The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discuss Everything & Anything Cell Phone Here

_Kick_Save_

I'm gonna go see about the HTC Wildfire this week. I don't know if it's available in Canada or not but it looks like it'll do everything I want a phone to do. I want to go in store just to see if it's as good as it looks.

HTC-Wildfire-Virgin-UK-Android-21.jpg

I would get a Blackberry. That's what I'm getting once my phone's contract is up.

Lol I got my Rogers Sony Ericsson k850i like 3 years ago almost, but it broke last year in March...so I've been using a phone a friend gave me since then. When my 3 year contract is up..whenever that is, I'm switching to Fido and getting a 'berry.

BBM is awesome. Lol most of my buddies have BB's. It's just the way to go for me.

I would get a Blackberry. That's what I'm getting once my phone's contract is up.

Lol I got my Rogers Sony Ericsson k850i like 3 years ago almost, but it broke last year in March...so I've been using a phone a friend gave me since then. When my 3 year contract is up..whenever that is, I'm switching to Fido and getting a 'berry.

BBM is awesome. Lol most of my buddies have BB's. It's just the way to go for me.

Question:

Should I let my contract run out (June 2011) and hope I can score big with retentions or should I re-up to a 3 year contract (really only +2 years) and get a Blackberry Torch for $50 (I can sell my current BB easily for $50)?

This is the current student deal being offered for $50:

Choose a Feature

UNLIMITED MY5 Canada-wide Talk/ Extreme Text/ Picture&Video Messaging4

OR

UNLIMITED Local Calling to/from Rogers Wireless, Rogers Home Phone or Fido® customers2

OR

Double Your Minutes (Equals 400)9

OR

5 pm Early Evening Calling

Evenings & Weekends

UNLIMITED evenings and weekends from 9PM8

Bonus Features(Available at NO EXTRA CHARGE)

Features Included:

UNLIMITED Messaging (Sent & Received Extreme Text, Picture/Video Messages)10

UNLIMITED Local Calling for 3 months

Plus:

Call Waiting

Group Calling

Call Forwarding7

Additional Opt-In Features:

Who Called™

Call Manager™

Drawback is no Call ID but I think I could argue it for free. I'd also try and get a $10 monthly credit (currently have a $5 one).

Thoughts?

Why do you plan on switching to Fido? If you're currently on Rogers you can just wh*re retentions to get a pretty good contract.

Unfortunately when you elect to use your eligible hardware upgrade you need to re-up to a new 3 year contract.

I picked one up last Saturday. All I have to say is amazing. It does not have a camera on the front, so no video talking like the IPhone4. The resolution on the screen is sightly worse than the IPhone4, but you probably won't notice the difference. The touch screen is faster and more responsive than the IPhone 4.

It also has android. Android is open source so anyone can design an app for it, while IPhone only lets you use apple aps. The selection of free aps for the Android is astounding and the phone is much more customizable. You don't get to go around saying you have an IPhone though.

Archived