The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Attn: Invalid Sources

b3.

With Parise and Suter both going to the Wild and Hockeyy Insiderr incorrectly predicting that Suter would go to the Wings and Parise to the Pens, Hockeyy Insiderr deserves to remain on the list for now at least.

Source: "Crosby is RAGING right now. Said he'll never talk to Parise again. Lied to him and to organization and broke promise." #Pens

The fact he's trying to explain means he's trying to cover his ass.

how is samjam not on the list?

Lou 90% done to toronto,

will be announce by the trade or latest july 1st,

lou to florida done and confirmed.

the kid accidentally gets a couple things right and suddenly is legit despite the numerous incorrect and flat out BS reportings.

how is samjam not on the list?

Lou 90% done to toronto,

will be announce by the trade or latest july 1st,

lou to florida done and confirmed.

the kid accidentally gets a couple things right and suddenly is legit despite the numerous incorrect and flat out BS reportings.

*Any Social Media Account that does not link back to a member of the media*

Sort of a blanket statement that covers it all, rather than listing out every single user on the board who creates a Twitter account.

Why is Eklund allowed?! ANY pole on this site shows a majority of people don't want him. Also any attempt to make an all purpose Eklund thread keeps getting locked. It is 100% clear and obvious one of the mods at least works for Hockeybuzz.

Sort of a blanket statement that covers it all, rather than listing out every single user on the board who creates a Twitter account.

sounds good, i just got confused by the specific twitter accounts that ARE on the list.

Has anyone gone through all of Eklund's rumours leading up to the deadline to see how many he actually got right?

/curious face

Typing up "eklund predictions wrong" yields these two links:

http://eklundwatch.wordpress.com/ - debunks Eklund's predictions for 2010

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/ - from 2009

From the 2nd link, I pulled this out:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/mc/comments/dart_boards_hogwash_and_buzz/ - Mike Chen of Kukla's Korner breaks down Eklund's public predictions over the 2009 deadline, and found that his stats were as likely as chance to occur.

Of course, I haven't seen numbers in recent years, but I'm currently presenting a good (albeit outdated) reason as to why Eklund is no better than hockeyyinsiderr, samjam, or any other pretend analyst - his predictions that go public are successful no better than chance.

I propose that the "invalid sources" list, and the concept of an invalid source, be eliminated. I realize the admins/Canucks org. want people to be able to just read the thread titles and know with some reliability what is going on. Kind of like just reading the headlines. I posit that this is neither desirable nor worthwhile.

I propose that Eklund be removed as a reliable source.

As was pointed out, he has credible writers at his site. OK fine.

Should this mean he is credible? No it should not.

Eklund has been on twitter for some time and follows all the writers journalists and bloggers for all teams and local papers of all NHL cities, so he gets his information just like the rest of us, his predictions are baseless and if he is allowed as a source, then the floodgates should open and anyone should be allowed as a source.

If a little birdie told me that Luongo to the Panthers is "99% done," and it doesn't happen, am I a liar, or full of crap, or did the deal fall through? Sometimes things get to 99% done and don't get done.

looking at your username, i'd go with option #2 :bigblush:

Why is hockeyyinsiderr not seen as a credible source? This guy is more credible than anyone else in the rumour biz. People who say that "oh, he's just throwing crap to the wall to see what sticks" are not really interested in rumours, are they? They just want to know what's for sure going to happen.

Is it just because he's an anonymous twitter account? I know most mainstream journalists hate these guys because they are making journalists obsolete.

It would be nice for the admins to spell out how they arrive at these decisions.

Why is hockeyyinsiderr not seen as a credible source? This guy is more credible than anyone else in the rumour biz. People who say that "oh, he's just throwing crap to the wall to see what sticks" are not really interested in rumours, are they? They just want to know what's for sure going to happen.

Is it just because he's an anonymous twitter account? I know most mainstream journalists hate these guys because they are making journalists obsolete.

It would be nice for the admins to spell out how they arrive at these decisions.

reason why i don't like him is he whines too much, he calls himself credible against these #tsnboys .

man. just check the accounts he follow. they're all sports radio stations and some credible media guys. he pieces the news together and throws out stuff. look, i can always say .. HEY DOAN IS GOING TO SIGN WITH IN TWO WEEKS #CONFIRMED .. (you better quote me on it) dude, what really ticks me off is when he takes these news and tweet "my sources tell me" -blah blah blah-

and seriously. think a "credible" insider has all this time to meet this source and that source and then meet up with web designer (oh so shocked about who the REAL man behind the anonymous account)? .. the guy is a joke. for all i know, a lot of people follow him for entertainment purposes. anyone that takes into his crap really needs to think about it.

his "dream team" as we all know is filled with non-reliable twitter accounts. it speaks volume of himself.

making a fake account/RTing the fake Jonathan Willis?

If he complains so much of "credibility" why don't he just DM one of those main stream media guys to explain his side? he wouldn't be getting flamed and such. his identity isn't that important. "insiders" like Dreger is well known and trusted because he doesn't hide behind a computer calling himself this and that saying how big of a genius/news breaker he is

its stupid enough to even mention his tweets but he gives us things to think about just because news has been going so sloooow lately.

@HockeyyInsiderr: VERY IMPORTANT Weber Info *EXCLUSIVELY* from #HockeyyInsiderr #WhoWantsIt? (Told u I'd monitor situation closely)

It's morning, so obvious more news is coming from the media...throws out some BS....

"The #Flyers put in the offer sheet because trade talks weren't advancing well and #NYRangers were closer than them to acquiring Weber #Preds"

"By putting this offer sheet #Flyers insure (at least for 1 year) that Weber will either suit up for them OR for #Preds (not4 division rival)"

Then says something that's been said by the media already...

"Holmgren HEAVILY front loaded deal (hearing close to 40M including signing bonuses for first 2 years!) 2make it difficult 4 #Preds 2match."

Finally, Nick Kypreos tweets the salary structure at 6:44am and at 6:47am he posts the same info:

"Exact offer from #Flyers: 110M 14 years. year 1-4: 14M per; yr5,6 12M per, year 7to 10 6Mper, year 11 3M per, last 3 years 1M per."

Archived