The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

Haven't been able to put my Z10 down.

Also, coming from a 9900, I expected to have trouble typing for a while, but between the predictions, auto correct, and my own insanely talented thumbs, I haven't made a mistake yet, and were coming up on 24 hours of me having had it.

Been curious to talk to someone with one! A few questions.

1) Did they change the SMS and social media notifications to "pop up" like they do on the iPhone and Androids?

2) Can you watch HD videos on it? (if you put HD movies of your own onto the phone via laptop)

3) How is the mp3 player on it? Can it replace an iPod for someone who only listens to maybe 100 songs?

4) battery life?

Been curious to talk to someone with one! A few questions.

1) Did they change the SMS and social media notifications to "pop up" like they do on the iPhone and Androids?

2) Can you watch HD videos on it? (if you put HD movies of your own onto the phone via laptop)

3) How is the mp3 player on it? Can it replace an iPod for someone who only listens to maybe 100 songs?

4) battery life?

1) No, when you get a new message the sound and light go off, then you peek and flow into the hub.

2) It puts retina display to shame.

3) I think it can, but I've always preferred the MP3 players on BlackBerrys over iPods anyways, so I might be the wrong person to ask.

4) Still trying to figure it out. I've been using 4G and syncing stuff all day, and it lasted around 10 hours. I think for the average person it will be completely fine, but I bought a spare battery for like $30, as I didn't see how it can hurt.

Overall, I'm having a hard time putting it down, and it's impacting my school and work.

1) No, when you get a new message the sound and light go off, then you peek and flow into the hub.

2) It puts retina display to shame.

3) I think it can, but I've always preferred the MP3 players on BlackBerrys over iPods anyways, so I might be the wrong person to ask.

4) Still trying to figure it out. I've been using 4G and syncing stuff all day, and it lasted around 10 hours. I think for the average person it will be completely fine, but I bought a spare battery for like $30, as I didn't see how it can hurt.

Overall, I'm having a hard time putting it down, and it's impacting my school and work.

I got mine yesterday too. I am having a similar experience. I love this phone. I'll post some more info maybe tonight.

Just saw the review on Engaget and it looks nice. Not nice enough for me to hop off my 4s and pay an early upgrade fee but would be a phone I would consider if I was in the market for one right now. I like alot of the new features they have, too bad it took them forever to release this phone.

Nice to see they kept the removable battery in.

My contract is up in 4 months and I currently have the bold 9700. Can someone give me a heads up on what other phones will be coming out in the next few months?

BlackBerry Q10 in April B)

Got it today! Such a great phone. Not impressed that the TSN app isn't available on it, loved it on the 9900. Also MyFitnessPal isn't available on the z10. Nor is the TD bank app...hmmmmm...not liking this...

30,000 more apps are expected by the end of Z month. Just going to have to wait until then.

Also, after some reading online, I take it that 10.1 will be able have the 4.1 Android run time, which as far as I know, means pretty much every Android app will work once it is converted (takes a couple of minutes, anyone can do it), now granted, it might not work as well as native apps, but I sideloaded Kindle on my phone, and it runs as well as any native app, so who knows.

30,000 more apps are expected by the end of Z month. Just going to have to wait until then.

Also, after some reading online, I take it that 10.1 will be able have the 4.1 Android run time, which as far as I know, means pretty much every Android app will work once it is converted (takes a couple of minutes, anyone can do it), now granted, it might not work as well as native apps, but I sideloaded Kindle on my phone, and it runs as well as any native app, so who knows.

Hope part of those 30k are the ones I mentioned. I rely on the TD app the most out of them, not sure why all the major bank apps weren't put in prior to launching, considering most businesses do use blackberries

Hope part of those 30k are the ones I mentioned. I rely on the TD app the most out of them, not sure why all the major bank apps weren't put in prior to launching, considering most businesses do use blackberries

Speaking of bank apps... Is it just me, or is the RBC BlackBerry app suddenly missing from App World?

I concur, I want my RBC app. But what I did in the mean time (maybe it will cut it for you as well), is I just went to the RBC online backing page, and I saved it to the home screen.

Archived