The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

All the reviews saw the interface and operating system are fantastic, with a really fast web browser. Solid camera, increasing number of apps.. apps are probably the most criticized thing about BB10

Some of them seem to think there is a 'steep learning curve' to the way of getting around on BB10 with the swiping movements.. but i think anyone mildly tech-savy can adapt easily.

I'm probably going to wait until the Q10 comes out.. I like my keyboard

Z10 is a way to make up for their failure in the past years, but it's their last resort, before filing for bankruptcy.

You realize BBRY (RIM) carries NO debt on their balance sheet. They also carry $7bn in current assets and $1.5bn in cash. What in god's name makes you think they would EVER file for bankruptcy?

Any verdicts.

Think I'm gonna get the Z10. Any good reviews?

Much like seasons tickets they are expected "some time this week" in Canada so we will have to wait and see.

There are reviews and some are good and some are bad. It depends on the person.

But it certainly looks more than good enough to be competitive and more importantly should business want to use it for their phone it will have enough gimmics to stop the workers from whining they can't use it to play angry birds on the bus ride home.

Much like seasons tickets they are expected "some time this week" in Canada so we will have to wait and see.

There are reviews and some are good and some are bad. It depends on the person.

But it certainly looks more than good enough to be competitive and more importantly should business want to use it for their phone it will have enough gimmics to stop the workers from whining they can't use it to play angry birds on the bus ride home.

Wait, so I can play angry birds on Blackberry? I've never been happier

Wait, so I can play angry birds on Blackberry? I've never been happier

As far as I know you can play any android app. Results may vary though apparently.

However as time goes on more will be ported over and done such that they are "native" to the blackberry OS.

It's expected that pretty much any kind of application you can use on an android should be available. They aren't pulling an apple and trying to block out the competitions apps, they are welcoming them.

The new Blackberry commercial is fine and all...and I LOVE Tame Impala.

However, I find it kind of funny that they chose the the song Elephant, considering it's about a guy who thinks he's a tough bigshot, but when challenged, he "cried the whole way home".

I don't know, maybe it's just me...but if I were in charge of making a commercial about a new and supposedly cutting-edge piece of technology, I would have avoided using a song about not being all you're cracked up to be.

Sweet, thanks Wetcoaster! Got tipped out $350 at work, should cover my early upgrade fee and the cost of the Z10.

Just a question before I get it, I've been told to wait for the N series. Does anyone know what the main differences will be? Will it simply just be a matter of a new Operating System or will the design be different too? If it is simply just an OS thing, I'm assuming the Z10 will be able to upgrade to the N?

Sweet, thanks Wetcoaster! Got tipped out $350 at work, should cover my early upgrade fee and the cost of the Z10.

Just a question before I get it, I've been told to wait for the N series. Does anyone know what the main differences will be? Will it simply just be a matter of a new Operating System or will the design be different too? If it is simply just an OS thing, I'm assuming the Z10 will be able to upgrade to the N?

Other than one has a physical keyboard while the other has a (looking to be quite good) virtual one?

One might be slightly more powerful than the other but I doubt it will be a significant difference.

The new Blackberry commercial is fine and all...and I LOVE Tame Impala.

However, I find it kind of funny that they chose the the song Elephant, considering it's about a guy who thinks he's a tough bigshot, but when challenged, he "cried the whole way home".

I don't know, maybe it's just me...but if I were in charge of making a commercial about a new and supposedly cutting-edge piece of technology, I would have avoided using a song about not being all you're cracked up to be.

Well, the commercial does point out that it can't for example suddenly change a tanker truck careening towards you into a bunch of rubber duckies it kind of fits with the theme of the commercial pointing out all the things it can't do.

Irony. You know, like wearing a "I love the NDP" shirt or something.

From the videos I've seen, it won't be too much of a difference. You will still have BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry Balance and even the predictive text.

Haven't been able to put my Z10 down.

Also, coming from a 9900, I expected to have trouble typing for a while, but between the predictions, auto correct, and my own insanely talented thumbs, I haven't made a mistake yet, and were coming up on 24 hours of me having had it.

Archived