The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My Canucks Tattoo

Nucks1619

Can I just say... this thread has been the highlight of my week. I haven't laughed so hard throughout a work day for years. Wow. I just want to personally thank everyone on CDC who has contributed to this thread. I really very nearly pissed myself and the accountant in the office next to me rushed in to see if I was choking once because I was trying to hold the laugh in my armpit.

I've checked back into this thread a few times today, and I've never enjoyed viewing this forum more than now (a 25 C degrees mid-summer non-hockey day).

The poor guy who posted this picture has gone into hiding I think. Mate, there comes a time when a man must learn important things about life. When a girl first makes love to you, when the Canucks first win the stanley cup, and when you ignore the advice of everyone around you telling you that just the idea of that tattoo is akin to a permanent chastity belt... you learn and grow. I think the best advice you can take now is to remove that hodgepodge of rainbow ink strewn across your chest via laser. Save up, it will be the best investment you'll ever undertake. Tattoos, unless personal and meaningful, are better left in fantasy than on skin, because as you mature, you will hate that blemish for always making people think you are still a teenager.

Best wishes, and thank you for making my week CDC. Classic.

Why the hell is the middle jersey an assistant captain one? Why not a captain jersey? Why is that the only one with a letter? Why, if only one jersey has a letter would it be an A?? Did you put any thought into this or did you just buy a tattoo gun and tell your little bro to go crazy on your chest?

grown adults with canuck color bedrooms, tattoos, ect are living in a dreamworld. I use hockey to escape reality. you people have no reality to escape. Snap out of it. your not a fan your crazy

I really hope he likes it, and if he does then great for him. He shouldn't care what people think.

But I hope for him it's not one of those spur of the moment things where you think it's great then a few days later, weeks, years, whatever the case is, you end up regretting it big time. Laser removal is probably very expensive, and I'm sure it leaves a noticeable mark where your tattoo was.

I wonder if his parents approved of that. Maybe they don't even know. If I did that when I was 15, or now even, my dad would beat my donkey.

Most tattoos are ugly. They really only look good on women if it's a little flower or something like that. Personally, I would never ever get one.

• 6 months later...

I made an account just to post here, The tattoo Idea itself isn't a bad one, however the placement is dumb as it makes a horrible chest tattoo, it would have looked 100% better on your back, the actual artwork itself looks like it was done in some scratchers basement, I sincerely hope you did not pay for it, if you did, I would sue, find a better artist, or have it removed.

I want to bite my tongue and tell you its great and whatever makes you happy but..

yikes!

As a designer it offends my sensibilities. It is wrong on so many levels.

The jerseys are all different sizes. Especially noticeable the two on either side that frame the others. Not consistent.

The colours clash. Of course that's a result of the dismal record of logos this team has had to endure, so I guess you can't avoid that if you wanted this idea, but there are ways to feature just one of your favorites with the others in the background or something.

The amateurish job. Looks like something done by a kid. The lettering in particular has no flair, no style and is uneven. With a tattoo you shouldn't be wondering if the lettering was drawn on with a magic marker by a 12 year old.

Finally the design itself. Empty jerseys? hmmm what does that mean? To me it highlights how the Canucks have been so scatter-brained about identity over their history. To someone who doesn't watch hockey, or is from some American city, they probably think its a selection of a few different teams. Nowhere does it say "Canucks". And what is with the toilet paper running in between? Is that supposed to be a take on the white towel?

Anyways, sorry to be hard on you, if you are still reading this thread. If you like it, and others seem to as well, then good for you. Enjoy it. I do applaud your dedication and fandom. One day you may want to consider laser removal. There may be a day in say 5 years, after 2 or 3 Stanley Cups, when Canucks are on a rebuild and they are near the bottom again, when the time is right. ;)

Archived