The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

You name it, I've had it, unfortunately. Power cycle issues(middle of a phone call and the phone turns off and won't restart until I pull battery out and wait 15mins), media player malfunctioning, freezing, excessive battery drain, keys falling off, lagging, ringer doesn't work, missed phone calls, texts going thru 9 times to my boss, countless bbm problems, alarm won't go off sometimes, some emails not coming through, repeats on my calendar (it would show an appt on sat for both sat and sunday).

This is over the course of 1 original and 5 refurbished phones. Lesson learned. Never buy a phone from fshop or bestbuy.

Ordered a 32gig samsung galaxy s3 for 49$

Going to transfer my 32gig microsd card, giving me 64gigs.

It'll be tough to leave bb after so many years but it needs to be done. Sigh.

You won't regret the S3...this coming from an avid BB user to Apple user to Android currently. I highly recommend rooting your phone and get Juice Defender Ultimate. It helps with the Battery life as the battery life on these things are absolute draining on a daily basis.

"BB10 will see us through the next ten years" - Heins (RIM CEO)

http://www.techdiges...boss_heins.html

So that being said, do you really want an OS that will run through the next decade of our lives? That's what got them in the crap hole in the first place. With WP, Android and Apple all continuing to make improvements on their OS' this is nothing shocking to see RIM reluctant to change..

For all those saying But but but but but they Keyboard....I GOTSTA GET ME A KEYBOARD...

Relax...it's coming...

Bye BlackBerry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPC8IjkgmXI

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to get emails colour-coded in the Messages folder? I have about four email accounts being pushed to my BlackBerry right now and sometimes it just gets confusing.

From what I've read, only BES users (I have BIS only) can colour-code them via the default settings, so I was wondering if anybody had suggestions on third-party apps to do the same.

Does anyone know how to get emails colour-coded in the Messages folder? I have about four email accounts being pushed to my BlackBerry right now and sometimes it just gets confusing.

From what I've read, only BES users (I have BIS only) can colour-code them via the default settings, so I was wondering if anybody had suggestions on third-party apps to do the same.

Which blackberry do you got? I see some people who also have colour-coded conversations for their SMS's

• 3 weeks later...

Press Release

BlackBerry 10 Launch Event to be Held on January 30th, 2013

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 12, 2012) - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) announced today that it will hold its BlackBerry 10 launch event on January 30th, 2013. The event will happen simultaneously in multiple countries around the world. This day will mark the official launch of its new platform - BlackBerry 10, as well as the unveiling of the first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Details on the smartphones and their availability will be announced at the event.

"In building BlackBerry 10, we set out to create a truly unique mobile computing experience that constantly adapts to your needs. Our team has been working tirelessly to bring our customers innovative features combined with a best in class browser, a rich application ecosystem, and cutting-edge multimedia capabilities. All of this will be integrated into a user experience - the BlackBerry Flow - that is unlike any smartphone on the market today," said Thorsten Heins, President and CEO of Research In Motion. "Thanks to our strong partnerships with global carriers and a growing ecosystem of developers, we believe our customers will have the best experience possible with BlackBerry 10. We are looking forward to getting BlackBerry 10 in the hands of our customers around the world."

http://crackberry.com/press-release

Someone who isn't me should start a Blackberry 10 thread with all the shiny videos and reviews of the Dev Alpha devices. :towel:

For those who weren't aware, if your BB is capable of updating to 7.1 OS (or is already on it), you can visit the BB App World to get some premium apps for free right now. There's a handful of apps (worth around $40) available like TuneIn Radio Pro, Shazam Encore, BeWeather, etc. Deal's for Canadians.

Here's a link: http://ca.blackberry.com/campaigns/hottest-app-giveaway.html

January 30th. Great news. I will probably get one on launch day :)

By the time my contract runs out, it should be enough time for them to work out any major bugs (and hopefully the N-series will be out by then too; I cannot live without the keyboard).

Here's to hoping that RIM won't push back the release date like they've done far too often. :(

Never heard of it but damn does it look cool. Look at those specs :shock:, this thing crushes the Iphone 5 and Galaxy.

blackberry-blade.jpg

By the time Blackberry releases this type of phone, it would already be outdated. There is a beast that HTC will unleash which is called HTC J Butterfly (exclusive to Japan) and HTC DNA (North American Version) which will destroy the competition and make iPhone 5 look like an outdated toy. It has a 1920X1080 resolution or 440 ppi which is way more than iPhone 5's 320 ppi resolution.

HTC J Butterfly is a 5-inch 1080p monsterphone

Posted: 17 Oct 2012, 03:05, by Victor H.

Categories: HTC Android Bookmark

Share:

Discuss110

HTC-J-Butterfly-is-a-5-inch-1080p-monsterphone.jpg

The HTC J Butterfly has surfaced on HTC’s Japanese website and it is that elusive 1080p 5-inch monsterphone we’ve been hearing about all along.

The 5-inch Super LCD 3 display on the HTC J Butterfly works out at 440ppi, a truly amazingly detailed resolution. But it’s not just the resolution - color reproduction is reportedly outstanding, and the convex glass shape makes it stand out. It’s also very thin at just 9.1mm which makes it easier to deal with such a big display.

The Butterfly has all you’d expect from such a device: a quad-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 processor, 2GB of RAM, and an 8-megapixel rear camera. It also runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

One thing we’re curious about is how its 2,020mAh battery will do, and will it last us through the day.

Right now, the HTC J Butterfly is coming to AU / KDDI in Japan only by end-December, but we’d expect its display to arrive in differently packaged bodies soon after. Check it all out below.

source: HTC

January 30th. Great news. I will probably get one on launch day :)

I definitely am.. My charging port just broke off (the thing literally came out of my phone), so I've been without a phone for a week. Buying a used BB and will wait it out as my contract is done in February so I'll have a stellar deal for January 30th!

I definitely am.. My charging port just broke off (the thing literally came out of my phone), so I've been without a phone for a week. Buying a used BB and will wait it out as my contract is done in February so I'll have a stellar deal for January 30th!

Maybe you could get an external battery charger like this one?

This might be a pain in the butt, but a cheaper solution than buying a used BlackBerry. Hooray for removable batteries. :)

By the time Blackberry releases this type of phone, it would already be outdated. There is a beast that HTC will unleash which is called HTC J Butterfly (exclusive to Japan) and HTC DNA (North American Version) which will destroy the competition and make iPhone 5 look like an outdated toy. It has a 1920X1080 resolution or 440 ppi which is way more than iPhone 5's 320 ppi resolution.

Meh, Don't care about iOS or Android.

Tools, not toys.

Maybe you could get an external battery charger like this one?

This might be a pain in the butt, but a cheaper solution than buying a used BlackBerry. Hooray for removable batteries. :)

Well I have a 2 and a half year old 9700 running OS 6 so it's fairly laggy and battery draining. I found 2 9780s on used victoria for 80 or 100 dollars, so I'm going to just wait it out until then. Because my battery doesnt even last a day anymore, I figure instead of paying 80 dollars to get it soldered back on or spending 40 dollars for a battery charger wasn't worth it, and this way if my new BB gets stolen or I kill it somehow (I hope to god I never do) I'll have a working one waiting for me to use temporarily!

Looked at ebay too, and I can't really wait out much longer on not having a phone and I figure shipping will be 1-4 weeks depending where I get it unless it's rushed.

If only it could have lived until the end of january..

My first BB was the Pearl 8100. Than I got the Storm 9530 and had it for years! I swear I was the only person who liked it, something about pushing in the whole screen that never got old. When it died finally I got the new Torch 9860 because I swore by touch screen only. After being let down by it I switched it for the Bold 9900 which before this one, I have never liked the physical keyboard. The 9900 changed that for me and I don't think when I eventually get a BB10 device that I can do without the physical keyboard.

Archived