The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Attn: Invalid Sources

b3.

These are considered invalid sources, therefore please don't use them as 'sources'. Threads will be locked if the source is one of these.

Invalid Sources:

Any Social Media Account that does not link back to a member of the media (including Twitter accounts of members of this message board).

Brochu is Hockey

Bleacher Report

Blogspot

Frank Krulicki

HendricksHockey

HHR_Hockey

HockeyBreak

HockeyyInsiderr

HockeyBums

HockeyRumours

NHL Fan Chat

NHL Gossip

NHL Hockey News by saint Pako

incarceratedbob Twitter

InsiderLegit

The NHL Line

NHL Primo Insider

NHLSourcesSay

NHLRumor

NHLUpdate

Puck Me Hockey

RumorBreak

SB Nation

School Your Pool

SportsHaze

The Hockey Writers

TSNBubMcKenzie Twitter

Vanstrom BC Twitter and Facebook pages

Eklund:

We consider Hockeybuzz.com as a valid source, as Eklund has some credible writers on his site. These threads pop up every year, and they usually end in the same fashion.

Here is what Templeton Peck recently posted:

I'll try and answer as many of the questions regarding this as I can.

Eklund is consistently wrong...

I don't have the numbers on this, but I don't doubt your right.

I think people get confused by what "rumours" really are and what they aren't. Taking any rumour as being a 100% guarantee to happen is a mistake and I think where many people get confused. For the amount of talking that goes on between NHL clubs, I'd wager most doesn't materialize into anything.

So what's the point of having rumours posted here at all then, you might ask? It's something to start a legitimate conversation over, to speculate over and on occasion they may just happen. You just have to take it all in with a grain of salt.

everyone on here is sick and tired of reading an intriguing title only to go into the thread and see the source as Eklund.

It's simply not true. People in this thread have already posted that they don't mind it. People continue to post and view these threads on a consistent basis.

Those who are, however, can usually avoid those threads as they are often easily identified. Avoiding rumour threads altogether is the best approach to take at the moment.

And to my knowledge isn't using Eklund as a source against the forum rules anyway? Why isn't it enforced?

3. All trades, signings, rumours and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread.

The following are NOT considered valid sources:

* Any links to posts or threads on other message boards

* Any links to personal blogs

* Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast

* Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video

* Any news spread by word of mouth

Hockeybuzz, Spector's Hockey and The Fourth Period are currently acceptable sources.

The NHL Line, Brochu is Hockey and NHL Hockey News by saint Pako are currently invalid sources.

http://forum.canucks...n...;f=39&id=15

The guy is a fraud and his sources are about as reliable as a drunk surgeon. And everyone KNOWS it.

If he was truly a fraud, it's unlikely Sportsnet would have hired him, Darren Dreger would give him props for reporting something first, or any sports radio show would have him on as a guest. It's also unlikely that the other reporters at Hockeybuzz, such as Andy Strickland would be working with him.

Yet for some reason, every day, new Eklund threads pop up and they seem to always run into 15+ pages of "omg another Eklund thread"

The users with something negative to say are usually the most vocal.

I do agree with everyone in this thread that the repetitive posts that add nothing to the discussion need to be eliminated. I've been trying to crack down on the users trolling these threads as best I can. If you see someone causing a problem, please report them to us.

Great job bieksa3-, I always wanted a thread for reliable and not reliable NHL sources. I'll try to find some more reliable sources If I can so you could add them up.

http://twitter.com/JeffMarek

https://twitter.com/CassieCampbell

http://twitter.com/morrisonHNIC

http://twitter.com/mattsekeres

http://twitter.com/TEAM1040

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug

http://twitter.com/tsnjamesduthie

http://twitter.com/wyshynski

Funny how their all Twitter sources, Sites tough to find. You've basically got all of them down

Great job bieksa3-, I always wanted a thread for reliable and not reliable NHL sources. I'll try to find some more reliable sources If I can so you could add them up.

Just post them, and I'll look over them with TP.

No matter how badly you try to justify it, having Eklund as a valid source on CDC is a complete joke and makes this board look terrible. As of right now he says the Canucks are trying to get Marc Savard and Steven Weiss. Why the hell would we want either one of them when Hank and Kesler are both locked up long term? This is just one of the many ridiculous and fabricated "rumours" that Eklund makes up in his little fantasy land. The same land that you are condoning as a "valid source" basically because he has his own website (GIMME A BREAK!)

No matter how badly you try to justify it, having Eklund as a valid source on CDC is a complete joke and makes this board look terrible. As of right now he says the Canucks are trying to get Marc Savard and Steven Weiss. Why the hell would we want either one of them when Hank and Kesler are both locked up long term? This is just one of the many ridiculous and fabricated "rumours" that Eklund makes up in his little fantasy land. The same land that you are condoning as a "valid source" basically because he has his own website (GIMME A BREAK!)

Did you not read any of the justifications for why Eklund is still considered a valid source? It's very well explained and outlined in the OP.

"fabricated rumours" Eklund's already admitted that he doesn't have any sort of filter, he just gets told stuff and passes everything along, this is why we get a bunch of crazy sounding ideas, I have no doubt that Vancouver briefly enquired about Savard and Weiss, NHL clubs talk all the time and 99% of it comes to nothing,

So, what you're saying is, that allowing Eklund rumours will somehow tarnish the reputation of this world-class institution known as CDC?

Go spend a few minutes in Canucks Talk. You'll quickly realize that the standards are already pretty low and there's nothing to defend.

Besides, why get so upset when you can easily avoid Eklund threads? I'm not a fan of Eklund rumours either, but unlike you, I just avoid them, instead of spending my Saturday night whining about it on CDC.

What about quoting other forum posters, who have a reputation for being credible? For example, (she's on another message board, but we all know topics get around), Hockey Widow is a poster who has had insider connections within the Canucks organization and has posted information (not always trade or signing information though) about the team. Would she be considered a credible source for discussion? I'm sure there are others too...

I believe that rumours from other sources should be allowed to be posted as long as i says in the title *invalid source*. Some of the nhlsourcesay rumours can be interesting. This way people who don't want to read their rumours don't have to as they can see it is an invalid source. In the sumer months this gives people something to talk about.

Did you not read any of the justifications for why Eklund is still considered a valid source? It's very well explained and outlined in the OP.

"fabricated rumours" Eklund's already admitted that he doesn't have any sort of filter, he just gets told stuff and passes everything along, this is why we get a bunch of crazy sounding ideas, I have no doubt that Vancouver briefly enquired about Savard and Weiss, NHL clubs talk all the time and 99% of it comes to nothing,

Thank you Brunners, you actually read the post. It's not like we just made that post a few days ago, that post has been used for a few years. So you think some people would be used to it now. frantics.gif

Archived