The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breast feeding in public

McMillan

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So there are a couple of articles on breast feeding in public in the Sun today and in both instances I think the women involved are completely over reacting. They weren't discriminated against. Not everyone wants to view a child breast feeding and in one she was just asked to cover up. Honestly, how difficult is that? No one has told them they can't breast feed just to do it with some decency. So what's your opinion on the matter of breast feeding in public?

The articles:

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Breastfeeding+pursue+complaint+after+driver+tells+cover/3375287/story.html

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Lactating+activists+milked/3375295/story.html

Just proves that in BC there are still squares who seem to be at odds with anything nether regions....and that there are rebels without a clue that make protests here in BC a laughingstock.

Breast-feeding moms should be sensitive to the squares...and pick there places.

The squares....if they dont like it...stop ogling the fricking milk boobies and the babies that feed on them, and walk away, pretty damned simple resolution.

Sometimes British Columbians drives me bonkers.

Just proves that in BC there are still squares who seem to be at odds with anything nether regions....and that there are rebels without a clue that make protests here in BC a laughingstock.

The squares....if they dont like it...stop ogling the fricking milk boobies and the babies that feed on them, and walk away, pretty damned simple resolution.

I think discomfort and awkwardness with it is indicative of the emotional and sexual frigidity of some people. Oh no, nipples, I'm offended... Mature people can handle public breastfeeding and remain unfazed. Try not to stare, please.

If women walked around with their boobs hanging out at the same rate men go topless, especially in summer, we would all be desensitized in a week. That would be the ideal effect. Same thing with breastfeeding. Sometimes a baby is in public and it needs to eat. Get used to it.

Why the need to call people who want them to cover up squares? Being naked is a perfectly normal thing yet it is socially unacceptable how is this any different? How is it different for me to go swimming naked at English Bay from a mother openly breast feeding on English Bay. Both are natural. By your standard neither should be deemed indecent so what's the difference here that I'm missing?

Its like that naked old dude that was in the Pride Parade....where there were tens of thousands of people watching.

I was with a pair of girls at the parade..and one of them turned away and lit a ciggie because she didnt want to watch "old balls".

Pretty simple solution, i reckon.

People can do the same if they happen to see someone breastfeeding...and i think you glossed over the part where i said that additionally...mothers really should pick their places, because there are people that are still square to the concept.

I get what you're saying but, I'm sick of having socail norms and rules shaped by the unenlightened, immature, and puritanical among us. People who are uncomfortable with themselves and within their own skin are telling us what to be comfortable and uncomfortable with. Bizarro World!

Archived