phone, and because I'll renew my 3 year again, they'll let me off without the offcharge of the phone (I'm assuming itll be at approx 200 on the 3 year) as I'll be at 2yrs and 10 or 11 months so I'll already have good offers as well.

I could sell my shares now and profit around $1500, but I never bought it as a short term investment, so I guess I'll just sit her, look pretty, and watch the price rise. :emot-parrot::towel::ph34r:

I am in the money at 13 bucks but have had it at a loss for a long time.

I have already put in an order that if it hits 20 bucks a share to sell a third of my portfolio.

Right now plan is to sell next third at 30 and next at 40 if we ever get there.

Mind you if it turns out it's a flop than I will revise those down.

And if it turns out to be the next great thing and the price skyrockets I might just consider being a bit greedier.

Archived