The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breast feeding in public

McMillan

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do it discreetly and I have no problem with it. There are plenty of changerooms or bathrooms a mother can use. I see it disrespectful to everyone else if someone breasfeeds in public and gets mad if anyone looks.

It's not an issue that it IS legal, thats a crappy arguement to say its a right. Burping loudly at the table is my right. Farting super loudly in a crowded movie theater is legal. You bet your donkey those same women would frown upon that. yeah I compared faring and burping to breast feeding in public. Point is people don't do it because its considered disrespectful..... except that fat guy with a large coke and a couple burritos

Yes, somehow gay rights are the same thing as having women consider those around them while breast feeding. Women ask that others consider their baby's needs, while they ignore the concerns and considerations of others. This isn't discrimination at all.

Awesome.

F@cking leftarded morons.

No um not I'm saying that but your saying because she is a mother she doesn't need to show people courtesy? There is plently things that I do to show courtesy that j don't need to do and others do that has been said over and over in this thread but people don't get it.

Do it discreetly and I have no problem with it. There are plenty of changerooms or bathrooms a mother can use. I see it disrespectful to everyone else if someone breasfeeds in public and gets mad if anyone looks.

It's not an issue that it IS legal, thats a crappy arguement to say its a right. Burping loudly at the table is my right. Farting super loudly in a crowded movie theater is legal. You bet your donkey those same women would frown upon that. yeah I compared faring and burping to breast feeding in public. Point is people don't do it because its considered disrespectful..... except that fat guy with a large coke and a couple burritos

Seriously you're just not getting it. I understand that it is in the mothers right to breast feed to her heart desire. That is all good and true but what is also is true is some people are uncomfortable with it. The polite thing to do would be to use discretion to the best of your ability to what is reasonable. This isn't a legal issue it's a respect issue. If you cannot understand that then there isn't much else left to say. So what if I was raised by prudes, it's how I was raised and you have no right in forcing me to accept your mentality however if you'd just kindly say "sorry but I believe it's natural and I'm allowed to do this so I'm exercising my right" then it'd be left at that. Sure I'd be pissed and think of you as a jack donkey but that's all there'd be to it.

People won't always view things through your eyes just as you won't view things through theirs therefore if you want to be respected when something another does that bothers you the best method is to show respect towards others.

No um not I'm saying that but your saying because she is a mother she doesn't need to show people courtesy? There is plently things that I do to show courtesy that j don't need to do and others do that has been said over and over in this thread but people don't get it.

Another winning post. Well said.

As said by myself and many others before, it's not a legality issue. Nor is it a discriminatory issue. Nor should it be a human rights issue. Nor is it even a debate on whether nudity in public is right or wrong.

It's a public courtesy issue.

:HYPNOTOAD:

Look, do us a favour.

Either finish up with your number 2 or post. Please stop continuing to seemingly do both.

Your futile attempt at multi-tasking has clearly affected your ability to type and probably pinch one off at the same time. Typing for sure.

Thanks, from all of us, oh and do wash up.

You are such a self interested gimp that you can't see the forest for the trees.

Do you not understand that there are WAY more people out there that object to gay people having rights than object to public breast feeding?

So go ahead, change the law to stop public breast feeding. You just opened the door to having the closet door slammed firmly in your face again.

First of all, as said many, many, many times before here in this topic, I have stated that I have no problem with nudity - therefore, I don't have problem with breast feeding.

But I do understand that there are others who may/may not be uncomfortable with it, and therefore mothers should be courteous in a public environment. It's not an argument of discrimination nor a legality one nor a human rights one. It's about public courtesy.

Secondly, gay rights laws are more aligned with the laws that prevent racism but certainly NOT issues revolving around public courtesy. I can understand how some people might have issues with two men french kissing each other in public as if it were some act they were doing in the bedroom just as how people might also have issues with a straight couple doing the same act. Public courtesy.

You're the one who can grasp this simple and rational concept of public courtesy without mingling it with discrimination and human rights.

Actually if you would care to read the origin of this thread, it is in deed a human rights issue.

I don't care what you consider public decency. That is your opinion. Where the line is crossed is when you try and force your opinion on others. Which is exactly what you are trying to do. If I don't want to see a straight or gay couple making out on a park bench, I don't watch. Simple as that. I don't start to shout "get a room".

But you really still don't understand the issue I was trying to get you to think about. It doesn't matter what you think about public breast feeding. As much as you think your opinion does matter, it doesn't. So your only solution is to lobby to have the laws changed. Have fun on your slippery slope.

Oh LTF, you devil you. Wait, that doesn't count.

Do you like breasts? Do you approve of indecent exposure such as publicly feeding an infant?

DEVIL!!

What do we do now? Throw your weighted body in a pond and see if you float like a witch? Or skip ahead to the tar and feathering?

Actually if you would care to read the origin of this thread, it is in deed a human rights issue.

I don't care what you consider public decency. That is your opinion. Where the line is crossed is when you try and force your opinion on others. Which is exactly what you are trying to do. If I don't want to see a straight or gay couple making out on a park bench, I don't watch. Simple as that. I don't start to shout "get a room".

But you really still don't understand the issue I was trying to get you to think about. It doesn't matter what you think about public breast feeding. As much as you think your opinion does matter, it doesn't. So your only solution is to lobby to have the laws changed. Have fun on your slippery slope.

Archived