The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Salary Arbitration Works....

Guest AriGold

Guest AriGold

It appears alot of people still have questions about Salary Arbitration.

I decided to bump this for people who missed it the first time around...

Hope it helps !

• 11 months later...
Guest AriGold

This should be freaking pinned and every user should be forced to read it before discussing RFA arbitration issues.

i don't know if i missed this, but does the arbiter set the salary or does he chose in favor of one side or the other....my understanding is that the arbiter chooses one side or the other....where it would be fairer if he comes to fair mid way point......eg...canucks offer 1 mil, while hansen asks for 2 mil....can the arbiter chose a figure in between that he rules is fair?

i don't know if i missed this, but does the arbiter set the salary or does he chose in favor of one side or the other....my understanding is that the arbiter chooses one side or the other....where it would be fairer if he comes to fair mid way point......eg...canucks offer 1 mil, while hansen asks for 2 mil....can the arbiter chose a figure in between that he rules is fair?

I know gillis will resign hanson, and won't let him leave.

I think the arbitration is a ploy to buy time, as no one can give hanson an offer sheet

while he is waiting for arbitration.

I know gillis will want to give him a fair contract, and I can't imagine hanson asking

for something too big, just doesn't fit with how this teams operates, (exception is erhoff)

I know hansen is the one who asked for arbitration, but last time it was gillis, so I do

think they are working together so gillis can have more time to get his cap situation sorted

out.

Guest AriGold

If a team takes a player to arbitration can they trade his rights before the hearing or do they have to stick with him until the date?

Archived