263 replies to this topic

#211 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,685 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

Has anyone gone through all of Eklund's rumours leading up to the deadline to see how many he actually got right?

/curious face

Typing up "eklund predictions wrong" yields these two links:

http://eklundwatch.wordpress.com/ - debunks Eklund's predictions for 2010
http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/ - from 2009

From the 2nd link, I pulled this out:
http://www.kuklaskor...gwash_and_buzz/ - Mike Chen of Kukla's Korner breaks down Eklund's public predictions over the 2009 deadline, and found that his stats were as likely as chance to occur.

Of course, I haven't seen numbers in recent years, but I'm currently presenting a good (albeit outdated) reason as to why Eklund is no better than hockeyyinsiderr, samjam, or any other pretend analyst - his predictions that go public are successful no better than chance.

#212 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

If a little birdie told me that Luongo to the Panthers is "99% done," and it doesn't happen, am I a liar, or full of crap, or did the deal fall through? Sometimes things get to 99% done and don't get done.

#213 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

I don't think Bub McKenzie is around anymore.
Posted Image

#214 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

I propose that the "invalid sources" list, and the concept of an invalid source, be eliminated. I realize the admins/Canucks org. want people to be able to just read the thread titles and know with some reliability what is going on. Kind of like just reading the headlines. I posit that this is neither desirable nor worthwhile.

Edited by Buttock, 12 July 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#215 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

I propose that Eklund be removed as a reliable source.

As was pointed out, he has credible writers at his site. OK fine.

Should this mean he is credible? No it should not.

Eklund has been on twitter for some time and follows all the writers journalists and bloggers for all teams and local papers of all NHL cities, so he gets his information just like the rest of us, his predictions are baseless and if he is allowed as a source, then the floodgates should open and anyone should be allowed as a source.

#216 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

If a little birdie told me that Luongo to the Panthers is "99% done," and it doesn't happen, am I a liar, or full of crap, or did the deal fall through? Sometimes things get to 99% done and don't get done.

looking at your username, i'd go with option #2 :bigblush:

#217 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,203 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

I don't think Bub McKenzie is around anymore.

You never know.

307mg00.jpg

#218 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

Why is hockeyyinsiderr not seen as a credible source? This guy is more credible than anyone else in the rumour biz. People who say that "oh, he's just throwing crap to the wall to see what sticks" are not really interested in rumours, are they? They just want to know what's for sure going to happen.

Is it just because he's an anonymous twitter account? I know most mainstream journalists hate these guys because they are making journalists obsolete.

It would be nice for the admins to spell out how they arrive at these decisions.

#219 Number1Pick

Number1Pick

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

Why is hockeyyinsiderr not seen as a credible source? This guy is more credible than anyone else in the rumour biz. People who say that "oh, he's just throwing crap to the wall to see what sticks" are not really interested in rumours, are they? They just want to know what's for sure going to happen.

Is it just because he's an anonymous twitter account? I know most mainstream journalists hate these guys because they are making journalists obsolete.

It would be nice for the admins to spell out how they arrive at these decisions.

reason why i don't like him is he whines too much, he calls himself credible against these #tsnboys .
man. just check the accounts he follow. they're all sports radio stations and some credible media guys. he pieces the news together and throws out stuff. look, i can always say .. HEY DOAN IS GOING TO SIGN WITH IN TWO WEEKS #CONFIRMED .. (you better quote me on it) dude, what really ticks me off is when he takes these news and tweet "my sources tell me" -blah blah blah-
and seriously. think a "credible" insider has all this time to meet this source and that source and then meet up with web designer (oh so shocked about who the REAL man behind the anonymous account)? .. the guy is a joke. for all i know, a lot of people follow him for entertainment purposes. anyone that takes into his crap really needs to think about it.
his "dream team" as we all know is filled with non-reliable twitter accounts. it speaks volume of himself.
making a fake account/RTing the fake Jonathan Willis?
If he complains so much of "credibility" why don't he just DM one of those main stream media guys to explain his side? he wouldn't be getting flamed and such. his identity isn't that important. "insiders" like Dreger is well known and trusted because he doesn't hide behind a computer calling himself this and that saying how big of a genius/news breaker he is
its stupid enough to even mention his tweets but he gives us things to think about just because news has been going so sloooow lately.
Follow me @ twitter.com/my604life for all hockey talk on draft day & FA.

#220 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

@HockeyyInsiderr: VERY IMPORTANT Weber Info *EXCLUSIVELY* from #HockeyyInsiderr #WhoWantsIt? (Told u I'd monitor situation closely)

It's morning, so obvious more news is coming from the media...throws out some BS....

"The #Flyers put in the offer sheet because trade talks weren't advancing well and #NYRangers were closer than them to acquiring Weber #Preds"

"By putting this offer sheet #Flyers insure (at least for 1 year) that Weber will either suit up for them OR for #Preds (not4 division rival)"

Then says something that's been said by the media already...

"Holmgren HEAVILY front loaded deal (hearing close to 40M including signing bonuses for first 2 years!) 2make it difficult 4 #Preds 2match."

Finally, Nick Kypreos tweets the salary structure at 6:44am and at 6:47am he posts the same info:

"Exact offer from #Flyers: 110M 14 years. year 1-4: 14M per; yr5,6 12M per, year 7to 10 6Mper, year 11 3M per, last 3 years 1M per."

Posted Image

#221 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

“@HockeyyInsiderr: FYI @Darrendreger was reporting 100M+. I had EXACT figure 110M https://t.co/KcUEQaM7 Please RT the world needs 2know who broke this story.”

Lawlz
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#222 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

@HockeyyInsiderr: VERY IMPORTANT Weber Info *EXCLUSIVELY* from #HockeyyInsiderr #WhoWantsIt? (Told u I'd monitor situation closely)

It's morning, so obvious more news is coming from the media...throws out some BS....

"The #Flyers put in the offer sheet because trade talks weren't advancing well and #NYRangers were closer than them to acquiring Weber #Preds"

"By putting this offer sheet #Flyers insure (at least for 1 year) that Weber will either suit up for them OR for #Preds (not4 division rival)"

Then says something that's been said by the media already...

"Holmgren HEAVILY front loaded deal (hearing close to 40M including signing bonuses for first 2 years!) 2make it difficult 4 #Preds 2match."

Finally, Nick Kypreos tweets the salary structure at 6:44am and at 6:47am he posts the same info:

"Exact offer from #Flyers: 110M 14 years. year 1-4: 14M per; yr5,6 12M per, year 7to 10 6Mper, year 11 3M per, last 3 years 1M per."

LOL!! Just worked a night shift where I've been able to follow hockeyyinsiderr's antics since the Weber news broke, and I`ve been wildly amused all morning watching everyone and their dog make fun of this little puke. Dreger beat him to the punch and he`s just hating life now!
Posted Image
Canucks brass, send scouts out to Ptbo!

#223 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

“@HockeyyInsiderr: FYI @Darrendreger was reporting 100M+. I had EXACT figure 110M https://t.co/KcUEQaM7 Please RT the world needs 2know who broke this story.”

Lawlz

Pshh...

Darren Dreger reported "upwards of $100 million." He then takes an educated guess and tweets its $110 million.

Posted Image

#224 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Wasn't Gagner supposed to agree to a contract with the Oilers a couple of days ago? This guy just guesses and reposts other people's news. He cares more about his blog and dream team than he does about tweeting lies now.

#225 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

it IS laid right out, specifically:
Any Social Media Account that does not link back to a member of the media (including Twitter accounts of members of this message board).
he's not a member of the media, therefore he's not valid.

#226 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

https://twitter.com/...061628961718274

Cbus settled for Erixon.

#227 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Lol, I read somewhere that Eklund's accuracy rate is roughly 3%.
Posted Image

#228 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Lol, I read somewhere that Eklund's accuracy rate is roughly 3%.

And why should he be considered a valid source then?

#229 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

No clue.

Edited by marleau_12, 26 July 2012 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image

#230 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Probably beauase about only 3% of trades discussed by gm's actually go through.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#231 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,070 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Just a quick question, I know you guys don't like HockeyyInsiderr, but whenever he has #CONFIRMED, at the end of a rumoured trade/signing, it usually comes to fruition within 1-2 days. He just posted that the Canucks offered Arnott a 1 year, $1.2 million contract. So if he gets that right, will the mods even consider putting him on the valid list?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#232 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Just a quick question, I know you guys don't like HockeyyInsiderr, but whenever he has #CONFIRMED, at the end of a rumoured trade/signing, it usually comes to fruition within 1-2 days. He just posted that the Canucks offered Arnott a 1 year, $1.2 million contract. So if he gets that right, will the mods even consider putting him on the valid list?

I agree with this. But just because he wrote confirmed that doesnt mean he is going to sign the contract. All he claimed was that they offered a contract. And watch, if he doesn't sign, all the CDC spazes are gonna use that to say he's full of bs when in reality, he may have been right. But if he does sign for that amount, he should r considered "valid".

Edited by Mr Soprano, 02 August 2012 - 09:23 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#233 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Canucks First-Line

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

We only allow Twitter accounts or other social media accounts that link back to a member of the media. It's the only way to know for sure who is legitimate.

HockeyyInsidder piggybacks off legitimate members of the media, which has been proven by members many times now and he often doesn't give them credit for it, he just re-posts it as his own information.

In this specific case the Canucks interest in Arnott was already documented by a member of the media and confirmed by Arnott's agent.

So unless he can be linked back to the media in some way, no he won't be added as a source.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

#234 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

"@JamesBNHLNews: BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS. Canucks and Florida have a verbal agreement on a trade and will pull the trigger on the deal once they know"

"@JamesBNHLNews: Where Doan will sign. Canucks will also include Raymond in this deal and will shed a lot of cap."

"@InsiderLegit: @JamesBNHLNews <--- Has tweeted that Bjugstad will 99% be a Canuck and keeps reporting huge news. Follow him to see if he is legitimate."

2 more worms that are gaining followers
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#235 kyleunrau

kyleunrau

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

"@insiderlegit - Did you know that the Canucks were planning to submitt an offer for Nash involving Cory Scheinder, but found out they weren't on his list?"

Some "insider"... offer sheets are contract offers, not offers of players for a player. That would be a TRADE. I pointed this out to him and he deleted my response very quickly.

Edit: I responded to him again and he deleted it within 1 minute.

Edited by kyleunrau, 03 August 2012 - 03:24 PM.

Posted Image

#236 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

okay

Thx Pcuzz B)
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#237 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

No , You and your garbage made up hockeyinsider twatter account will be a legit source
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#238 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

"@InsiderLegit: Flyers are in desperation mode. They may overpay because other teams know this."

This is a hockey insider!
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#239 NucksBruins

NucksBruins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

"@InsiderLegit: Flyers are in desperation mode. They may overpay because other teams know this."

This is a hockey insider!

That's too bad. The Flyers need to enable "God mode" and avoid desperation mode.

The Hockeyyinsiderr crowd needs to understand a simple point about this kid. Anyone can do what he's doing, anyone. This isn't someone who works for a hockey team or has access to general managers and the like for information. If they allow that source, they would have to allow all Twitter accounts. I am not an Eklund fan either, would prefer he was seen as invalid, but the forum would be cluttered with endless and baseless rumors constantly if the rules were changed now.

All you need to do to become one of these "insiders" is look over depth charts, news websites and figure out likely destinations for players based on what each team needs and which players likely want out. That doesn't mean there is anything valid about their work to be seen as a legitimate source.
Posted Image

#240 CanucksCupHopes

CanucksCupHopes

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Lp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.