The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breast feeding in public

McMillan

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know what is gross though?

I work at a pool, and we have no authority to tell a woman that she isn't allowed to breastfeed in the pool. Go ahead and do it off in the seating area if you want, but nobody wants to see breastmilk floating around in the pool. Sadly, this has occured.

Denying children nutrition is all banning it does. It's natural. You can always look away.

My niece has a beautiful baby girl, and she's being breastfed. In fact my niece started feeding her in the living room on Christmas Day. No one said a word, and no one needed to. Her daughter was hungry, and that was that.

I still don't get what the big deal is.

Denying children nutrition is all banning it does. It's natural. You can always look away.

My niece has a beautiful baby girl, and she's being breastfed. In fact my niece started feeding her in the living room on Christmas Day. No one said a word, and no one needed to. Her daughter was hungry, and that was that.

I still don't get what the big deal is.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women

It is illegal to discriminate against a woman because she may become pregnant, is pregnant, or has a baby. Nursing mothers have the right to breastfeed their children in a public area, and it is discriminatory to ask them to cover up or breastfeed somewhere else.

http://www.ag.gov.bc.ca/human-rights-protection/pdfs/SexDiscrimination&Harassment.pdf

Archived