The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

Not to mention if people are cold, they can put on as many layers as you want. If they're hot... well, there's a limit to how many layers they can take away before people start looking at them weird.

Ice cap in the snow, too.

In Vancouver this is considered a heat wave...elsewhere it would be considered warm summer weather.

And that's why I love West Coast BC. You don't have to fight off 6-inch long insects and 40 degree (and HUMID!) summers, and you can actually go outside with nothing more than jeans and a sweater for most of the winter. WOOHOO FOR MODERATION!

• Upvote 1

Personally, I can handle up to 30 degrees. I would say 25-27 is PERFECT for me. I do like the odd really hot day, because you go to the river and it is SOOOO nice when you get in there. After 30, it gets too much, especially since we don't have AC at work or in my car. Beyond 30, it gets too hot to do a lot of fun things outside, like golf or road hockey.

I hate taking the bus in this weather because it's basically a mobile oven. And your skin sticks to the plastic seats... ughh. There's also the occasional fellow commuter who needs to be introduced to deodorants.

I hate taking the bus in this weather because it's basically a mobile oven. And your skin sticks to the plastic seats... ughh. There's also the occasional fellow commuter who needs to be introduced to deodorants.

you never been on those yellow hooded transit busses? it basically looks like a tour bus once your inside, seats are just amazing and the AC is turned up high!!! :towel:. Those busses totally makes up for a bad day for me sometimes when i go home.

I think I've seen those yellow-hooded buses around... but the routes I take never have those ones. :( The worst is the community shuttles -- tiny windows and they travel at a glacial rate, so no wind coming in.