The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

3 hours ago, otherwise said:

It's really only partly BB but it's enough for me to make switching to android a happy experience.

on a slightly different note; has anyone seen those iphone ads talking about security-gives me a very mac vs. pc vibe of early 2000's... is that because of BB?

a thing I forgot to mention in my review is that normally on android when you install an app it lists the permissions the app wants access to. If you aren't okay with those permissions there isn't a way to disable overreaching requests like location or access to contacts, when it's not needed. With Keyone it will ask after the app has downloaded if you want to give permission for that app to use those type of things and you can deny access. Also with Dtek it will notify you if a certain app is accessing parts of your phone excessively. Which for me really interesting, handy and reassuring.

Mobile security (along with PC security) kind of reminds me of that Seinfeld skit where Jerry's apartment got broken into.  All the top security programs and features are only useful if the user actually utilizes it.  

The average person who has their systems compromised, etc.... probably never heard of stuff like VPN, rooting... or even passwords.  

Archived