The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breast feeding in public

McMillan

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't encourage learing by being discrete. And no you don't have to run into the bathroom. I have seen plenty of women that are pretty good at it. I am betting some don't give a damn though. It's the latter that have their rights just as protected, though it should be noted that social consequences of that might be unconfortable. That's been my point.

Is that such a hard concept to grab? The majority of people that responded feel that it's fine so long as they "cover up". What that is can be up for interpretation but I am fairly sure so long as there is an effort made we will all be fine.

Oh well, as long as as you don't mind it then...because all rights should exist and people should be free to exercise those rights based on whether people mind or not...

Do you see how small minded that comment and perhaps your thought process is? Do you mind if Gay people get married or just as long as you don't have to hear about it? Do you mind that men and women are equal in the workplace, or just when those women aren't competing with you for a job? Do you mind that people can worship freely, or is just when they don't do it publicly or it's not your brand of god delusion? Did you mind it when you're mother was treated as a second class citizen who was made to feel shameful and had to scurry into a bathroom to feed your narrow-minded donkey? Do you mind if women assert a little control over their biological duties of feeding their babies, or are you a guy and so, that stuff doesn't really matter to you anyways, cause you'll never have to make that decision or feel the judging eyes of society on you and so, never be able to empathize with a woman who have people telling her what they mind her doing and not doing, like she's just cattle, good enough to drink and grow strong from but too dumb to know what's good for her or her baby?

I hope you don't mind me saying.....

you all need to grow up. It hjas been proven that babies that are breast fed end up learning at a faster pace. Breast feeding is normal here. My bestfriends wife does it in front of us all the time. No big deal. Natural thing and I am glad she cares about her baby enough to do it when the baby is hungry and not care about idiots, like some on this board, and try and find a place to hide or sit in a disgusting and unsanitary toilet.

Well, it's just that I'm on the sidelines watching this amazing e-fight between a guy named after the move Bret Hart made famous and an engineer CDCing at work. Then, out of nowhere, someone decides to launch into a tirade and make a post worthy of a tl;dr that has about no relevance to breastfeeding.

:frantic::frantic:

How the hell would someone get something sexual out of that? Sure it's a boob but there's a kid attached to it. Who in this modern internet age isn't desentised to boobs anyways?

Doesn't mean it's not something that compels you to want to look while at the same time look away. Hence my talk about discretion, it works better if both parties strive for it. If one side doesn't well then why should the other try?

What one is allowed to do and what one should do and what reaction one should expect should they choose to do so are what this whole thing is about!

Of course you CAN do any of those things much like I can choose not to bathe and live exclusively off of garlic, doesn't mean I should expect the odd negative reaction should I choose to do so.

As for the benefits of women going topless all the time one need only reference the national geographics showing what happens in places they actually practice that.

Why are topless women not allowed on t.v.? It is however perfectly alright to see guys with assault rifles mow down a crowd of people on some action drama. On the travel channel, no one complains about the topless African tribeswomen but if it was some girl in Lost going topless, there would be a huge uproar from all the Helen Lovejoys in our society who believe children will psychologically scarred for their entire lives if they see a topless woman.

Archived