261 replies to this topic

#181 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,337 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

Can you post a link to it? Never heard of it.

Here you go: https://twitter.com/#!/HockeyyInsiderr
Posted Image

#182 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Can you post a link to it? Never heard of it.

He's talking big deal. Guess we'll find out?

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Nash is very close to being traded to the #Flyers. The story involves SEVERAL big name players. Will have names tonight. NOT a done deal YET

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#183 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Canucks First-Line

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

He's talking big deal. Guess we'll find out?

Nash is very close to being traded to the #Flyers. The story involves SEVERAL big name players. Will have names tonight. NOT a done deal YET

Yeah it's kinda hard to make a call on the source. He says he worked for 4 NHL teams, but there's nothing to back that up. If you decide to remain anonymous, no one can verify your credentials really until you appear as a source on a legit media site, not just Twitter.

Posts like this: "For the #Flyers reporters/fans that follow me: Heard anything about Jeff Carter affair with Hartnell's wife?? #Rumor" leave me skeptical for sure.

I think for now I'd say no to using it as a source. Not until we have something to back it up as legitimate.

I'd known her for years. We used to go to all the police functions together. Ah, how I loved her, but she had her music. I think she had her music. She'd hang out with the Chicago Male Chorus and Symphony. I don't recall her playing an instrument or being able to carry a tune. Yet she was on the road 300 days of the year. In fact, I bought her a harp for Christmas. She asked me what it was.

Please read the Board Rules.

#184 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

All those rumours and stories seem too good to be true.

Edited by cs2016, 12 June 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#185 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

HockeyInsider

@HockeyyInsiderr Should be removed from the list, he has got alot of things right, I could go through credentials if you want, but since I've been following he has broke pretty much everything before TSN.

zackass.png

#186 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

@HockeyyInsiderr Should be removed from the list, he has got alot of things right, I could go through credentials if you want, but since I've been following he has broke pretty much everything before TSN.

Agreed, he nailed Prust to Montreal and Penner to LA, among a few others. And if what he says about Parise is true, I don't see why he should still be kept on the invalid list.

#187 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,419 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

From Twitter:

DarrenDreger
Not sure who's reporting...maybe @Eklund , but Brian Burke couldn't be more emphatic in saying Toronto is NOT in on Nash. As you were...

@Eklund. Sorry pal. Just talked to Dale Tallon and he says nothing has changed. Still talking with Van. Nothing imminent. High price.

Not to beat a dead horse but can we use this as proof to remove Eklund as a reliable source?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#188 Ryan Strome

Ryan Strome

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Yeah it's kinda hard to make a call on the source. He says he worked for 4 NHL teams, but there's nothing to back that up. If you decide to remain anonymous, no one can verify your credentials really until you appear as a source on a legit media site, not just Twitter.

Posts like this: "For the #Flyers reporters/fans that follow me: Heard anything about Jeff Carter affair with Hartnell's wife??
#Rumor" leave me skeptical for sure.

I think for now I'd say no to using it as a source. Not until we have something to back it up as legitimate.

Umm.......Eklund is anonymous, and btw no one seems to know his sources, strange.

Also Eklund has been brutal these last couple weeks. Infact DD from TSN kinda makes fun of him on tsn.ca

More, and more I think someone from the moderators team has ties to Ek. The way some mods defend him is just insane.

#189 Ryan Strome

Ryan Strome

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

From Twitter:

DarrenDreger
Not sure who's reporting...maybe @Eklund , but Brian Burke couldn't be more emphatic in sayi
ng Toronto is NOT in on Nash. As you were...

@Eklund. Sorry pal. Just talked to Dale Tallon and he says nothing has changed. Still talking with Van. Nothing imminent. High price.

Not to beat a dead horse but can we use this as proof to remove Eklund as a reliable source?

Lol

I guess you type faster. Anyway your post is bang on sir.

#190 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Canucks First-Line

• Super Moderators
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Umm.......Eklund is anonymous, and btw no one seems to know his sources, strange.

Also Eklund has been brutal these last couple weeks. Infact DD from TSN kinda makes fun of him on tsn.ca

More, and more I think someone from the moderators team has ties to Ek. The way some mods defend him is just insane.

The problem is you aren't addressing what I said in it's entirety.

"Yeah it's kinda hard to make a call on the source. He says he worked for 4 NHL teams, but there's nothing to back that up. If you decide to remain anonymous, no one can verify your credentials really until you appear as a source on a legit media site, not just Twitter."

Like it or not Eklund has appeared on Sportsnet and on other Sports Radio shows and is working with other legitimate hockey guys like Andy Strickland. Darren Dreger in the past has praised Eklund and now he's going the other direction.

No mod has any ties to anyone from the media as far as I know.

With social media sites it's very difficult to know if someone is legitimate unless they have some tie to a legitimate media outlet.

I'd known her for years. We used to go to all the police functions together. Ah, how I loved her, but she had her music. I think she had her music. She'd hang out with the Chicago Male Chorus and Symphony. I don't recall her playing an instrument or being able to carry a tune. Yet she was on the road 300 days of the year. In fact, I bought her a harp for Christmas. She asked me what it was.

#191 Ryan Strome

Ryan Strome

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

The problem is you aren't addressing what I said in it's entirety.

Like it or not Eklund has appeared on Sportsnet and on other Sports Radio shows and is working with other legitimate hockey guys like Andy Strickland. Darren Dreger in the past has praised Eklund and now he's going the other direction.

No mod has any ties to anyone from the media as far as I know.

With social media sites it's very difficult to know if someone is legitimate unless they have some tie to a legitimate media outlet.

Fair enough.

#192 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

https://twitter.com/...120560855629824

he is legit. he should be taken off of invalid sources list.
Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

#193 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'd have to agree, the fact that he's still on the list is absurd imo. He's called so many trades...

Posted Image

#194 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Trust him much more than Eklund

o08j21.jpg

Thanks for the sig Twilight Sparkle

#195 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,689 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

HockeyyInsiderr should be on the list and bolded for having such a terrible twitter handle.

#196 Number1Pick

Number1Pick

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

@ hockeyyinsiderr makes up too much bull at times
he's been calling Parise to Pittsburgh for days and days saying he's going to decide today, today, by tonight.
if he nails it, he'll go nuts and brags and say oh thanks to my followers for believing me.
if he doesn't, he'll ignore it.
Pittsburgh probably has the higher chance than Minny of landing ZP
Of course I can keep on saying the same
Russo just blasted him, if you guys follow him go check it out
& I might agree with Russo. where suter signs, Parise will then sign. Suter signs in Minny, Parise goes to Minny. Suter goes to Detroit, ZP Pittsburgh. ZP did say that he wants to play with Suter if possible, but I don't see it happening.
Follow me @ twitter.com/my604life for all hockey talk on draft day & FA.

#197 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 64,337 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

I think HockeyyInsiderr also got the 13 year Red Wings offered Suter right.

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-, 03 July 2012 - 10:33 PM.

Posted Image

#198 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

Jeff Angus = invalid source?

Posted Image

#199 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

With Parise and Suter both going to the Wild and Hockeyy Insiderr incorrectly predicting that Suter would go to the Wings and Parise to the Pens, Hockeyy Insiderr deserves to remain on the list for now at least.

#200 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

With Parise and Suter both going to the Wild and Hockeyy Insiderr incorrectly predicting that Suter would go to the Wings and Parise to the Pens, Hockeyy Insiderr deserves to remain on the list for now at least.

I don't even care if mainstream media acknoledges me when Parise announces #Pens signing tomorrow. The important thing is my followers know.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#201 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 64,337 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Eklund should be an invalid source.

So he reports that the Canucks are interested in Brule.

Then later.......

@News1130Sports
Johansson says the rumour that the #Canucks are interested in Brule - NOT TRUE!!!
Posted Image

#202 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Source: "Crosby is RAGING right now. Said he'll never talk to Parise again. Lied to him and to organization and broke promise." #Pens

The fact he's trying to explain means he's trying to cover his ass.

Posted Image

#203 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,207 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

how is samjam not on the list?
Lou 90% done to toronto,
will be announce by the trade or latest july 1st,
lou to florida done and confirmed.

the kid accidentally gets a couple things right and suddenly is legit despite the numerous incorrect and flat out BS reportings.

#204 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Canucks First-Line

• Super Moderators
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

how is samjam not on the list?
Lou 90% done to toronto,
will be announce by the trade or latest july 1st,
lou to florida done and confirmed.

the kid accidentally gets a couple things right and suddenly is legit despite the numerous incorrect and flat out BS reportings.

*Any Social Media Account that does not link back to a member of the media*

Sort of a blanket statement that covers it all, rather than listing out every single user on the board who creates a Twitter account.

#205 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Why is Eklund allowed?! ANY pole on this site shows a majority of people don't want him. Also any attempt to make an all purpose Eklund thread keeps getting locked. It is 100% clear and obvious one of the mods at least works for Hockeybuzz.

#206 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,207 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Sort of a blanket statement that covers it all, rather than listing out every single user on the board who creates a Twitter account.

sounds good, i just got confused by the specific twitter accounts that ARE on the list.

#207 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Why is Eklund allowed?! ANY pole on this site shows a majority of people don't want him. Also any attempt to make an all purpose Eklund thread keeps getting locked. It is 100% clear and obvious one of the mods at least works for Hockeybuzz.

100% agreed.

#208 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Canucks First-Line

• Super Moderators
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

sounds good, i just got confused by the specific twitter accounts that ARE on the list.

They were being listed out individually at first, but there are just too many to keep up with really.

#209 Number1Pick

Number1Pick

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

I think HockeyyInsiderr also got the 13 year Red Wings offered Suter right.

no, helen st. james reported it first

#210 Number1Pick

Number1Pick

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

@the_creasy is sort of borderline, thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.