The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discuss Everything & Anything Cell Phone Here

_Kick_Save_

So I'm looking at getting a new smart phone for this christmas this year. I will be using the phone for calls, texting, basic browsing, email, facebook, twitter etc. The current phone I've got is 4 years old and very outdated so anything is going to be a signifigant upgrade, however there are three phones I've got in mind and am trying to compare (currently with Bell):

1. HTC EVO 4G
  2. Samsung Galaxy S
  3. Apple Iphone 4G

If anyone has any of these could you just post a quick message and let me know if you like it not? Also, does anyone know of any good ones other than these (other than the Torch which I've heard isn't very good)?

I've got the Samsung Captivate on Rogers and I quite like it.

Screen is GORGEOUS and I'd say the advantages over the iphone are: expandable memory, no itunes (unless you like that sort of thing,....I don't), the aforementioned screen, standard micro USB charger, Google Maps, Swype texting, Flash support, video format support and battery life.

Iphone has an arguably better OS and apps. I haven;t directly compared but possibly slightly better camera too though I've seen opposing views for both phones on this.

I think it's superior even if only slightly.

I hear ya...women can be....ummm... difficult at times. If you don't mind it not being a surprise you could try discussing it with her and explain that by many accounts you've been getting information it's actually a better smart phone AND it's actually available etc.

If she's one of those morons trendy people who look at their phones as more of a status symbol / piece of electronic jewelery though you may be poop out of luck.

No offense, but is she in Grade 8? I thought the having to have what the other kids had, just because the other kids have one and you don't want to be the kid that doesn't have one, was something people matured out of.

Iphones are nice, so are blackberries, Android phones, and W7 phones. The reality is most people won't do anything more than phone, text, a bit of web browsing, and go to their facebook on their smartphone. Some video watching or email well. All the phones do those things. When someone wants a specific one because their friends have it, it is trend related...

Of course, a person could get a nice Android phone + a diamond ring or earings for under the cost of the Iphone...

No offense? Wish I could say none taken.

Well then I guess she wants to be like her friends, shame on her.

I'll go home and straighten her out, you must be different just for the sake of being different.

Now stop listening to top 40 music and get into all of these indie bands!!!

Being different from the norm is now the norm. That's the trend.

IMO - the iPhone has the easiest UI to 'pick up and use'... there isn't a learning curve like with other phones.

My lady is the same about the iPhone... I got here to look at all other phones offered, but she keeps wanting the iPhone.

From one man to another... just get her the iPhone... she'll be happy, so you'll be happy. No point in adding frustration in here 'trying' to learn a new phone and UI.

No offense? Wish I could say none taken.

Well then I guess she wants to be like her friends, shame on her.

I'll go home and straighten her out, you must be different just for the sake of being different.

Now stop listening to top 40 music and get into all of these indie bands!!!

Being different from the norm is now the norm. That's the trend.

Archived