The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Attn: Invalid Sources

b3.

@NHLSourcesSay breaks yet another signing.....Mods should honestly give this guy a chance.

No, he doesn't deserve a chance. He reported that GM Place had been renamed Telus Place was absolutely done and certain because the domain had been bought by the Canucks. News breaks that it would actually be renamed Rogers Arena, and the tweet mysteriously disappears.

And $800,000? Yeah, anyone that has a frickin' brain wouldn't pull that number out of their donkey. He was the second overall pick, he isn't going to make anything less than the maximum allowed under the CBA which is $900,000.

He also says he's been told Mitchell narrowed his teams down from 12 to 4. Again he portrays it as his news when Murph first reported it.

Indeed.

I just realized he blocked me on Twitter. sad.gif

I thought he went into hiding after getting exposed over the Telus Place thing.

Indeed.

He blocks anyone that calls him out on his BS. He blocked me when I called him out on him reporting Spezza got traded to Columbus. He then deleted the tweet and blamed the false report on a blog. You know if the report was correct he would take credit for it.

He blocks anyone that calls him out on his BS. He blocked me when I called him out on him reporting Spezza got traded to Columbus. He then deleted the tweet and blamed the false report on a blog. You know if the report was correct he would take credit for it.

I think I did that too. laugh.gif

It's amazing how doing a search on Twitter, so many people treat him as a real insider and ask him for information on things. Come on, it's just some guy on Twitter.

This guy seems to get more respect from people than Eklund. Although Eklund epic failed on Sportsnet, we at least know he's not a 12 year old kid posting crap on Twitter.

I think I did that too. laugh.gif

It's amazing how doing a search on Twitter, so many people treat him as a real insider and ask him for information on things. Come on, it's just some guy on Twitter.

This guy seems to get more respect from people than Eklund. Although Eklund epic failed on Sportsnet, we at least know he's not a 12 year old kid posting crap on Twitter.

Eklund and him are both jokes but Eklund is 10 times more reliable than him.

Indeed.

He is still @NHLSourcesSay but changed the profile name to Hockey Insider. ^_^

Sharks finalize deal with Jamal Mayers, Wilson wanted a Malhotra replacement; "Mayers was the best left in the pool to do that" he says. about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Another signing that was broken by @NHLSourcessay today (Now made official on Sharks twitter)....people need to understand what rumors are....people expect every rumor to come true, its so sad.

Another signing that was broken by @NHLSourcessay today (Now made official on Sharks twitter)....people need to understand what rumors are....people expect every rumor to come true, its so sad.

Are you related to him or something you're taking this real personal. Any1 with any common sense can figure out this guys a bigger fraud than Eklund.

Well if he's really taking other peoples' reports and passing them off as his own AND blocking anybody who calls him on it as standard practice...

Failed again today...reported Kovy deal would go through and then it was rejected lol...

logo_bigger.jpgNHLSourcesSay The Kovalchuk case leak that was sent to me yesterday is in fact true! Devils/Kovy get contract reinstated. about 7 hours ago via web Retweeted by 34 people

I think this was the last straw for a lot of people that were giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's getting torn apart on Twitter.

FYI - He also said Mitchell is close to signing, and Washington and San Jose are front runners. While that's not an outrageous claim, common sense will tell you that Vancouver has the advantage, all things being equal (salary, term, etc).

I think he's set himself up for another failure on this one.

I think this was the last straw for a lot of people that were giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's getting torn apart on Twitter.

FYI - He also said Mitchell is close to signing, and Washington and San Jose are front runners. While that's not an outrageous claim, common sense will tell you that Vancouver has the advantage, all things being equal (salary, term, etc).

I think he's set himself up for another failure on this one.

He stole the Mitchell information from Murph. I've said all along this guys a joke and he showed that again today.

I wouldn't write off @nhlupdate as an invalid source.

He has been mentioned of breaking signings before, even by NHL.com. He also doesn't report rumours on that account, so if you

don't want any garbage and just want the news, then you can have it. @nhlrumor is an invalid source, but that doesn't mean @nhlupdate is invalid as well.

There is only proven news on that account. No reason it is not valid.

Just wanted to chime in.

Also, I would say another good valid account is Jay Gold, worth following for sure on twitter.

We should put this quote in the OP to forever immortalize it.

1. nsM2_normal.jpg NortonSports Client Bill Sweatt has joined his big brother Lee as a member of the #Canucks! Good luck guys 26 minutes ago via web Retweeted by andystrickland and 16 others

<li> logo_normal.jpg NHLSourcesSay Bill Sweat signs with Vancouver. 23 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Thats One...NICE TRY

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't write off @nhlupdate as an invalid source.

He has been mentioned of breaking signings before, even by NHL.com. He also doesn't report rumours on that account, so if you

don't want any garbage and just want the news, then you can have it. @nhlrumor is an invalid source, but that doesn't mean @nhlupdate is invalid as well.

There is only proven news on that account. No reason it is not valid.

Just wanted to chime in.

Also, I would say another good valid account is Jay Gold, worth following for sure on twitter.

Agreed. Very reliable.

@Jay_Gold_

Archived