The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

Sigh, got off work at 2pm and saw that the new OS update for bb10 was available. Got super excited, waited 40 minutes for it to download and install and reboot, quickly jumped to app world hoping to see new, awesome apps such as instagram, temple run, draw something..etc. But nope, still the same ol' garbage

Oh yeah such necessary apps...are you a 19 year old Asian girl?

But if this was the big update that they were talking about back in January to prepare the z10 for the US launch, won't not having native or at least android ported apps hurt their sales in the US? Why would US customers who know the app selection is crap on the z10 even with the new update buy it when they have dozens of other smart phones to choose from?

This wasn't an app update. The apps get added to BB World when they are ready. They are coming.

The camera is improved in this update, and battery life is now extremely good apparently. I'm on Bell so I can't get my update for another 3 days.

Most of the popular Android apps could be loaded on the z10, so I don't see any issues. Should be a good bandaid until those apps are programed for BB10.

It takes a while to get used to but so far my z10 is pretty good. Got all my 8-bit ringtones loaded (Bubble Bobble for ringer and FF Prelude for alarm) and am now just waiting for better camera apps.

One issue is that there aren't too many places that sell cases for the phone. I'm not really keen on heading down to those large electronics stores and paying like 30-50 bucks for a screen protector and case. Anyone know of anywhere that has cheap cases?

Most of the popular Android apps could be loaded on the z10, so I don't see any issues. Should be a good bandaid until those apps are programed for BB10.

It takes a while to get used to but so far my z10 is pretty good. Got all my 8-bit ringtones loaded (Bubble Bobble for ringer and FF Prelude for alarm) and am now just waiting for better camera apps.

One issue is that there aren't too many places that sell cases for the phone. I'm not really keen on heading down to those large electronics stores and paying like 30-50 bucks for a screen protector and case. Anyone know of anywhere that has cheap cases?

Try amazon? Crackberry?

I got a set of 3 screen protector films for $10 off amazon. I don't use a case.

A lot of the ports that are available out there to sideload to the z10 don't work on the z10. For example, apps like myfitnesspal, temple run 2, mobile banking apps (TD for myself), instagram and others can all be put on your phone, but when you actually try to use them they force close themselves.

A lot of the ports that are available out there to sideload to the z10 don't work on the z10. For example, apps like myfitnesspal, temple run 2, mobile banking apps (TD for myself), instagram and others can all be put on your phone, but when you actually try to use them they force close themselves.

If you wanted apps, you should've chose Android or iOS. This is the reason why I didn't get a blackberry, since I knew that the lack of apps would be its biggest weakness and it would still be its biggest weakness 2-3 years down the road. I own a playbook and there is still no apps for skype.

eBay is a good place to look. My brother got a case for $5 (including screen protector and shipping)

Still waiting on a release date for the Q10. I'm hoping its the first week of April.

And then, I can make the decision of leaving the physical keyboard or not (I'm thinking I won't but we'll see).

I tried typing on my old 9900 last night and my thumbs were sore after. Z10 keyboard is really good, having said that, for my next phone, I'm getting a physical keyboard...I guess Q11?

Still waiting on a release date for the Q10. I'm hoping its the first week of April.

And then, I can make the decision of leaving the physical keyboard or not (I'm thinking I won't but we'll see).

I WAS a big physical keyboard supporter until I played with my brother's Z10. Very accurate, and the autocorrect is great (I personally think it makes better guesses than iPhone's autocorrect).

Now I'm torn between Z10 for screen space, or Q10 for keyboard+bigger battery.

I WAS a big physical keyboard supporter until I played with my brother's Z10. Very accurate, and the autocorrect is great (I personally think it makes better guesses than iPhone's autocorrect).

Now I'm torn between Z10 for screen space, or Q10 for keyboard+bigger battery.

I've really wanted to try one, but I haven't made it into a TELUS or the sort to try it out, I've only held one of the fake models and I thought it was decent sized.

That was something else I was looking at as well, the Q10's battery. Just seems more appealing to me, but without the trackpad, I'm wondering how weird that's going to be (I have a 9700 and 9780) so I just don't know what I'll finally decide on.

How's everyone finding the battery life after the OS update? I charged mine at 12 yesterday and it lasted me until 1 today. I used it the same amount if not more then I normally would. It wasn't connected to WIFI, but that can't have been the reason it lasted so long.

Yeah right. Because everyone should have the exact same interest in apps such as you. :rolleyes:

Now we're talking :D

I'm pretty intrigued by the Q10...but at the same time I'm thinking, do I need it? I'm currently using [and loving] my 9900. How much of an upgrade could it really be? I'd need another 3 year contract to HUP (or shell out $500-600) and more data since apparently the BB10 phones won't compress data through BIS; I currently have a 50MB plan that I never go over and I pay a very good price for voice and data.

How's everyone finding the battery life after the OS update? I charged mine at 12 yesterday and it lasted me until 1 today. I used it the same amount if not more then I normally would. It wasn't connected to WIFI, but that can't have been the reason it lasted so long.

Usually I still have like 60%+ after 12 hours. Use it for browsing, checking messages, listening to music/radio for a little bit. It's constantly connected with data.

I think a lot depends on which provider you're using. The weaker the signal, more power is required to maintain the connection.

Archived