The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

Now you guys know what its like to live in Southern California. I can't stand it. Regardless if you have AC in the building, home or car it blows. I'll take the cold and rain anyday over heat. At least with cold you can bundle up, with heat there is only so far you can strip down to...

When it rains more than a drop of water down here in Cali they call it "storm watch" when it gets over 30 celsius in Van they call it a "heat wave", LOL.

What is that and where do I get one.

They're called 'Screamers'. Slurpee with soft ice cream - absolutely amazing and you get them from Danny's market...a little hole in the wall store at the corner of Francis & Garden City (near South Arm Community).

Thinking about buying an air conditioner and then returning it in a week when it cools off

Well that's totally irresponsible.... Buy one like the rest of us?

And Danny's Screamers are the best...I live very nearby and it's been far too long since I've had one (Root Beer, mmmm)

I actually got a dose of heatstroke yesterday...was out weeding my Dad's garden and didn't realize that 4.5 hours had passed. Was not a fun night, but I survived. Hate the heat, love the sun.

They're called 'Screamers'. Slurpee with soft ice cream - absolutely amazing and you get them from Danny's market...a little hole in the wall store at the corner of Francis & Garden City (near South Arm Community).

Sounds so good! but frack driving in Richmond.

Yesterday around 5 I came out of Shoppers and heard a dog frantically barking in a mall parking lot....sure enough, found a little guy locked in a hot car in the sun, windows up/doors locked. Rushed into the McDonalds it was parked near and starting asking people if they had a silver SUV with a dog in it. Finally got a "yes, why?" and quickly brought the woman up to speed: "because your dog's gonna die if you don't get your butt out there". I was dramatic to make an impact. I followed her out there and when she let her little Pom out, he was panting and frantic. I gave her a pretty stern lecture about Easy Bake Oven cars and how she could test if her car was safe to leave her dog in/windows up...."sit in it yourself and see how long you can stand it...then remember that your dog's the same, only wearing a fur coat as well".

Please guys, in this heat if you notice a dog/kid in a car in the sun, try to intervene before disaster strikes. BTW, every other spot was shaded. Dumbass pet owner of the day...just hope she doesn't have children. Of course, she was in an air conditioned establishment drinking a cold drink and eating ice cream while her hot dog was nearly ready for a bun and condiments. Was not impressed and let her know it.

It astounds me that there is anyone left in Canada that doesn't know not to leave your kids or pets in a hot car.

• Upvote 3

Yesterday around 5 I came out of Shoppers and heard a dog frantically barking in a mall parking lot....sure enough, found a little guy locked in a hot car in the sun, windows up/doors locked. Rushed into the McDonalds it was parked near and starting asking people if they had a silver SUV with a dog in it. Finally got a "yes, why?" and quickly brought the woman up to speed: "because your dog's gonna die if you don't get your butt out there". I was dramatic to make an impact. I followed her out there and when she let her little Pom out, he was panting and frantic. I gave her a pretty stern lecture about Easy Bake Oven cars and how she could test if her car was safe to leave her dog in/windows up...."sit in it yourself and see how long you can stand it...then remember that your dog's the same, only wearing a fur coat as well".

Please guys, in this heat if you notice a dog/kid in a car in the sun, try to intervene before disaster strikes. BTW, every other spot was shaded. Dumbass pet owner of the day...just hope she doesn't have children. Of course, she was in an air conditioned establishment drinking a cold drink and eating ice cream while her hot dog was nearly ready for a bun and condiments. Was not impressed and let her know it.

If you had just smashed the window and I was walking by and seen it, upon you explaining that a dog was stuck inside, I'd just be on my merry way and not say anything. Might've handed you a pen to write a note explaining why there was a hole in the person's car.

• Upvote 1

I think the worst part is the humidity... Just always feels... Sticky.

ugh i know. i'm taking the skytrain every day. love it, i love the ride just listening to my tunes, but i never get on the old school cars because they don't have air conditioning and the only airflow you get in those are from the open windows and now this heat it's just pure, raw, heat going around and i get all sticky and feel disgusting. i love the newer cars , especially the black ones, because they have AC and those seats are so comfy.

luckily my house has AC and my work has AC as well, but i have to walk to the train station and living in new west, near 22nd, it's either walk up a brutal hill or walk along that industrial strip (which is like a vacuum of heat cause of all the cars and ****) then cut through the park up a less brutal hill, which shaves off 2 minutes =/

also if i'm getting anything to cool down i'm getting a plain pepsi/coke slurpee from 7-11 or a lage raspberry lemonade from timmies or a large iced tea from blenz or starbucks (i don't fall for your **** starbucks, always ask for less ice)

I've seen that happen before. Except I didn't go around looking for the owner. Just picked up a loose piece of the rock cracked off from the curb and smashed the rear side window.

Should've taken the dog too. Poor thing was close to dieing.

Good on you.

Although next time, you should've called the cops to come so they'd smash one of her windshields (or do it yourself). That'd serve her right. A window replacement, plus a shelter fee for the dog would probably be a good reminder for her next time.

They should make it illegal to leave pets in cars... It's no different than leaving an unattended child in there. They deserve the right to lose their pet(s) 100%.

• Upvote 1

Good on you.

Although next time, you should've called the cops to come so they'd smash one of her windshields (or do it yourself). That'd serve her right. A window replacement, plus a shelter fee for the dog would probably be a good reminder for her next time.

They should make it illegal to leave pets in cars... It's no different than leaving an unattended child in there. They deserve the right to lose their pet(s) 100%.

But you can't take them into shops or restaurants.

But you can't take them into shops or restaurants.

That's the responsibility you take with you when you have a pet. You can't choose to care for it whenever you find it convenient to.

You can't take vacations without making prior arrangements, you can't shun it when you're having a bad day, and you sure as hell can't leave it in the car to bake while you enjoy a meal.

• Upvote 1