LOL I'll think about it. :P

#64 Not Rupaul :(

Not Rupaul :(

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

how do i use wi-fi? like when i am in a zone that i know has wi-fi, i click on browser and a little message comes up that says "this is a wi-fi service. please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again."
Posted Image

#65 i am a beast

i am a beast

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

how do i use wi-fi? like when i am in a zone that i know has wi-fi, i click on browser and a little message comes up that says "this is a wi-fi service. please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again."

Set up Wi-Fi network > Search for Wi-Fi

or something like that

#66 tylenol

tylenol

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

Really looking forward to the 9800. Not that I'm going to buy it for sure, but I've always wanted a BB but I was put off by the keyboard since I liked touchscreen better. But now it's going to have both.
Rooney

#67 i am a beast

i am a beast

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:25 AM

If you want touch screen, iPhone might be better for you. I'm sure one of the many reasons why people get a BlackBerry is the keyboard ;) The 9800 looks promising though

#68 Not Rupaul :(

Not Rupaul :(

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

Set up Wi-Fi network > Search for Wi-Fi

or something like that

ohh sick, thanks man. i guess it was silly of me to assume that it would try to connect to one automatically.
Posted Image

#69 i am a beast

i am a beast

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:54 AM

ohh sick, thanks man. i guess it was silly of me to assume that it would try to connect to one automatically.

No problem. Now you have to join the BBM group!! :P

Barcode can be found in first page

#70 i am a beast

i am a beast

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

Bold 9800 (Slider) coming out on August 15. Yay or nay?

#71 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

I'm thinking of upgrading to the 9800. But I'll have to see it in person before I decide.

#72 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

I just got my first Blackberry, Cure 8530 with Virgin. Please add me to the group, 316E3C43.

Being a new Crackberry addict, what are three things you can tell me about my Blackberry? IE/ Apps, tips, tricks, etc. Thanks.

EDIT: You guys are going to hate me for all my newb questions, but I'm asking this one anyways. I just got sent the invite to the group. How do I add myself to the CDC BBG?

Edited by Down by the River, 29 July 2010 - 10:42 PM.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#73 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

22552C0D. Wooo CDC blackberry group!

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#74 viper.claw

viper.claw

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:37 AM

Bold 9800 (Slider) coming out on August 15. Yay or nay?

just read an article saying that it could be possible canada is releasing at a later time like october and AT&T will be getting it august 15ish. kinda odd that the US gets the 9800 before Canada.

GO CANUCKS GO!

#75 i am a beast

i am a beast

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:59 AM

just read an article saying that it could be possible canada is releasing at a later time like october and AT&T will be getting it august 15ish. kinda odd that the US gets the 9800 before Canada.

Not all that surprised really, it's a marketing technique.

#76 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

Heard that RIM is having a press conference on Aug. 3rd. Most likely to announce OS 6 and the 9800. If the rumour is true, we would probably know next week when it'll be coming out. :)

#77 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:45 PM

What's the average battery life for you guys? I think I might need to get a new battery.
Posted Image

#78 i am a beast

i am a beast

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

What's the average battery life for you guys? I think I might need to get a new battery.

Mine lasts about throughout the day with moderate Facebook/Twitter, lots of BBM/Texting. I might need a new battery too.

#79 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

Hmm. I had it fully charged and the next day I did text quite a bit but by this morning it was already out..
Posted Image

#80 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:34 PM

Depends on how much I use and what I do on it. If I don't talk on it a lot - just texting, BBM and go online a little - my battery lasts a day on average.

#81 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

Depends on how much I use and what I do on it. If I don't talk on it a lot - just texting, BBM and go online a little - my battery lasts a day on average.

That's pretty awful. I guess I won't get a new battery then as two others have said their batteries last around a day.
Posted Image

#82 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

RIM announced the new Blackberry smartphone to debut in the US on August 12 - no word on the Canadian launch.

In an effort to regain market share in the highly competitive world of advanced mobile communication devices, Waterloo, Ont.-based Research In Motion announced in New York City on Tuesday its new touch-screen smartphone, which will be offered in the United States solely through AT&T Inc.

The new smartphone is called the BlackBerry 9800, or Torch, and features an iPhone-like touch screen and a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard. The phone will run on the new BlackBerry 6 OS operating system.

The phone will start selling Aug. 12 for $199.99 U.S. with a two-year AT&T contract in the U.S. There was no announcement about when the phone will be available in Canada, or which companies will carry it.

Some of the phone's specs include an optical trackpad, a five megapixel camera which will automatically tag photos with location and social networking streaming capabilities. The Torch will also feature a redesigned home screen, notification previews and universal search which will be integrated with App World.

"BlackBerry 6 is the outcome of RIM's ongoing passion to deliver a powerful, simplified and optimized user experience for both touch screen and keyboard fans," said Mike Lazaridis, president and co-CEO of RIM.

Some investors have shown concern that RIM is losing momentum to Apple's iPhone and devices running Google Inc.'s Android operating system.

While RIM increased its share of the overall global market for cellphones by 40 per cent last year, the company's share of the market for multi-function smartphones fell from 20.9 per cent to 19.4 per cent in the first quarter of this year, according to the market research firm IDC. Apple's share jumped to 16.1 per cent from 10.9 per cent in the same period.

RIM's stock on the Toronto Stock Exchange was down following Tuesday's announcement, falling 0.24 per cent to $59.010.

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/announces+smartphone/3353996/story.html#ixzz0vYm0yYq7
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#83 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:22 AM

BlackBerry be banned in UAE as of October 10th. Saudi and other countries to follow.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#84 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

Why do people try so hard to compare Apples and Oranges (I guess Blackberry in this case)? Those are two companies that clearly target different demographics. Besides, think iPhone 4 is so great? I was actually thinking of getting one. But the antenna issue, proximity sensor issue, and discoloration of the retina display aren't exactly small issues.

Anyway. Bold 9700 unlocked to Fido.

Currently addicted to Absolute Tris. It's free on the AppWorld. And +1 to what someone else said. Bolt and Opera Mini are both good alternatives to the native browser. There's the Canucks BB app if you're a Canucks fan. ScoreMobile, Goal.com, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter = recommended.

If the 9800 flops mark my words RIM is going to drop so far down the smart phone category.

I got a -4 because I was actually being honest? Wow. If you actually think about the Antenna issue and retina display as well as the proximity sensor issue, if you actually thought that NO phone has issues when loading a new OS is foolish. BBM 5 when it first came out thousands lost all their contacts. I'm guessing no one read about that now did they?

Opera mini is by far the better browser than the native Browser. The only advantage that a BB has over an iPhone 4 is BBM, BIS, BES.

As for your comment that the demographics are different I would highly disagree. The demographics that the RIM market is targeting needs to change soon. The 9800 looks garbage. I give props to RIM for trying something new.

The RIM Empire they have built is slowly crumbling before Jim's eyes. OS6's UI looks decent and a step in the right direction.
BUT it's no fluke that the iPhone 4 sold over 1.7 million units in 3 days of it's release.

Edited by Cal9ary Lames FTW!!!!, 03 August 2010 - 09:35 AM.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#85 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

It randomly deletes my SMS messages. Sometimes my phone freezes. Occasionally, BBM messages don't get sent/received until a lot later. I haven't upgraded yet so I might do that.

When your at the home screen click Menu and then when you're in the applications list click Switch Application and check to see if there are any other Apps running. Just pressing the "end" button doesn't correctly end an application.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#86 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

When your at the home screen click Menu and then when you're in the applications list click Switch Application and check to see if there are any other Apps running. Just pressing the "end" button doesn't correctly end an application.

I know that. I always close my apps.

#87 i am a beast

i am a beast

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

If the 9800 flops mark my words RIM is going to drop so far down the smart phone category.

I got a -4 because I was actually being honest? Wow. If you actually think about the Antenna issue and retina display as well as the proximity sensor issue, if you actually thought that NO phone has issues when loading a new OS is foolish. BBM 5 when it first came out thousands lost all their contacts. I'm guessing no one read about that now did they?

Opera mini is by far the better browser than the native Browser. The only advantage that a BB has over an iPhone 4 is BBM, BIS, BES.

As for your comment that the demographics are different I would highly disagree. The demographics that the RIM market is targeting needs to change soon. The 9800 looks garbage. I give props to RIM for trying something new.

The RIM Empire they have built is slowly crumbling before Jim's eyes. OS6's UI looks decent and a step in the right direction.
BUT it's no fluke that the iPhone 4 sold over 1.7 million units in 3 days of it's release.

Keyboard says sup

#88 DYU3ster

DYU3ster

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

Jumped on the bb bandwagon 2 months ago, and LOVED it ever since. The bbm system is like live msn with other bb users. I was just wondering, is it a good idea to download songs and put it in your bb or is it better to just keep it in your mp3 to avoid wasting space?

#89 i am a beast

i am a beast

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

Jumped on the bb bandwagon 2 months ago, and LOVED it ever since. The bbm system is like live msn with other bb users. I was just wondering, is it a good idea to download songs and put it in your bb or is it better to just keep it in your mp3 to avoid wasting space?

For me, it's not wasting any space but my concern is that it'll kill the battery quicker.

Btw join the CDC BBM group :P

#90 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

Is it possible to run OS 5 on a Curve 8900?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.