The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

I have a question here

So i have a Bold 9000 for a year now September 17th this year will be a year, and I was wondering if Rogers would allow me to switch my BOLD 9000 for a BOLD 9900 ? I have 2 years left on my plan and I was wondering if they would allow me to do it ?

My bold has some physical damages, Deep scratches on my screen, and some scratches around the phone.

Will they allow me to switch ?

Probably not. As far as I know, they only allow hardware upgrades after 30 months.

But it wouldn't hurt to speak to a rep to see.

I have a question here

So i have a Bold 9000 for a year now September 17th this year will be a year, and I was wondering if Rogers would allow me to switch my BOLD 9000 for a BOLD 9900 ? I have 2 years left on my plan and I was wondering if they would allow me to do it ?

My bold has some physical damages, Deep scratches on my screen, and some scratches around the phone.

Will they allow me to switch ?

Go talk to your Rogers dealer of choice.

Speaking personally, I've been with Bell since 2008, and I was only half way through my contract (expired in early 2013), and the salesguy, after checking my file, said that I was eligible for an upgrade. So, I went from the 9700 to the 9810 for very little out of pocket.

Hmm might have to but i still have my 1 year warrenty , I dont know if that will help ....

I would go talk to them before the warranty runs out to see what they can do. I don't remember the details of what the warranty covers and what their policy is regarding replacing damaged phones. Sorry.

I imagine that Rogers is the same way as Telus. Physical damage is not their problem. Defective hardware is covered by a 1yr manufacturer warranty.

With both my BBs, I've gotten the premium care plan, in case anything happens to the phone, be it lost or stolen or what have you. The one thing it doesn't mention is upgrading to a new phone if your current one is inoperable.

Is anybody else having problems with BBM? The red square clock icon shows up next to everything I try to send, and takes a long time (10+ minutes) to change into the tick mark with the D.

I've tried a battery pull and everything. I also tried putting my phone on wifi, but the messages still aren't sending. I don't know if its an issue with RIM, because my brother's Blackberry sends messages just fine.

Is anybody else having problems with BBM? The red square clock icon shows up next to everything I try to send, and takes a long time (10+ minutes) to change into the tick mark with the D.

I've tried a battery pull and everything. I also tried putting my phone on wifi, but the messages still aren't sending. I don't know if its an issue with RIM, because my brother's Blackberry sends messages just fine.

I having the same problem too , But not everytime

Its just here and there at times

• 4 weeks later...

So my phone is being a real pain right now.

None of my BBMs will send or deliver, facebook won't load, and neither will Twitter. The only thing that's working is texting and calling. None of my apps are loading!

I plugged my BB into my computer and forgot to eject before I disconnected it so does anyone think that could be the reason why it's being malfunctiony?

Help. :(

edit// I tried the battery pull already and it didn't fix anything so now I'm definitely a little scared.

So my phone is being a real pain right now.

None of my BBMs will send or deliver, facebook won't load, and neither will Twitter. The only thing that's working is texting and calling. None of my apps are loading!

I plugged my BB into my computer and forgot to eject before I disconnected it so does anyone think that could be the reason why it's being malfunctiony?

Help. :(

edit// I tried the battery pull already and it didn't fix anything so now I'm definitely a little scared.

It's RIM.

RIM broke everything. Over here in England our BB's haven't worked since Monday.

I love my BlackBerry but now this problem isn't just Europe. It's Middle East, Africa, North and SOuth America. Just as the new IPhone comes out. This could be the death of BB.

Archived