Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Bill Sweatt talk

No doubt, part of the reason Umberger was dealt by Burke was because a lesser offer was made to Kesler and he signed immediately and Burke made the pitch to RJ "hey your buddy signed for this amount so you should too". Not all players are the same, some just want to make it to the league and some want to also cash in..but if the difference is so little, but jettison them? Its like saying to Luongo during contract talks "hey, Burrows signed for this much, and you should take a pay cut too" The difference between their contracts could've NOT been more than 200k and to let him walk and deal Umberger for a pending UFA is ridiculous, notice how MG doesn't LIKE trading for guys that are not under contract. Its a totally different mindset, which is why MG is gonna take the Canucks to new heights never before seen this market

Ian Walker's interview with Billy Sweatt (released today):

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Take+five+with+Walker/3510868/story.html

BILLY SWEATT

The winger is one of 26 players on the Vancouver Canucks Prospects training camp roster.

Q. You were part of the Kris Versteeg trade to Toronto, but failed to sign with the club and became a free agent after Brian Burke withdrew his offer. Do you think you were unfairly criticized by fans and media in the centre of the universe?

A. Yeah, but there's two sides to every story and most people just got the side of the Maple Leafs and that's fine. Stuff like that is going to happen from time to time. It's a business and not a huge deal. Now I'm with the Canucks and ready to put all that behind me and move forward.

Q. Was the deal Toronto pulled off the table eventually worse or better than the one you got from the Canucks?

A. It was about the same. And that's why it was sort of weird that they just yanked it out of there. We never said no. At the end of the day what happened happened and what's done is done and I'm happy to be here in Vancouver.

Q. What's it like to have your brother, defenceman Lee Sweatt, in the same organization?

A. It's a lot of fun. We got to play together in college for a year and we had a blast. We had a pretty good chemistry between him and I. A lot of my goals my freshman year he assisted on and a lot of his goals his senior year I assisted on. So it was fun and a good experience and I hope this experience mimics the one in college.

Q. I see you're pretty big into Twitter (@BillySweatt), keeping fans up-to-date this summer and even asking for help to find a good place to eat once you got to town. How did that come about?

A. My agent thought it would be a good media thing and marketing tool and a cool way to interact with fans so that's why I started it and it's been pretty fun so far. I've been pretty interactive, telling fans and friends how I'm doing and in turn I get to see what they think. I even respond to a few so I'm happy to do it.

Q. Will you follow me, dude?

A. [Awkward pause] We'll see tomorrow. [Laughing]

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Take+five+with+Walker/3510868/story.html#ixzz0zGJV3x8j

Sweatt was pretty good all week. He speed sure shines through. Needs a bit more finish though. Looking forward to seeing him in some pre-season games. He'll probably end up on the Moose though.

Sweatt was pretty good all week. He speed sure shines through. Needs a bit more finish though. Looking forward to seeing him in some pre-season games. He'll probably end up on the Moose though.

i lol'd so hard about the top 4 comment

He's got the speed but needs the finish sounds like Mason Raymond back then when he was younger.. Can't wait for Sweatt to rip it up

He is playing really well with Hodgson and Shiro.

8 points in 13 game and Ive heard he is hustling and working hard.

Like a player Gillis looks for you can see that he has character too.

billysweatt

Bill Sweatt

#MMDM since Veteran's Day is around the corner I thought I would donate some money to the Armed Forces Veterans Homes Foundation!

He is playing really well with Hodgson and Shiro.

8 points in 13 game and Ive heard he is hustling and working hard.

Like a player Gillis looks for you can see that he has character too.

He seems like a good kid.

A goal and 2 assists for Sweatt last night in the Moose's shootout loss.

Sweatt's coming on strong lately though. He's now up to 17 points in 26 games, and hopefully will continue to step up with Hodgson and Schroeder being out for a while.

A good night for our prospects overall.

Sweatt with 3 points

Friesen with 3 points

Polasek with 2 points

Rodin with an assist

Connauton with a goal

Shirokov with a goal