263 replies to this topic

#241 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

How is Eklund a valid source and not hockeyinsider? Doesn't make sense.

#242 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Well, reading the posts on the first page helps.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#243 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

http://www.dailydot....rview-identity/

#244 Prison Bull

Prison Bull

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

HockeyyInsiderr is a complete fraud. He has been caught lying several times and the 'proof' he shows is merely information available to anyone so motivated to find it. Consider him entertainment in a hockey news starved time. Anonymous 'insiders' are a dime a dozen. That said, HW has shown to be credible over the past decade from now defunct websites (CC).

#245 Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

HockeyyInsiderr is a complete fraud. He has been caught lying several times and the 'proof' he shows is merely information available to anyone so motivated to find it. Consider him entertainment in a hockey news starved time. Anonymous 'insiders' are a dime a dozen. That said, HW has shown to be credible over the past decade from now defunct websites (CC).

I think his name is Alexandre Desautels, but I'm only basing this on the fact that an administrator with the same name is on vestiaire.ca, a website which he claimed he was a contributor for on his twitter biography for a while. The same Alexandre Desautels is following hockeyyinsiderr on twitter, so I think this could be the guy. I did a quick check on Facebook/LinkedIn and he appears to be an IT guy.. But he did answer a few hockey related questions on his Facebook.
"You find that you have peace of mind when you know that it was a 100% effort you gave, win or lose." -Gordie Howe

#246 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

One of the mods/admin clearly work for hockeybuzz. Sad how none of them will do anything.

#247 PuckProphet

PuckProphet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Eklund and his sweet band of Buzzards get all the free beer they can drink from Moulson and is on the NHL's good side ..Curiously the lockout was a good thing for him..

#248 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

ty for that info....
Posted Image

#249 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Flame me if need be, but this is an HONEST question (really REALLY not trying to be a jerk)...

Why do we dictate what we can and can not post because they're from specific places?

Isnt this a message board, where people post things, then people talk about them?
I would think as long as you site the source, it shouldn't matter if its reputable or some new nobody.
You guys seem like taking two minutes to look at an non-reputable topic is a waste of your very existence (same with repeated threads). If youre spending all day on CDC anyway, what does it matter if you read something you dont believe?

Heck, you could still probably have a slightly meaningful conversation about "what-ifs", that is, if you weren't so busy brow beating people for posting something.

If it isnt cruel, harassment, inappropriate or offensive, why do we care what it is?
I guess i don't understand why were so strict about what we post. Is the internet going to run out of room or something? =P

Edited by Oregon Canucky, 14 March 2013 - 05:05 PM.

Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#250 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Flame me if need be, but this is an HONEST question (really REALLY not trying to be a jerk)...

Why do we dictate what we can and can not post because they're from specific places?

Isnt this a message board, where people post things, then people talk about them?
I would think as long as you site the source, it shouldn't matter if its reputable or some new nobody.
You guys seem like taking two minutes to look at an non-reputable topic is a waste of your very existence (same with repeated threads). If youre spending all day on CDC anyway, what does it matter if you read something you dont believe?

Heck, you could still probably have a slightly meaningful conversation about "what-ifs", that is, if you weren't so busy brow beating people for posting something.

If it isnt cruel, harassment, inappropriate or offensive, why do we care what it is?
I guess i don't understand why were so strict about what we post. Is the internet going to run out of room or something? =P

Simple, here's an example; if an invalid source says the Sedins have been traded for Crosby and Malkin, and a legit source says the trade never happened, do you believe the invalid source is right, or the legit source? Common sense says believe the legit source is right.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 21 March 2013 - 11:18 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#251 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,833 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

HockeyyInsiderr tweeted this

Posted ImageHockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr16h
#BREAKING: Some oral work done on Crosby's teeth, but no broken jaw/bone. He is expected to be in lineup for #Pens next game.

Thought this was funny. The NHL and Pens reported the exact opposite !

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#252 canucks#01fan

canucks#01fan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

Eklund shoyld be banished!
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for avatar

#253 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

After watching the video of the Mike Gillis media scrum on the first page and then reading the way that Jason Botchford and the Province tried to spin it into a negative 'ultimatum' melodrama-I'd like to nominate the Vancouver Province for the consideration of the editorial staff here for inclusion to the 'invalid sources' list.

I think they've earned their inclusion to the list the old fashioned way; through years of irresponsible and relentlessly negative and sensational team coverage.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#254 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

After watching the video of the Mike Gillis media scrum on the first page and then reading the way that Jason Botchford and the Province tried to spin it into a negative 'ultimatum' melodrama-I'd like to nominate the Vancouver Province for the consideration of the editorial staff here for inclusion to the 'invalid sources' list.

I think they've earned their inclusion to the list the old fashioned way; through years of irresponsible and relentlessly negative and sensational team coverage.

I agree the province should not be above anyone on the boards here their articles are blatant trolling ala Jason BOTCHford.I mean frack I can go to McDonald's tomorrow and read their crappy sports section for free.......far from credible if you ask me.
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#255 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,926 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Eklund shoyld be banished!

Agreed. Can he at least be put into a subforum so his bile doesn't get confused for actual news?

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#256 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

ATTENTION:

Giving any attention to invalid sources just feeds the trolls...

tumblr_m9hjp8vrqX1reh8b2o1_250.gif

Once, on vacation,  using only a rake and a pair of sunglasses,

I single-handedly defended a small village in Italy from a colony of angry wasps. :ph34r:

#257 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Honestly I don't see why Eklund should be placed on the invalid list. He does link back to a member of the media so I can see why the mods have him on there. So I don't see any reason for you guys to have any problems with that and if you don't want to see Eklund rumors don't come here
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#258 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,908 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Read the 2nd post.

307mg00.jpg

#259 GarthButcher5

GarthButcher5

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Honestly I don't see why Eklund should be placed on the invalid list. He does link back to a member of the media so I can see why the mods have him on there. So I don't see any reason for you guys to have any problems with that and if you don't want to see Eklund rumors don't come here

Actually you are quite wrong. If you want Eklund's rumours, go to Eklund,

#260 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Actually you are quite wrong. If you want Eklund's rumours, go to Eklund,

You aren't Garth Butcher! give him his name back!

#261 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,451 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

If "a little birdy" is a valid source, then yes, Eklund 'rumours' are worth posting.

#262 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

Simple, here's an example; if an invalid source says the Sedins have been traded for Crosby and Malkin, and a legit source says the trade never happened, do you believe the invalid source is right, or the legit source? Common sense says believe the legit source is right.

I don't think you really answered the question, or got it.

#263 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

@KThakur20 should be considered a valid source.

;)
Posted Image

#264 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,908 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

https://twitter.com/IanEsplen

Invalid source?

307mg00.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.