The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Attn: Invalid Sources

b3.

Isn't it about time we heard an explanation from the people who make the rules? An assertion like you just made has to be proven, also. I think @NHLSourcesSay has been pretty reliable for a year now.

This is the same guy that said Spezza got traded to the Blue Jackets. Then he deleted the tweet 10mins later and blocked anyone that called him out on it. I could make an account and post stuff other people broke and I would be reliable to because it would be right. All I'm saying is he makes up BS rumors. He also said the Canucks were interested in Versteeg. I showed him a tweet by Botchford saying they weren't and he deleted his tweet to.I'm not saying everything he post on Twitter is false but it's not his information. Guys a fraud but if you believe him then more power to you.

This is the same guy that said Spezza got traded to the Blue Jackets. Then he deleted the tweet 10mins later and blocked anyone that called him out on it. I could make an account and post stuff other people broke and I would be reliable to because it would be right. All I'm saying is he makes up BS rumors. He also said the Canucks were interested in Versteeg. I showed him a tweet by Botchford saying they weren't and he deleted his tweet to.I'm not saying everything he post on Twitter is false but it's not his information. Guys a fraud but if you believe him then more power to you.

if you actually read the tweets he said it was not his report and he was looking into it, people can be so pathetic.

if you actually read the tweets he said it was not his report and he was looking into it, people can be so pathetic.

He said that after TSN said the report wasn't true. Even go check in the time line. He also said his sources said GM Place would be named Telus Arena and he also deleted that once it was reported Rogers got the rights. He's a joke among all the real experts on Twitter but keep believing him if you want.

Trevor Presiloski summed it up beautifully, since he [NHLSourcesSay] is affiliated with HH he is a invalid source as well.

He's affiliated with HendricksHockey, the owner of which is a chubby Habs fan who has absolutely nothing to do with sports journalism. I think he's in IT or an engineer or something.

The Twitter account takes other stories and passes them off as his own. If you're following people like Dreger, Bob McKenzie, etc. it's VERY easy to see.

He also makes things up. The biggest (when I was paying attention to that account) was that he was insisting that Mat Schneider was going to retire rather than go and play in the AHL when that whole waivers thing was going on this season. Last I checked, he played a number of games with the Moose before being traded to the Coyotes. So much for retirement.

If you keep track and pay attention it's patently obvious he's just someone with a lot of time on his hands and absolutely zero credentials.

And folks may point to his followers on Twitter as being legitimate...well, he bulk follows people on Twitter who are actively using NHL themed hashtags and gets reciprocals. He added me for a while before dropping me cos I didn't add him back

Trevor Presiloski summed it up beautifully, since he is affiliated with HH he is a invalid source as well.

I couldn't have said it better myself. If you follow enough people on Twitter you know he just takes their stories and portrays them as his.

I couldn't have said it better myself. If you follow enough people on Twitter you know he just takes their stories and portrays them as his.

By all means, let us in on who to follow then, because an assertion like that should have to be proven. Dregger barely reports on fugg all! I don't just want the stuff that ends up actually happening, I want to know what people are talking about including the stuff that never comes to anything.

Trevor Presiloski summed it up beautifully, since he [NHLSourcesSay] is affiliated with HH he is a invalid source as well.

I don't get it. HH is so bad that anybody who is affiliated with them is guilty by association? "The owner is a chubby Habs fan who has nothing to do with sports journalism" is summing it up beautifully? That's an argument?

By all means, let us in on who to follow then, because an assertion like that should have to be proven. Dregger barely reports on fugg all! I don't just want the stuff that ends up actually happening, I want to know what people are talking about including the stuff that never comes to anything.

I don't get it. HH is so bad that anybody who is affiliated with them is guilty by association? "The owner is a chubby Habs fan who has nothing to do with sports journalism" is summing it up beautifully? That's an argument?

I follow all the TSN, Sportsnet, Globe and Mail, Toronto Sun, Toronto Star, ESPN hockey guys and at least one beat writer from each NHL team. Should I keep going ? Mostly it's the local beat writers that break the stories.

I'll give you another example Steve Kouleas tweeted: marty turco to chicago...1 year, 1.5 M approx IF IF IF, the hawks trade or walk away from Antti Niemi...watch for this over the coming days on July 30th 1:20 PM

https://twitter.com/stevekouleas

At 5:20PM NHLsourcessay tweeted: Marty Turco and Hawks have made a verbal agreement, 1 year worth $1.5 million...this is if they walk after Niemi arb. hearing or trade him.

There's no credit given to Steve Kouleas for breaking this story. This is all he does take information from other people and post it like he came up with it and if anyone calls him out on it he just blocks that person. You don't know how many times I've read a local article with a rumor in it and few hour later he tweeted it as his story.

What are you expecting to get from me? The reason has been posted numerous times. Besides the mods, Trevor, Opmac and now tmoney44 have explained it pretty well.

NHLSourcesSays or now HockeyInsider is HH insider and blogger don't remember to what extent but since HH is an invalid source their twitter accounts are as well.

If people want to talk about his stuff, go on HH and chat about it. Simple as that.

Yeah, if all he/they are is a rumour aggregator than it makes sense, I was unclear on what was meant by "affiliated" here. "HH insider and blogger don't remember to what extent"...is kind of my point, if it was a guilt by association thing because he has a blog on their site it wouldn't make sense to me, but if he's tweeting on the site's behalf, or really just repeating stuff without acknowledging it, it makes sense...and this is the first place I've seen that accusation made, let alone substantiated.

Yeah, if all he/they are is a rumour aggregator than it makes sense, I was unclear on what was meant by "affiliated" here. "HH insider and blogger don't remember to what extent"...is kind of my point, if it was a guilt by association thing because he has a blog on their site it wouldn't make sense to me, but if he's tweeting on the site's behalf, or really just repeating stuff without acknowledging it, it makes sense...and this is the first place I've seen that accusation made, let alone substantiated.

He has changed his Twitter bio again.

Here it is now:

Writer/Insider for HendricksHockey.net

He is their "NHL Insider" and is tweeting for them. Therefore since HendricksHockey is an invalid source, their twitter accounts are as well. I can't put it any simpler than that.

He has changed his Twitter bio again.

Here it is now:

He is their "NHL Insider" and is tweeting for them. Therefore since HendricksHockey is an invalid source, their twitter accounts are as well. I can't put it any simpler than that.

I guess that is one way to interpret that bio. I wouldn't assume from that that he is "tweeting for them" or that anybody who writes there and has a twitter account is one of "their twitter accounts" but I don't really know.

I guess that is one way to interpret that bio. I wouldn't assume from that that he is "tweeting for them" or that anybody who writes there and has a twitter account is one of "their twitter accounts" but I don't really know.

No, it's pretty easy to interpret that. They even say that he is their NHL Insider on their website.

According to our NHL Insider via Twitter (@NhlSourcesSay)

That one isn't the only one, they also have @HendricksHockey, @nhlrumor and @nhlupdate.

Jason Hendricks is @HendricksHockey, and Brennan Klak is @nhlrumor and @nhlupdate. Hockeybums who spammed the boards last summer, is with HendricksHockey as well.

Wouldn't that mean they get their info from him, and not the other way around? Anyway I get it now.

He is a writer for HendricksHockey, so he re-posts other peoples things on twitter and on HH. It's pretty much like this: Original Source > Him > Twitter/HH. The only thing is that he doesn't give credit to other people on Twitter, usually other people on Twitter will mention the original source or just re-tweet it but their original source still get's credited.

Hey Bieksa3- would you mind telling me what ever happened to Hockeybums? I remember their site 2 years ago and then they made several other improved sites but then Hendrickshockey came and they were gone You stated above they were affiliated with them. Did they join Hendrickshockey or something or just stop the site?

Hey Bieksa3- would you mind telling me what ever happened to Hockeybums? I remember their site 2 years ago and then they made several other improved sites but then Hendrickshockey came and they were gone You stated above they were affiliated with them. Did they join Hendrickshockey or something or just stop the site?

I'm assuming that Hockeybums is this fellow 'Scotty Hockeybums' who is an author for HendricksHockey.

Archived