Hey guys so I'm kind of making an implusive decision and I needed some reassurance that I'm not making a stupid move.
Currently I pay $40 on a month-to-month contract with Bell (w/tax) and receive unlimited incoming calls and texts,250 outgoing minutes, 2500 outgoing texts and call display.
Tommorow I'm considering:
- buying a 2 week old unlocked Blackberry Bold 9700 (mint) for $285
- switching to a $51 month-to-month conract with Koodo (w/tax) to receive unlimited incoming calls, unlimited texting,300 anytime minutes ,call display, and a Blackberry Social add-on (BBM, Facebook etc)
Rationally does this seem like a good deal? I basically want to ensure:
Thanks for any input, cheers.
- I'm getting the phone for a decent price
- That everything will work technically
- I'm getting good value for my dollar regarding the combo of calling, texting, and social networking
- That Koodo doesnt suck
For 51$ you'd be better off going to Rogers or Fido. You'll get pretty much everything you've asked for, along with a reasonable amount of data. If I were you, I'd probably keep looking around. And why are you paying 285$ for the blackberry? If you're getting a plan, especially a data plan, you'll be able to get a brand new phone for cheaper!