The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Shane O'Brien

Guest AriGold

It probably has a lot to do with chemistry. I'd have Samuelsson on the second line, except that he totally doesn't work with Raymond, or really Kesler, either. Samuelsson is great with players that have good vision, ie the Sedins. This is why I think he'll play with Malhotra and Hodgson. Besides, that gives us even better secondary scoring with a line 2a/2b deal. Additionally, Hodgson doesn't get stuck shutting down top lines like he would if someone like Asham was the third player on that line (with Malhotra).

YES YES YES

Awesome for our 6th... get rid of Bieksa, get in another good forward and we are set for a great season.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Sammy

Raymond - Kesler - NEW FORWARD

Malhotra/Rookie - Rookie/Malhotra - Burrows/Sammy

Rypien - Grinder - Tough Guy/Grinder

Hamhuis - Salo

Ballard - Edler

O'Brien - Ehrhoff

When he is playing, Salo is pretty much our best defenseman. At least stats show that, our win/loss ratio is way better with him in the lineup.

Now that we have the toughness of SOB, and because Bieksa would aguably command a higher return, he will be traded. IMO at least.

Wow, I didn't realize he had so few points, but then again, he's on the blue line for his physical game. I was skeptical about him during the past two seasons but his play in the playoffs changed that. He's a solid 6th defenceman who brings some grit and edge to the back end.

YES YES YES

Awesome for our 6th... get rid of Bieksa, get in another good forward and we are set for a great season.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Sammy

Raymond - Kesler - NEW FORWARD

Malhotra/Rookie - Rookie/Malhotra - Burrows/Sammy

Rypien - Grinder - Tough Guy/Grinder

Hamhuis - Salo

Ballard - Edler

O'Brien - Ehrhoff

Archived