The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discuss Everything & Anything Cell Phone Here

_Kick_Save_

I have the original Iphone from 2008 and I loved it so much I still use it till today but I think I am in need of a new phone and was wondering if the Iphone 4 was worth it or if getting the 3gs would be smart. Also all of my family and friends, have blackberrys and was wondering if getting the Bold 9700 would be the better phone. help?

ive seen the iphone 4 my cuzin in seattle has it. imo its pretty awesome but 780 for the 32 gb is a STEEP price.. if you wana get a plan with it i think its 300. i have the iphone 3gs and the black berry 9000 and i like em both. i would suggest iphone 4 before the others but blackberry bfore the 3gs

I heard the Iphone 4 was pretty brutal reception wise and Im not into paying a crap load of money, to only be able to hold the phone a certain way. also all of my family and friends just rave about the 9700 but ive never seen what is so great about blackberry.

I heard the Iphone 4 was pretty brutal reception wise and Im not into paying a crap load of money, to only be able to hold the phone a certain way. also all of my family and friends just rave about the 9700 but ive never seen what is so great about blackberry.

Well, if you intend to contract in...

Blackberry 9700 - Blackberries are wicked over-rated. Most people that like it either are not very tech savvy or have very basic basic needs (email / text). It's worthless for anything else. -- I'd avoid this entirely (not to mention the 9800 is coming out soon anyways).

iPhone 4 is wildly over-rated. If you've had a 3GS the speeds on it are perfectly fine. The 4G is faster and has a front facing camera, but since that's not really the norm yet it's not like you can do facetime chat often anyways (not to mention you want to use it on WiFi). NETWORK speed wise, it's exactly the same as the 3GS (disappointing!!!). The cameras are slightly better quality and have an LED flash -- overall though, it's not really worth it.

3GS is still top notch right now and you can probably get a free phone if you contract in or buy one dirt cheap online, probably $280->$350 for one. Maybe even cheaper when 4 launches.

Overall,

I would NOT get the iPhone 4 UNLESS you intend to re-sell it to some fan boy with too much money on their hands. The antenna problem is widely over-rated, but the realism is that the phone does not only NOT support the full current network infrastructure of the cellular companies, but it also won't support the new network coming within a year (LTE) -- if anything the iPhone 5 is the one to get . It seems senseless to 3-year into a contract for a phone that's a marginal "upgrade" over the 3GS + lacks true network compatibility.

3GS: I'd never contract into a carrier for this phone, but I would buy it online outright. If you intend to contract in anyways just do the above -- buy and re-sell.

Blackberry: Nothing to discuss here, don't touch this. It's for poser business men and text-only women, who have never stepped outside the box.

Well, if you intend to contract in...

Blackberry 9700 - Blackberries are wicked over-rated. Most people that like it either are not very tech savvy or have very basic basic needs (email / text). It's worthless for anything else. -- I'd avoid this entirely (not to mention the 9800 is coming out soon anyways).

iPhone 4 is wildly over-rated. If you've had a 3GS the speeds on it are perfectly fine. The 4G is faster and has a front facing camera, but since that's not really the norm yet it's not like you can do facetime chat often anyways (not to mention you want to use it on WiFi). NETWORK speed wise, it's exactly the same as the 3GS (disappointing!!!). The cameras are slightly better quality and have an LED flash -- overall though, it's not really worth it.

3GS is still top notch right now and you can probably get a free phone if you contract in or buy one dirt cheap online, probably $280->$350 for one. Maybe even cheaper when 4 launches.

Overall,

I would NOT get the iPhone 4 UNLESS you intend to re-sell it to some fan boy with too much money on their hands. The antenna problem is widely over-rated, but the realism is that the phone does not only NOT support the full current network infrastructure of the cellular companies, but it also won't support the new network coming within a year (LTE) -- if anything the iPhone 5 is the one to get . It seems senseless to 3-year into a contract for a phone that's a marginal "upgrade" over the 3GS + lacks true network compatibility.

3GS: I'd never contract into a carrier for this phone, but I would buy it online outright. If you intend to contract in anyways just do the above -- buy and re-sell.

Blackberry: Nothing to discuss here, don't touch this. It's for poser business men and text-only women, who have never stepped outside the box.

Got the iPhone 4 unlocked 32GB last week on Ebay for only $900.

I'm planning on going to Oakridge Mall to buy 2 more iPhones to resell them.

Many people are already doing this.

Only $900? 2utgv3d.gif

Yo other people are selling the 32GB right now on ebay for $1300 +++

Reasons why? Because everywhere is sold out. The iPhone 4 is high demand.

If I was going to buy it, I would wait until it's released on the Apple Store. That is just retarded, especially for a phone.

Archived