The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discuss Everything & Anything Cell Phone Here

_Kick_Save_

IMO - the iPhone has the easiest UI to 'pick up and use'... there isn't a learning curve like with other phones.

My lady is the same about the iPhone... I got her to look at all other phones offered, but she keeps wanting the iPhone.

From one man to another... just get her the iPhone... she'll be happy, so you'll be happy. No point in adding frustration in here 'trying' to learn a new phone and UI.

That was my response to your comment below:

Stop twisting comments around.

Ya know I don't judge people by the clothes they wear or the car they drive, what phone they have etc.

If she gets a different phone than her friends are other people going to notice and say "Whoa look at that chick she has a different phone! She's not trendy at all"

It's like people listening to music that isn't trendy it's all indie, just so they can claim hey look at me I'm cool cause I'm different.

Blah you guys have some twisted ways at looking at things.

Really don't need your panties in a bunch. It is just kind of funny how everything you described pretty much defined her want for the iphone as trendy, yet you insisted it wasn't. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and desperately denies it is a duck, it is undoubtedly a duck.

So just get her an iphone so the other girls don't exclude her from sitting with them at lunch time.

Here's some helpful info.

Apple is very strict about their pricing with their products. If you are ever going to find a deal.. it'll be somewhere like Future Shop/Best Buy etc. because they are able to offer gift cards or products from their store.

While if you buy directly from a mobile provider (Telus, Bell, Rogers, Fido), the pricing will always be the same and with no promos.

Future Shop/Best Buy can do renewals and activations just like a mobile provider but you have a **chance** of a promo to go with it.

Honestly...what's more likely?

A) Despite looking at the facts that she ONLY wants an arguably inferior, more expensive and less available product based solely on the fact her friends all have one that we're all in fact, wrong.

or....

B)You're judgment of her being clouded by your feelings for her is not allowing you to see that wanting a product for the reason noted above she's being trendy and feels the need to get said productive to feel inclusive with her peers.

It's not a big deal man, LOT's of people do it (or the iphone wouldn't be so damn popular). And it doesn't make her a bad person or anything.

I'm sure other major languages will be added. And for an innovative and actually useful app like that, it isn't a big cost. The cost to develop an app is actually huge. If Microsoft made it, it would $199 for the base version and several premium or ultimate versions with prices up to $399...

IMO - the iPhone has the easiest UI to 'pick up and use'... there isn't a learning curve like with other phones.

My lady is the same about the iPhone... I got her to look at all other phones offered, but she keeps wanting the iPhone.

From one man to another... just get her the iPhone... she'll be happy, so you'll be happy. No point in adding frustration in here 'trying' to learn a new phone and UI.

Are you a student? I think Telus is offering a 55 dollar student plan that includes 1GB of data.

They sure are.

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/BC/plans/student40.shtml

* Offer valid until December 31, 2010, for students with valid student identification activating or renewing on a 3 year service agreement only (or 2 year service agreement with INQ phone (in-store only)). Prices are subject to change without notice. Pricing and availability may vary.

If that plan had Caller ID, I would most definitely try and switch to it.

Archived